It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question to media, why?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Why does MSM question, call out or flat out call Trump a liar for every statement he makes?
I agree they should be vigilant and hold all public officials accountable. However, every time Obama opened his mouth he lied and he was never questioned. Looks like major discrimination and a double standard. Or is it because it would not have been PC to question our first non white president?
Just a question.
edit on 7-2-2017 by Drftr1955 because: didnt work on first attempt to post

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
nvm

edit on 7-2-2017 by waftist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drftr1955
Why does MSM question, call out or flat out call Trump a liar for every statement he makes?
I agree they should be vigilant and hold all public officials accountable. However, every time Obama opened his mouth he lied and he was never questioned. Looks like major discrimination and a double standard. Or is it because it would not have been PC to question our first non white president?
Just a question.

Perhaps it's because Trump has not been very nice to the MSM.

You know, treat others how you want to be treated.

He is getting what he deserves.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Drftr1955

If Trump didn't lie, there wouldn't be anything to call out. So either Trump doesn't care about lying to the public, or he's lying to the public as a political tactic, to stir up divisiveness.

Take your pick.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Perhaps it's because Trump has not been very nice to the MSM. You know, treat others how you want to be treated. He is getting what he deserves.

That is the most stupid and inane comment ... even from you.

The MSM have lied and fabricated bull crap ever since Trump announced he was running.

Your comments are always so over the top and just plain stupid.

P

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I would say the media is finally getting what they deserve.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Not sure much of what Trump has said has been proven to be false.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Easy solution: Don't lie and don't allow it from people that report to you or are officially hired to speak on your behalf.

Problem solved.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

The MSM have lied and fabricated bull crap ever since Trump announced he was running. Your comments are always so over the top and just plain stupid.

Trump has been treating the MSM like garbage during his campaign and continues to do so. You expect the media to play nice with someone that is disrespectful and childish?

If you do, now that's stupid.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Leonidas,
Not really that simple. I would be curious if the age of those supporting the MSM in this. Time was when the media reported news and didn't attempt to create it

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Why does Trump lie in virtually every statement he makes would be a better question!

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Ah, I think I know where you are going wrong here - you're under the impression that the media should be given some sort of collective respect as the be-all and end-all of objective information - that's deceptive lie #1.

If you understand that the media are private companies given special privileges by the government of the day, then you start to understand why they are NEVER to be trusted, why they are simply propaganda outlets pushing political agendas and of course CNN and the retards and their election coverage and 'projected winner polls' are all a testament to this.

Then you will have ATS members use false equivalence suggesting that Trump is nasty to them so he's getting what he deserves - when if you read my 2 paragraphs above this one, the reality is that the opposite is the case - the media attacked Trump from the very second he announced he was running.

CNN is fake news.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Well said. I just remember the time when the media could be trusted to report unbiased news, for the most part

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Then you will have ATS members use false equivalence suggesting that Trump is nasty to them so he's getting what he deserves - when if you read my 2 paragraphs above this one, the reality is that the opposite is the case - the media attacked Trump from the very second he announced he was running.

It's fairly simple. If you are hostile to someone, it's most likely they will be hostile towards you.

You can blame the media for their conduct, but you can only blame Trump for his conduct...and his conduct towards the media has not been respectful or respectable.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Real journalists aren't supposed to be biased.

They have thrown away any sense of journalistic integrity.

Ratings and speed over truth. Let's face it the obsessed, one-dimensional anti-president / anti-government rhetoric drives up clicks and ratings. Just look here and around the web. People don't know what they're talking about, they refuse to focus on anything other than their hatred.

ATS gets clicks. Entertainment-News-Media gets clicks & ratings. They get paid.

All you have to do is load a site that's ad supported, whether you agree with the subject or not, and they get paid.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Not sure much of what Trump has said has been proven to be false.

Let us see....

How about the number of people at his inauguration?

How about the lie he made that he would release his tax returns?

"Terrorism and terrorist attacks in the United States and Europe have "gotten to a point where it's not even being reported." "

"Says "109 people out of hundreds of thousands of travelers" were affected by the immigration executive order. "

"If you were a Muslim, you could come in, if you were a Christian, it was impossible."

"Here in Philadelphia murder has been steady — I mean — just terribly increasing."

"There was "serious voter fraud" in Virginia.
There was "serious voter fraud" in New Hampshire.
There was "serious voter fraud" in California. "

"Says "thousands" at a Manhattan rally for Donald Trump were chanting "We hate Muslims, we hate blacks, we want our great country back."

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Perhaps he is giving them what they deserve.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Perhaps he is giving them what they deserve.

Perhaps.

It seems to be a mutual issue.

Trump hates the media and the media hates Trump.

No matter, my premise holds true, even if other's claim it to be a false equivalence.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

And your proof........?

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

And don't forget my original question, why wasn't Obama called out by the media for his constant lying?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join