It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump uses restroom, MSM speculates on motive and possible outcomes

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Mods: Please move if better suited in another forum.

Now, ive never been into politics. After the last 6 months, its been hard not to get into them. Ive read and replied to several posts, and even have a couple political threads on here recently, which is pretty out of character for me.
Noticing that ive been pulled into an area that i do not want to be a part of, ive been avoiding lots of media. Independent, as well as mainstream, yet i just can not get away from it!!!
Imo, the POTUS has the most critical job in the world, i can understand that. Politics has, and always will be a big part of media, which i can also understand. Ive never seen any politician covered by the media as extensively as the way our current president is. What I cant understand is why i havent seen such criticism (and praise) for any other POTUS, as I do for Trump. The man cant use the bathroom without the media (independent and MSM) reporting on it. Even in the event that there isn't a story to report, the 'story' is lots of people speculating and stating their opinoins.
The reason for making this thread is that ive been contemplating a certain issue for a week now, and cant come to a consensus in my own mind, so im asking you all to help.
The question is, If America was as critical of every POTUS weve ever had, as they are of Trump, would we be in the turbulent times were in now? That goes for all areas. Social, economic, foreign relations and all other areas we deem the responsibility of our commander in chief. Would they be better? Would they be worse?
Please, tell me what you think, but be respectful of others. This isnt meant to support or demean any party or person, or discuss any of the current bills or legislation in congress. This just about media/personal criticism and how, or if it impacts us as a society.
What do you think?

+15 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I heard speculation from a caller to the radio this morning that it seems as if, with the Democrats in a real shambles, the press has appointed itself the opposition party in the country, and this is the result.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Takes the concept of gutter press to a whole new level.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Brian4real

This just about media/personal criticism and how, or if it impacts us as a society.

It's definitely a responsibility of the media to inform the public.
But it's not very responsible of the media to report a story that they know will be watched by millions of viewers daily, and report fake happenings...to steer the public opinion a certain direction...to engineer a story to report the next news cycle.

Problem action solution is steered using the media as a manipulation tool.

See how crazy Hilary was slated to bring about this new stronger together mentality prior to the election showing Hilary was not the golden retriever she was made out to be?

They want us to walk up and pet a biting dog-Hilary...
They want us to fear a rescue dog b/c he looks like a retriever?

Swaying public opinion is the name of their game. If we don't watch the news, we can't be so easily manipulated.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I heard speculation from a caller to the radio this morning that it seems as if, with the Democrats in a real shambles, the press has appointed itself the opposition party in the country, and this is the result.

Watch ANYTHING on MSNBC
Instead of admitting and fixing the problems with nbc news they doubled down and are so hateful and spiteful it is crazy.

No one made nbc give debate question answers

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Oh, you've seen that praise and criticism before (just check back and look at the posts on Obama.) Look at the run-up to this... the election phase. It happened with Clinton... but you just might not have minded it as much.

And, let's face it, Trump has made a lot of moves that an experienced politician would not have made. A deft politician would not have made enemies out of the press or started Twitter wars with celebrities. A truly savvy politician would not produce orders without taking advice from their councils. An experienced politician would not send troops off on missions without a lot of meetings with the intelligence agencies (instead of "one... whenever') and without reading the daily memos (which Trump doesn't), etc.

Businessmen can ignore the press and the workers and so forth and go after the money and the stockholders will cheer and the board of directors will, too. But governments are NOT businesses and anyone who tries to run a government like a business is going to get smacked right and left for not following the laws of the land and the procedures set up as "best practices" ... in our case for well over 250 years.

They were done that way for a reason.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

This has been raised on many occasions recently and I think it's an entirely fair point.

The press has blown past the concept of impartial reporting and is increasingly militant and partisan. They are used to calling the tune and it's a major paradigm shift to have a President that wants to make his own choices.

A strong press is important. A questioning, inquisitive press is important. What they are doing now, however, it something very different. They have set themselves up as an opposition party. That is wrong.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

If you are biased towards one side what the media is doing is OK. For people wanting facts without partisan opinion, the choices don't exist anymore.

The media most certainly should not be acting the way it is and I'm talking about both sides here. Instead of serving the public good with unbiased, factual reporting, they have caved in to the partisan madness and added to it.

