It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California governor, Trump ratchet up war of words

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

“Far from being out of control, California is creating jobs faster than any other state and immigrants are key to our economic prosperity,” he said in a written statement. “We are an engine for the country’s innovation and job growth and our state annually pays more in federal taxes than it gets back. Our economy is the sixth largest in the world and thirteen percent of the country’s GDP.”

Assembly Speaker Anthony Rendon added, “If this is what Donald Trump thinks is ‘out of control,’ I’d suggest other states should be more like us.”

The statements gloss over California’s history of budget problems, poorly ranking public schools and ongoing struggle with high unemployment in some regions.

California governor, Trump ratchet up war of words

Who has Trump got in a war of words with so far as POTUS?

The U.S. mainstream media
Iran
California

Those are some bad hombres. I'm rooting for Trump, how about you?

What do you think will be the result of Trump's war of words with California? Will Trump remove federal funding from the state?
edit on 7-2-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

California is as annoying as hemorrhoids on horseback.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

I'm pretty tired at this point of the vague language being used. In this case 'immigrants,' It does not specify legal or illegal as they are not the same.

If Trump were to get in a war with words, I think he would lose due to TKO.
Lack of vocabulary. However, Trump holds the cards and if the suckers want to buck the tiger, that is their loss.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I am going to be honest, I love some of the threads you start and I applaud them, but sometimes I wonder if you just get stuff in the net for the heck of an argument.

I wonder, sometimes, you know.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
What do you think will be the result of Trump's war of words with California?

What are they gonna do to Trump?

Say mean things to him ?

Threaten succession again ?

Rig another presidential election?

Please.

edit on 7-2-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Of course, naturally, the CA politicians are going to defend their state, but that doesnt mean they are truthful when defending.

For Rendon to completely gloss over and omit CA's issues is exactly what Id expect.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Last i checked we're all part of the same country.
People seem to think altercations end with just words, but any fall out will affect us all.
I wish my president would and the people who call him commander in chief would would work for the betterment of the entire country, not state x or y.

When shtf, it we're all facked, not state x or y.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I hate to correct the governor but Nevada, right next door, is at the top of the list for job creation right now.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
It has been my understanding of conservative complaints against the federal government has been that the federal government holds too much power that should be controlled at a state level.

When Texans rumbled about secession a couple of years ago, conservatives cheered. When all those southern counties rumbled, conservatives cheered. But now, a liberal state is rumbling and conservatives scream 'out of control. Trump calls the state out of control. Out of control? Whose control, the federal government's?

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

edit on 7-2-2017 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I hope Cayce was right about California..

If I want to go to Disneyland I'll use my time machine.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I am Conservative leaning and I fully support California's secession.

We would all be better off.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

They always said one day California would break off and fall into the ocean..

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Maybe we'd all be better off if Californians renounced their citizenship and walked. I'm all for trying that first. You know, if it doesn't succeed ... then ... we could let a small part of the landmass secede right at the border of Baja ... and everyone can go live there ... and not vote in US elections anymore.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I seems to me that should California secede, it would be devastating to the whole union. Sure, it is fun to poke fun at them and say things like good riddance, but the reality of California seceding would be catastrophic.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: Snarl

I seems to me that should California secede, it would be devastating to the whole union. Sure, it is fun to poke fun at them and say things like good riddance, but the reality of California seceding would be catastrophic.

CA is an extremely diverse state.

It's not going to secede.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech

They always said one day California would break off and fall into the ocean..

Yeah, it won't happen like that.

The strike-slip earthquakes on the San Andreas Fault are a result of this plate motion. The plates are moving horizontally past one another, so California is not going to fall into the ocean. However, Los Angeles and San Francisco will one day be adjacent to one another!

Source

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
FYI:

"What Would Happen if California Seceded from the Union"
10. Cost of Fruits, Vegetables, and Nuts will rise
9. Wine Will Cost More
8. Loss of Major Companies
continued, milk, imports and California tourism
3. Rise in Taxes
2. Devaluing of the American Dollar
1. World Wide Recession
Source

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
It has been my understanding of conservative complaints against the federal government has been that the federal government holds too much power that should be controlled at a state level.

When Texans rumbled about secession a couple of years ago, conservatives cheered. When all those southern counties rumbled, conservatives cheered. But now, a liberal state is rumbling and conservatives scream 'out of control. Trump calls the state out of control. Out of control? Whose control, the federal government's?

No complaint from me. I hope they leave the U.S. for real. Without those electoral votes every election the democratic party will never get a presidential candidate again ever. Maybe we can get a viable third party in.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
You know what really aren't the biggest problems this country faces?

originally posted by: Profusion
The U.S. mainstream media
Iran
California

Trump, picking all the wrong battles (and creating countless new ones in the process).. but who is the least bit surprised.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join