It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Run In with Regulations

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

how are they suppose to find a minority owned materials supply company. i thought thay all work at Home Depot, Menards or Lowes.. Anyway. The whole situation seems sketchy. Do you have a town meeting coming up soon? I'd definitely bring it up there if you do.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: introvert

Ok I am mis dating things here. The first notice in 2014 came in September of 2014, and you had until the end of December 2014 to get all of your documents in to apply.

This time around, I received notice on January 24, 2017, and have until Feb 10, 2017.

I am still working on uploading the pics.

Thanks for clarifying. I'll wait to see the notice before I comment further.

I need to see where it came from and exactly what it said.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Corruptedstructure

how are they suppose to find a minority owned materials supply company. i thought thay all work at Home Depot, Menards or Lowes.. Anyway. The whole situation seems sketchy. Do you have a town meeting coming up soon? I'd definitely bring it up there if you do.

WBE/MBE first have to register as such.

To be candid, there are a LOT of shenanigans that go on.... like non-minority person A creating a business that is "technically" under minority person B's name.

Every so often they arrest some people.... but by and large it goes unabated.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
One more very good reason why affirmative action laws need to be dumped in the trash where they belong .

Hope they get things sorted for you and your neighbors .

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
This thread makes me want to punch a bureaucrat.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden
This thread makes me want to punch a bureaucrat.

For that you have to obtain and fillout the proper forms in quadruplicate , submit to the committee for approval , refile your submission as first one was lost , go look for form f which they forgot to tell you about , refile again as forms werent notarized ,

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
it sounds like the county or the state want to keep the grant money for themselves by discouraging people and making it hard for people to get the grants. they can tell the fed " not enough people applied and were accepted so we`re just gonna keep all the extra grant money."

The money will find it`s way into some politicians pocket.
edit on 7-2-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Notice on the top of the first pisk is says all of the bidders failed to conform to the bidding requirements of the CDBG. My family called and asked what this meant, and they said that the bidders did not get estimates from minority owned building material suppliers.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I've forwarded the images to a lawyer I know to get a bit more info, but I'd like to know if those income requirements are based on federal or local/state standards.

Do you happen to know?

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

I've forwarded the images to a lawyer I know to get a bit more info, but I'd like to know if those income requirements are based on federal or local/state standards.

Do you happen to know?

I have no clue.

The first thing I want to do is get in writing is exactly what is meant by "bidders failed to conform to the bidding requirements of the CDBG"

Seeing as how CDBG is a federal grant, there is a chance that the reg is a federal one, but I have no idea.

All I have right now is the woman who sent this letters word that it was over not getting estimates from minority owned businesses.

The have looked online but can not find regulations for the CDBG.

Oh and I am sorry I just saw you were referencing income standards.

Again, the CDBG is a federal grant designed to help low income people, so I wouldn't be supposed that if it is a federal limit. But I don't know.

edit on 7-2-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I feel your pain.
Do the smart thing and get out of the city- out where the water doesn't run.

Here in portland maine, I now have a quarterly bill for rain.
And it'll happen to you, too!

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
This is DISGUSTING!!!!!

Have you told this story to any of your local news outlets (tv stations)? Let's get this unholy situation into the public awareness. If enough people know about it, we could quickly get the public to come together and demand that these "public servants" do what they are supposed to do.

It's supposed to be the government works FOR we the people, but it's been the opposite for a long while. We're the frogs in in the pot being slowly boiled to death without realizing it.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
This is DISGUSTING!!!!!

Have you told this story to any of your local news outlets (tv stations)? Let's get this unholy situation into the public awareness. If enough people know about it, we could quickly get the public to come together and demand that these "public servants" do what they are supposed to do.

It's supposed to be the government works FOR we the people, but it's been the opposite for a long while. We're the frogs in in the pot being slowly boiled to death without realizing it.

How is this disgusting? They are offering to pay to place infrastructure on private property for the simple task of filling out an application?

Is it a hassle? Yes... but it's to get up to 6k in work and materials for FREE.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: introvert

Hey thanks! Thats really good advice. I just got my letter today and started looking into it, but this is a great start and question to ask the people I call.

You're welcome.

Also, I believe each state has a citizen/consumer advocacy office, much like the IRS, which you can contact for advice or even begin to take actions if your rights are being violated or the city/state are over-stepping their bounds.

Don't be afraid to call around, find out what your rights are and play hard ball if need be.

Excellent advice! Fight back in any way you possibly can. I wish you and all those involved a lot of luck!

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
I feel your pain.
Do the smart thing and get out of the city- out where the water doesn't run.

Here in portland maine, I now have a quarterly bill for rain.
And it'll happen to you, too!

Portland is charging for rain now? Ridiculous. Portland has become a bedroom community for Boston and even New York sadly. It used to be a pretty cool place when I was growing up there. Over time it became less and less like Maine. Pretty sad that the hard-working culture of Portland got to this.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

originally posted by: KansasGirl
This is DISGUSTING!!!!!

How is this disgusting? They are offering to pay to place infrastructure on private property for the simple task of filling out an application?

Is it a hassle? Yes... but it's to get up to 6k in work and materials for FREE.

A couple of things.

First is the fact that people have lived in these houses for sometimes over 50 years, and are told that if they don't connect to a new sewage line they will have their house condemned.

Now take that in conjunction with that many low income people were relieved to have the option of a grant, ut had to jump through a lot of hoops to get it.

The these people had to pay for the sewage access for two years after they were accepted for the grant and told that the digging would occur within 6 months.

And lastly, they are then told "sorry no money for you. You have 2 weeks to reapply, and if you don't you better come up with thousands to dig up your sewage within six months, or you are evicted"

You may find the idea of a grant generous, but to promise that money to people, keep them dangling for two years, and then take it away from unless the redo everything in two weeks is despicable.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Wait, they've been paying for sewer access that whole time? If so that is absolute bullsnip.

If that is the case there is a very good case for not paying more to connect. Sorry if I misunderstood.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Makes me sick that people can be taken advantage of like that. It's not right! I don't know how some people can sleep at night getting away with the crap that they do!

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

How much more can/will people tolerate before we put a stop to the nonsense being imposed on us by our PUBLIC SERVANTS.

Enough already.

Has nothing to do with the actual people working as public servants. Those people only follow the procedures put into place after laws are passed.

If you don't like what public servants do, have their orders changed.

Do you hate soldiers because of what they're ordered to do? Because if you applied that same logic, if you disliked what our military was told to do, you'd hate the soldiers doing it just as much or more.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join