It's not entirely their fault though. Both the Republicans and Democrats have turned politics into a circus with the shrillest, most radical voices getting the podium. What we need are moderate voices right now, but instead we get the craziness we are seeing. What the media gives though is just an echo chamber for the most radical views they can find.

The Fourth Estate has failed us badly. Those with common sense know that and read between the lines, but all we hear is from the irrational partisans who treat it like a sporting event and stomp their feet when they don't get their own way. Again, I mean both sides are doing that.

Had Hillary won it would be the same I'm sad to say. Everyone wants their own way and to hell with the rational idea of compromise to accomplish goals and get things done. The silent and I think mostly moderate majority no longer have a voice as they are drowned out by the Far Right and the Far Left who represent so few of us in reality.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
The last election cycle has taught us that the media lies about everything even their polls were lies, so any one who still watches MSM deserves to be lied to.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

edit on 7-2-2017 by neo96 because: Never mind. I flushed this post.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

This has been raised on many occasions recently and I think it's an entirely fair point.

The press has blown past the concept of impartial reporting and is increasingly militant and partisan. They are used to calling the tune and it's a major paradigm shift to have a President that wants to make his own choices.

A strong press is important. A questioning, inquisitive press is important. What they are doing now, however, it something very different. They have set themselves up as an opposition party. That is wrong.

I think it is because they run true articles that show Trump&Co. in a bad light. The media is suddenly not only partisan, but militant and Liberals are terrorists . Does no one see a theme here? I see movement towards a fascist, authoritarian state. Some sure have the 'terrorost', 'militant', 'antiamerican' buzzwords down.

edit on 7-2-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

McCarthy would be very happy. All going as planned.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
The last election cycle has taught us that the media lies about everything even their polls were lies, so any one who still watches MSM deserves to be lied to.

The polls were not lies. By and large, they were right. Most people did vote for Hillary. But, something obviously went wrong and many polling companies are attempting to figure out what.

They didn't just say, "Oh forget it, it's too late now." They are proactively trying to figure out better sampling.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I agree
I do not think their polling has gotten better post election

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

they were lies they weren`t even close to being right, after all the elections and polls the media has done they should be better at it.
the polls were lies they were conducted dishonestly.
The media knew that they weren`t conducting honest polls but they didn`t care they only cared about getting the final results on the polls that they wanted.

edit on 7-2-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-2-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

McCarthy is a Hero. The state dept. was infested with communist, various spies were communist.
China could have gone a different way but our spies were compromised, The most famous one was caught in a sting giving classified government documents to the communist newspaper.
Media pulled one of the greatest smear jobs of all time. JFK mimic'd McCarthy's rhetoric yet he is a hero.

How deep have you went into McCarthy? I didn't touch it until recently, taking the 10 minutes public schooling as gospel on the subject.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

The polls were not lies. By and large, they were right. Most people did vote for Hillary. But, something obviously went wrong and many polling companies are attempting to figure out what.

They didn't just say, "Oh forget it, it's too late now." They are proactively trying to figure out better sampling.

You don't truly believe that do you? Some polls had Hillary at a 90% chance to win. Doubt it was a mistake somewhere with the sampling.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

McCarthy would be very happy. All going as planned.

McCarthy was, by and large, right.

However, you're not talking about what McCarthy actually said or did, you're talking about what the media claims he said or did.

Which seems... entirely appropriate for this thread.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Obama was covered pretty extensively. The right wing sites and blogs made up the most unimaginable things. Trump only recently agreed Obama was born in the US.

Possibly it is because Trump is doing really crazy things at a very fast pace?

The country is divided. He lost the popular vote. He has brought some real looney toons into his inner circle. He put Bannon on the Security Council and some are not even sure he knew he did it.

The people he chooses, for the most part, hate the agencies they are to lead. Instead of draining the swamp, he created one 10 stories high.

OF COURSEhe is not left alone for every move, but I have not yet seen anyone cover his using the restroom. I hope to not see that.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

This is not new though. The media behaved in the exact same way during the Bush years. They are definitely more insane this time around.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

Don't Forget about Goldwater

Left smear tactic, everytime
Psychiatrist- unfit using every label
KKK
Hitler
Nukes
Foreign leaders

50 years and they still use the same tactics.

Noticeable the similarity, Liberal Republicans went against their nominee that year too. Romney repeating what his dad did.
edit on 7-2-2017 by jellyrev because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join