It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cosmic Background Radiation 'oriented' towards the Solar System?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
This is pretty bizarre and will no doubt be put to rhetorical use by those who believe that the universe was specifically created for human life:

www.theglobeandmail.com...

"A new analysis of the "echo" of the Big Bang has left cosmologists scratching their heads and could throw a monkey wrench into efforts to understand how the universe began.
"U.S. and European scientists analyzed the distribution of "hot" and "cold" regions -- areas that are putting out greater or less amounts of energy than the average -- of the cosmic microwave background radiation (the so-called echo). What they found was unexpected: an apparent correlation between those hot and cold spots and the orientation and motion of our solar system.
'"All of this is mysterious," says Glenn Starkman, a Canadian physicist based at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland and one of the authors of a recent paper in Physical Review Letters that outlined the finding. "And the strange thing is, the more you delve into it, the more mysteries you find."'

The article goes on to mention that this observation could be the result of something within the solar system that is interfering with how such radiation reaches us.

If this data is valid, however, it would seem to imply that the universe is somehow oriented to the craddle of human life- the solar system.

[edit on 30-1-2005 by onlyinmydreams]

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I don't know about it being there just for the purpose of creating life, but it could have been the factor why life was created, along the sidelines with other factors, not just the factor.

I don't know where you are going with this, but I sure hope not Godly intervention.

Surf

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Very interesting. Good find.

...I kind of hope it's something other than chance or microwave contamination. ...Also, don't like the big bang theory because it does not accommodate cycles, which I think is essential. [No scientific reason - came to me in a dream
]

new topics

join