It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question to media, why?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Drftr1955

Well, there are truths, there are lies, and there is the narrative. The media doesn't care whether any politician or public figure is telling truth or lies, they only care about whether the narrative is being adhered to. Trump pisses on the narrative, so he's been labeled an enemy. Even worse for the corporate media and their stooges, many Americans and Europeans are starting to recognize what a steaming pile of horsecrap the narrative is, and they're rebelling against it.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drftr1955

Why does MSM question, call out or flat out call Trump a liar for every statement he makes?

Because he won the election against Hillary Clinton.

Billions of Dollars were lost on that boondoggle.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

True.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Billions of Dollars were lost on that boondoggle.

I think you meant Trillions, brother. ... Trillions ...

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Some of the big "news" corporations have presidents and CEOs and other high positions staffed with people whom, conveniently, have a spouse that works at or for the White House.

If you're not familiar with that I highly recommend looking into it.

Now, can you imagine a wife (say CEO of a "news" corporation) goes home after work and says to her husband (employed at the White House), "Hey honey, we blasted you, your team and your bosses on prime time tonight"? I don't think they would last very long as a couple let alone a successful marriage.

The press is only even allowed to talk about what they are allowed to talk about. Remember Good Morning Vietnam? There was a lot of truth in that movie.

That's just the government angle, there's also the private funding angle to consider.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

You mean they are getting what they deserved*

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc
a reply to: introvert

You mean they are getting what they deserved*

I'd say they are both getting what they deserve.

Respect is a two-way street.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

a reply to: hellobruce

And your proof........?

I posted it, most times using Trump's own words....

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

a reply to: hellobruce

And don't forget my original question, why wasn't Obama called out by the media for his constant lying?

Care to detail Obama's lies he was not called out on? Unless......
edit on 7-2-2017 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Because the campaign trail is over with. The embellishments and 'alternative facts ' are not going to fly anymore.

Its time for the cabinet to lead, and not by doing what you accuse the 'msm' of doing; thats not leading. "Alternative facts" are only accepted by the cultists, its time to substantiate all claims made by the people elected to lead the country.

MSM will always do what is more profitable for them. Im not concerned about tabloid non sense, leaders of the free world need to be held at a higher standard than msnbc or cnn. The mindless drones who automatically agree with Everything the cabinet says are not looking in the best interest of the country, just partisanship banter and online memes.

Team trump need to lead the country, get off twitter, stop sayin "Obama " so much, and look at where the country is... and its people.

Respect is earned, not bestowed upon solely based on tax brackets. The nominees will need to work even harder to earn the respect of the working man

Forget tge rethoric the mindless trumpaholics spew, forget msm... ask your government to start leading instead of the endless tabloid SNL material thats making the US a mockery of what it once was.

Why does the president like the reality'esque drama... thats the question you should be asking. Why is the president of the United States on the same pedestal as reality tv stars on " entertainment tonight "... sad.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Ah, I think I know where you are going wrong here - you're under the impression that the media should be given some sort of collective respect as the be-all and end-all of objective information - that's deceptive lie #1.

If you understand that the media are private companies given special privileges by the government of the day, then you start to understand why they are NEVER to be trusted, why they are simply propaganda outlets pushing political agendas and of course CNN and the retards and their election coverage and 'projected winner polls' are all a testament to this.

Then you will have ATS members use false equivalence suggesting that Trump is nasty to them so he's getting what he deserves - when if you read my 2 paragraphs above this one, the reality is that the opposite is the case - the media attacked Trump from the very second he announced he was running.

CNN is fake news.

SHHHHH, You're making way to much sense. There are many here that can't handle the truth and a lil common sense.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Why does MSM question, call out or flat out call Trump a liar for every statement he makes?

They don't. They just call him and his people out for down right lies and "so called facts" that he spouts out without any evidence.

Why do Trump and Co feel they have to lie so much? What's up with that?

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
he hasn`t lied about anything important, the irrelevant things that he lies about are done on purpose to keep the media talking about crowd sizes, under reporting terrorist attacks, murder rates 50 years ago and murder rates now, and while the media is busy doing in depth analyst of those irrelevant petty topics, trump and the republicans are doing really big controversial stuff that the media should be paying attention to.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Right, like accidentally appointing Steven Bannon to the National Security Council, threatening to destroy a Texas senator's career for daring to address the reform of civil asset forfeiture laws, and attracting the Judicial Branch of the government!

edit on 7-2-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

If Trump didn't lie, there wouldn't be anything to call out. So either Trump doesn't care about lying to the public, or he's lying to the public as a political tactic, to stir up divisiveness.

Take your pick.

I'll take D. Most of the time Trump isn't lying, the MSM hit pieces on Trump are mostly lies.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
I'll take D. Most of the time Trump isn't lying,

Funny how the little trumpets refuse to accept the reality that Trump constantly lies....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join