It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar Mystery — What Happened to the Sun in 5480 BC?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

The actual one. The one i read (in translation).

It is much more boring than the Sitchinesque "woo" you find out there. But pretty interesting nonetheless.

But my point is, some of the mythology of the ancients...could there be a correlative?

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan
Sure. But aside from a (maybe) strong auroral event, there wouldn't have been much to see in this case. Cancer rates may have increased somewhat for that generation but that's about it (if they even lived long enough to die of cancer back then). No bolts from the sky. No people dropping dead. If it weren't for the 14C in an old tree, there would be no evidence of it happening.

I wonder if (if we survive long enough) someone will claim that the Grand Canyon was really made by a Giant and his blue ox.

edit on 2/8/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I wonder if (if we survive long enough) someone will claim that the Grand Canyon was really made by a Giant and his blue ox.

It wasn't?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   
"strong solar bursts, or a very weak sun"
Strong OR weak!!!! ?
witch is it? they have no idea.
dont you thing the difference would be big?
like a ice age or lots of fires?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   

a reply to: CynConcepts

Carbon 14 is produced by collisions between air atoms and high energy particles. Those particles (cosmic rays) originate sporadically from the Sun. They do not originate from volcanoes. They also originate from the far, far reaches of space. Solar activity inversely affects the level of galactic cosmic ray "flux". The less activity there is, the higher the flux on Earth. What ever caused this, it came from "out there."

When a CME encounters Earth's magnetic field it causes it to "wiggle" for a while. That's what a geomagnetic storm is. There isn't much evidence to support a connection between geomagnetic storms and climate.

Spot on and thanks for chipping in here..

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   
OK photons mass thing i was posting on qaudruple posted and deleted all of them , inadvertently..

so

NO mass but suspicion is there could be mass in a photon "particle".

Here is a good read on this.

www.desy.de...
edit on 9-2-2017 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   
the triple.... geeze

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Photons have zero rest mass. That's how they travel at c.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   

but they were around 5kya. And its not far fetched to think that something significant 2500 years earlier didn't end up codified in writings as a quasihistorical/mythological event.
Immanuel Velikovsky's work is on just that .en.wikipedia.org... I put a vid/podcast of him from 1966 in a earlier post .

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Well if people at the time would have blue ox's a d knew of giants they might try to fit that into the narrative .I get a kick out of some of the Native stories passed down on the creation . Most use common natural things like trees and rivers rocks ,sun moon and stars . Its usually not a scientific one and how could it have been . Most scientific words were not created until much later . I found the Symbols of an Alien Sky which deals with rock art and modern cosmology quite compelling .

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I haven't read yet, but Star and flag fur later...

I hope these posts continue from you.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Sure. But aside from a (maybe) strong auroral event, there wouldn't have been much to see in this case. Cancer rates may have increased somewhat for that generation but that's about it (if they even lived long enough to die of cancer back then). No bolts from the sky. No people dropping dead. If it weren't for the 14C in an old tree, there would be no evidence of it happening.

Nope it clearly says in this here Bible that White Monotomic Gold fell
from the sky because otherwise there were only locus and frogs to eat.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
"We found a change in 14C that was more abrupt than any found previously, except for cosmic ray events in AD 775 and AD 994

So did anything happen in those dates?

A bit odd to jump to ideas of nuclear war/ changes in dna etc without checking those dates?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyTrick

This is a climate graph that has a bit of a signal around those dates but nothing that stands out .en.wikipedia.org...#/media/File:2000_Year_Temperature_Comparison.png

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Approx 5500 BC is time when ceramic pottery began to be created and spread .......

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

It might also be reflecting a relatively large meteor or comet impact event.
Both can cause a period of global cooling, higher levels of radiation and lower levels of pollen in soil samples.

It's been suggested that the concept of Lucifer (the shinning one) being cast out of/from heaven into the earth (Falling from grace)...and bringing evil upon the earth...is based upon early humans witnessing a massive comet or meteor impact.

we have a winner
there are other impact markers for this time frame

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: punkinworks10

By what mechanism would an impact increase 14C levels?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Dude have a look at the glass formations in the desert.. The area with high radioactivity.. The molten walls. Its not just one town there are many...

This is not the first time we have had a high civilasation. There have been others before. Most cultures around the world beleive in more than one age of man. It is our culture that lacks it. Probably because of our lack of mythology...

The dates are spot on the so called flucations in the sun happend at the same time as the atomic war in the past..l

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

a reply to: punkinworks10

By what mechanism would an impact increase 14C levels?

If it was atomic!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join