It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar Mystery — What Happened to the Sun in 5480 BC?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
This was roughly the time the early Sumerian culture began to flourish.
Perhaps the radiation burst produced genetic changes resulting in another evolutionary advance of human civilization.

There was a supernova around 12000 ywars ago that was powrful enough to create bubbles in chert (a type of glassy mineral). Anything on one side of the planet would have been toasted.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Citation?

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Fascinating!! Not a lot of known history from that time, that I can find! Estimates are, that's the general time period that farming communities were settling in Europe, and, from 5000BC forward, we have cave drawings. So, this is before any of that! Of course, there is the Vinca culture, placed around 6000BC, several old cultures in other places, but very little data. Here is a timeline of sorts, with a lot of ancient dates, but there is nothing on some odd solar activity. Interestingly, there is flooding listed, from 6000BC to 5600BC, which is getting close! Quite a mystery.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Maybe it wasn't the Sun, but a nearby astronomical event. There was a supernova about that time, HB9, which is believed to have been as bright as the Sun, as several groups given to drawing pictures left "two suns in the sky" pictures dated to about that time.

It was only about 2400 ly away, which sounds like a lot but in terms of being close to a supernova, it is as close as you want to be.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

How close to c do cosmic rays get?

In any case, it seems HB9 was too recent.

We find that only one Supernova remnant HB9 meets all these criteria and it exploded around 4500 BC with a brightness comparable to the brightness of the Moon .

www.tifr.res.in...

edit on 2/8/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Since the oldest living tree is 5066 years old, where did they find a DEAD tree that is 7400+ years old that most definitely would have to be fossilized, where all of the chemicals in its rings were replaced through the process of fossilization with minerals?

Good guestion. Didn't make sense to me either. The numbers don't add.

Denny

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Dudes have a look at some mythology for a possible answer.. Look at the Mahabharata war from the vedics. Atomic wepons where used then.

Date of the war: 5480 B.C

Now I have become death... the destroyer of worlds....

"Gurkha, flying a swift and powerful vimana (fast aircraft)hurled a single projectile (rocket) charged with the power of the Universe (nuclear device). An incandescent column ofsmoke and flame, as bright as ten thousand suns, rose with all its splendor. It was an unknown weapon, an iron thunderbolt, a gigantic messenger of death, which reduced to ashes the entire race of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas. The corpses were so burned as to be unrecognizable.Hair and nails fell out; Pottery broke without apparent cause,and the birds turned white. After a few hours all foodstuffs were infected... to escape from this fire the soldiers threw themselves in streams to wash themselves and their equipment."

"Dense arrows of flame, like a great shower, issued forth upon creation, encompassing the enemy. A thick gloom swiftly settled upon the Pandava hosts.All points of the compass were lost in darkness.Fierce wind began to blow upward, showering dust and gravel. Birds croaked madly... the very elements seemed disturbed.The earth shook, scorched by the terrible violent heat of this weapon.Elephants burst into flame and ran to and fro in a frenzy. over a vast area, other animals crumpled to the ground and died.From all points of the compass the arrows of flame rained continuously and fiercely."

edit on 8-2-2017 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: Miracula2

I don't think he is or was a scientist ,so nothing to not trust there .As for being in jail well the system we have today puts people who are not guilty in while at the same time let guilty people go free . Wasn't there a guy who said the earth went around the sun put in jail ? And what does sharing a imagination with a opinion do ? hint.it leads to discovery ...

Yes, there was a guy put in house arrest till death because he opposed religious jargon and paid a price. what does that have to do with the original post? Oh, I get it, god did it.

Denny

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
the source of the specimens to test for C-14...

...While Methuselah still stands as of 2016 at the ripe old age of 4,848 in the White Mountains of California, in Inyo National Forest,
another bristlecone pine in the area was discovered to be over 5,000 years old...

So, stands of these ancient trees live in California...

is it possible that the maxxed out C-14 readings were not because of a planet wide CME or Solar Flare... but a highly localized and concentrated saturation of the immediate area by a 'Ray' that washed over the location---

and that is why there is no record of a weird colored sky by any civilization that kept records of astronomical events like the Ancient Chinese / Sino people did on other occasions in the past..... 5480+ BCE was not the backward Neolithic, age of grunters or ape-men... there were populations with indoor plumbing around back then

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

It could also be magnetic field perturbation (not just our local star or cosmic event).

