It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live Stream: Bernie Sanders vs Ted Cruz

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Did Cruz catch Sanders in a trap and make him admit government healthcare may not be able to afford all the treatments and services available? That's reassuring.

I have to say, this feels like 2016 all over again!

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: introvert

People with serious existing medical conditions can go to Medicare. Problem solved.

Not really
Wouldn't it be better for people to not have to wait for stuff to go from a minor treatment caught early to the point of serious existing medical condition? we are talking a difference in price by the magnitude of hundreds of times...better to get a aspirin off the taxpayer than a heart transplant, no?

I'm saying that people WHO ALREADY HAVE a serious medical condition should be able to join Medicare and maintain continuous coverage. Everyone else can obtain a private, customized, affordable plan, just like they could from 1942 to 2010.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Bernie on both sides of the Mandela Effect.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

I'm saying that people WHO ALREADY HAVE a serious medical condition should be able to join Medicare and maintain continuous coverage. Everyone else can obtain a private, customized, affordable plan, just like they could from 1942 to 2010.

Agreed.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
If everyone has a right to the work (healthcare) of others, then Bernie should be working in government for free. Lead by example, or STFU.
edit on 7-2-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I'm in another dimension or CNN done gone crazy.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

Agreed.

What's so frustrating is that the American people would love this option. Insurance companies would love this option. The only dissenters are the physicians, due to the pay cut they would take. But politicians always want to build a NEW fricken mousetrap every damn time! There no need to do that at all.

BTW..perhaps we could withhold a few billion dollars each year from nations who 'leech' off of America, and keep medical provider compensation on par with what private insurance pays them.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Universal Healthcare is the answer.

I agree , A country shouldn't even be considered as a first world nation as long as parents have to go bankrupt to treat their children or elders.

However, the problem is our gov't is to corrupted and controlled by BIG Corporations in America to do it properly , hence we ended up with something like Obamacare.

Lets see if Trump pulls a surprise miracle?

I'm willing to hold Hillarys breath until he does

As for Bernie vs Cruz , WHY?

They are both done. Bernie Demonstrated he was a sell out from the beginning and Cruz was no different.

We really need to reform lobbying ,enforce congress term limits, hold party accountable and get rid of private political fund-raising by using technology. Either wise their is no point to even attempt to fix healthcare,Medicaid,Medicare ,SS,foreign relations, economy, and the typical things both sides claim to fix for the last 100 years.

edit on 01228America/ChicagoTue, 07 Feb 2017 21:01:27 -0600000000p2842 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

They are both done. Bernie Demonstrated he was a sell out from the beginning and Cruz was no different.

Because they are both sitting Senators, who will be voting on whatever replaces ObamaCare.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: introvert

People with serious existing medical conditions can go to Medicare. Problem solved.

Medicare is only for people 65 and over, or other people with certain ailments.

Pre-existing conditions are not necessarily covered by medicare.

Medicare already exists. Lowering the eligibility age to 0 (moment born) is much simpler than setting up individual state high-risk pools.

Existing medical conditions are covered by Medicare from day #1.

Medicare does not cover everyone with pre-existing conditions. Neither does Medicaid.

Sounds to me that you are in favor of socialized healthcare.

So am I. Universal Healthcare is the answer.

Health care is tough and there are know easy answers.

Allow me to attack the idea of universal healthcare from the left.

Post modernist Michel Foucault talked about the idea of "biopower", which is control over life. He clamed that if you give the government the power to give life, you have also given them the power to take it away. In other words, if you rely on the government, you are at their mercy.

One of the arguments for universal health care that many on the left share is that people right now going to the ER and not paying drive up costs for all.

If we have universal health care based off of arguments like this, that means we are only one step away from the government regulating our health totally.

So like Foucault warned of, you now have health care from the government, but you now have to eat what they say, get the procedures they say, etc. And if the government decides they don't like what you are saying about them, the click of a mouse can ensure that you never get health care again.

I am not saying I totally agree with Foucault, but its food for thought.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Thankfully Bernie Sanders is in the minority when it comes to converting our country over to Universal, Government-Run, healthcare for all.

Most popular/appealing system would be Medicare for those who NEED immediate coverage due to existing conditions, and Private Insurance for those who can qualify for it.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

I agree , A country shouldn't even be considered as a first world nation as long as parents have to go bankrupt to treat their children or elders. However, the problem is our gov't is to corrupted and controlled by BIG Corporations in America to do it properly , hence we ended up with something like Obamacare. Lets see if Trump pulls a surprise miracle?

We agree on that. That's a good start.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Crossing state lines won't work either. Would bring us closer to civil war, when the millions of people in ultra-expensive New York flock to Michigan to buy their health insurance.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Crossing state lines won't work either. Would bring us closer to civil war, when the millions of people in ultra-expensive New York flock to Michigan to buy their health insurance.

What will they have to do to the costs in New York when the demand dries up?

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Because they are both sitting Senators, who will be voting on whatever replaces ObamaCare.

Exactly so what is the point Bernie was there when Obamacare was created and Cruz will also sell to the highest bidder.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Exactly so what is the point Bernie was there when Obamacare was created and Cruz will also sell to the highest bidder.

Hey regardless of why they are debating, isn't it nice to see ideas being discussed without people in black hoods beating anyone?

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Throes

What will they have to do to the costs in New York when the demand dries up?

How long would Michigan residents suffer under increased premiums due to the influx of New Yorkers, before rates go down in New York, and they flock back "home" to get a policy? Any estimates?

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Hey regardless of why they are debating, isn't it nice to see ideas being discussed without people in black hoods beating anyone?

Since so few Democrats watch CNN after the network caused Hillary to lose, I doubt if the Soros-funded goons realize that this debate is occurring.
edit on 2/7/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Well.. Bernie wants to "raise revenue" by everyone paying "Their fair share". I knew we'd hear those famous words eventually.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join