It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Trump Sending ATF Troops to Chicago to Curb Violence

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Isn't Chicago supposed to be gun free, or something? 20 ATF agents added in Chicago? Sounds good. I wonder how many are there now.

I wonder too, if Chicago is still running that underground/black ops prison!

I think all U.S. black ops for the America's has moved out of the U.S. to somewhere in South America. Not 100% sure .... it is hearsay because someone in the know told me. I have no proof. It moved back in the Obama days....2010????

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Waste of resources...

Law 'enforcement' ain't the problem. Instead of helping people attain life skills through rehabilitation centers/halfway houses, criminals will never learn a new way to live outside of penal institutions.

Put that tremendous purse of city resources to use and teach offenders life skills, do something to break the cycle.
It's a fiduciary responsibility to city 'leaders', to do so?

edit on (2/7/1717 by loveguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Some time ago I googled homicides in Chicago and it's not the worst in the country. The reason it has the first or second highest homicides in the country is because it's so populated.

This is hte source of the spreadsheet, concern 2013-2014 fbi crime statistics per large USA cities:
chicago.cbslocal.com - FBI’s Violent Crime Statistics For Every City In America...

The spreadsheet--for 2013-14:
chicago.cbslocal.com - Violent Crime Statistics For Every City In America...

What you see is Chicago does indeed have the highest number of homicides, BUT that's because its high population distorts the end result. What you wnat to look at is murders per 100,000 people.

EDIT: I couldn't find District of Columbia on the spreadsheet. I googled elsewhere and the violent crimes per 100,000 for 2013-14 is about 1296-1242. That makes it somewhat comparable to Indianapolis, IN.

Eyeballing the spreadsheet, it looks like violent crime per 100,000 maybe fits a bell curve, when paired with city size? The more extremely high, the smaller the city. The more extremely low, the smaller the city? Maybe there're some odd ones here and there to throw it off, but...

If Trump is concerned about violent crime in large cities, he could just as well send federal reinforcement to Houston (TX), Philadelphia (PA), Las Vegas Metropolitan (NV) or Indianapolis (IN). I might even argue New York (NY), since its population is 8 million and I'm not sure if such a large population should have a violent crime rate that high--being 596.7.

Should we expect violent crime to go down if it's a larger city? Maybe, maybe not. If we can establish a link between the two, we might be able to estimate where it should be. I personally would like to graph the data in the spreadsheet.

On the lower end of violent crimes per 100,00, one of the "odd ones" is Irvine, CA, at 49.39. Maybe Cary, NC at 63.23. Gilbert, AZ, at 88.77. Fremont, CA, at 124.79. Virginia Beach, VA, at 146.31. San Jose, CA, at 321.09. Trump's team should look at these cities and figure out why their violent crime rates per 100,000 are so low versus other cities with similar rates.

An additional observation is hte vast majority of cities have lower violent crime rates. When it enters the hundreds and thousands each time the number is cut. So the number of cities with a rate over 1,000 is a handful.
edit on 2/7/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Chicago actually has a gang "infrastructure". Politicians have let this city turn into one Big Sewer of degenerates and criminality.

Who the hell has been in charge of this city in the last few decades????!!!!....oh, that's right.

Mind-boggling list of Chicago gangs

The spike in gangland violence may well be a direct result of vigorous anti-gang policing in Chicago for the past couple of decades, resulting in the current chaos and disarray of the criminal power structure.

You can choose to imagine that somehow having Democrat leaders is the cause, but one would think some kind of policy might be the problem if that was the case. What would Republican leaders have done to eliminate the black market and consolidate gang power?

The people wanted enforcement and got it. Look where it got us. I don't think decapitating gangs (figuratively) and boosting the black market through vigorous enforcement of silly drug laws is helping. Or maybe its just "because Democrats."

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Isn't Chicago supposed to be gun free, or something? 20 ATF agents added in Chicago? Sounds good. I wonder how many are there now.

I wonder too, if Chicago is still running that underground/black ops prison!

No, Chicago is not gun-free (legally or otherwise.) Concealed carry (with easy to obtain permit) is completely legal in Chicago.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Well, what this really needs in Chicago, is Blues Music brought back again, 2 white dudes with hats and sunglasses, an old Mount Prospect Cop Dodge Pursuit, with Cop Brakes, Cop shocks and a 440 cubic inch Cop engine, that runs great on Regular Gas And go on a Mission from God!!
That will clean up the city....or wreck it......
edit on 8-2-2017 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   
No gang with the word "Warlords" in their name made the list. Really sad.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Come on, stupid comments are making me star Neo!

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
If this happened under Obama, "Martial Law!" would be in the title.

just sayin.

Right cause 20 Federal Agents just scream MARTIAL LAW!!!!

No kidding, right? Last time I checked, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives wasn't a military branch, thus can't suspend the executive, judicial and congressional branches of government and replace them with the military. Therefore, the comment is utterly retarded.

And I doubt 20 agents is going to amount to much other than fact-gathering for the time being. Maybe a year or two down the road, something may be drawn up, but 20 people ain't gonna do it right now.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Civil war in the U.S is looking like is on the cards more and more as the days go by.

Hopefully cooler heads prevail and this does not turn in to some form of Martial Law because that's where it will begin.

Get well soon America, and good luck, because that medicine that Trumps providing simply does not do what it says on the tin.

edit on 8-2-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

I kind'a wonder why Trump doesn't Tweet 0bama and ask him to go fix the problems in Chi-town.

He's fully retired now. Nothing but time on his hands.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

No, Chicago is not gun-free (legally or otherwise.) Concealed carry (with easy to obtain permit) is completely legal in Chicago.

Yup. It saved the city.

I think it's time for the anti-gunners to admit gun control doesn't work, and armed citizens are the answer to crime.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 2/11/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

I kind'a wonder why Trump doesn't Tweet 0bama and ask him to go fix the problems in Chi-town.

He's fully retired now. Nothing but time on his hands.

That's a good idea! Especially since the OBAMA Presidential Library is being built in a location where "getting there" will be dangerous.. unless you come in by boat.

Ref: heyjackass.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join