Ooohhhh, maybe all three!! One of those "one in a million" events. A cosmic event, sun CME, and magnetic field crack.

Gee, how long would that have to last to affect 14C creation??!

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

Dudes have a look at some mythology for a possible answer.. Look at the Mahabharata war from the vedics. Atomic wepons where used then.

Date of the war: 5480 B.C

Now I have become death... the destroyer of worlds....

"Gurkha, flying a swift and powerful vimana (fast aircraft)hurled a single projectile (rocket) charged with the power of the Universe (nuclear device). An incandescent column ofsmoke and flame, as bright as ten thousand suns, rose with all its splendor. It was an unknown weapon, an iron thunderbolt, a gigantic messenger of death, which reduced to ashes the entire race of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas. The corpses were so burned as to be unrecognizable.Hair and nails fell out; Pottery broke without apparent cause,and the birds turned white. After a few hours all foodstuffs were infected... to escape from this fire the soldiers threw themselves in streams to wash themselves and their equipment."

"Dense arrows of flame, like a great shower, issued forth upon creation, encompassing the enemy. A thick gloom swiftly settled upon the Pandava hosts.All points of the compass were lost in darkness.Fierce wind began to blow upward, showering dust and gravel. Birds croaked madly... the very elements seemed disturbed.The earth shook, scorched by the terrible violent heat of this weapon.Elephants burst into flame and ran to and fro in a frenzy. over a vast area, other animals crumpled to the ground and died.From all points of the compass the arrows of flame rained continuously and fiercely."

For the sake of context, do you have a link to where you took your quoted material from? Something tells me it's not from the Vedas or the Bhagavad Gita and is someone else's odd interpretation of Vedic scripture. It's also important to note that had some sort of nuclear device been used over modern day India, there would be copious evidence of such an event that would easily be detected by any independant researchers who chose to visit the area.

I've seen this claim many, many times the last 2 decades or so and yet nobody can ever seem to tell me how a powerful nuclear device was used yet it didn't knock down homes that are still standing today, that were made entirely of mud brick. Mud brick isn't typically considered to be strong enough to withstand an earthquake let alone an air detonation of a nuclear weapon. So if you can put forth any hypothesis for how the structures survived for any amount of time at all let alone a few millennia, I'm all ears!

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Interesting. I gave you a star and flag.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Interesting. I gave you a star and flag.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DaCook

what does that have to do with the original post?
It had nothing to do with the op and was a response to another member . Just as this response to you , and yours to mine had nothing to do with the op ......now what was your point ?

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

There is a YT channel called newearth that is a kind of interesting . She looks at old old places with big structures and places I had never hears about .They are so bizzar that even the scholars don't approach the subject or when they do ,what they say makes no sense at all .Some of the places actually look like a bomb may have been used ...a big bomb here is the channel www.youtube.com...
edit on 8-2-2017 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

eta ....just posting this vid on Immanuel Velikovsky | Cataclysmic Earth Changes | 1966

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
What a great post, thanks. I wonder if there is any mention of this in ancient scripts / writings? Such an occurrence would have been a notable event that astronomers around the world would have made note of.

I'd check ancient Chinese, Indian and Sanskrit writings from the time and see if there is any mention. Unfortunately, I don't read any of this

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

Nobody was writing much of anything 7,500 years ago.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
when compared to historical/quasihistorical events, i wonder how things could line up?

The Mahabarrata, maybe?

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: babybunnies

Nobody was writing much of anything 7,500 years ago.

No, but they were around 5kya. And its not far fetched to think that something significant 2500 years earlier didn't end up codified in writings as a quasihistorical/mythological event.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The Mahabarrata, maybe?

The actual one, or the fake one?

The Mahabharata actually doesn’t say any of that. These exact claims about the hair and nails falling off and an explosion brighter than a thousand suns have been repeated by Ancient Astronaut theorists so many times that they think it’s true, but the origin of this line was from a French book called “Morning of the Magicians”

ancientaliensdebunked.com...

Something tricky going on with that particular link.
Try the homepage.
ancientaliensdebunked.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join