It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right/ Left Propaganda, Fake News, Trump & Islam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The 2016 election has certainly shed some light on all sorts of national issues and has made people draw a line in the sand. Most people who voted tend to stop caring after a presidential election and go on with their lives. But this time both sides are still as heated up as before the election. Obviously, liberals more so.

I call it propaganda because it is pushing an ideology, but it doesn't necessarily mean that propaganda is nefarious. Everyone has the right to express their own opinions, when people of common ideologies group together and actively seek to convince others of their commonly held beliefs, I don't think that's a bad thing. However, how you go about convincing others of your position is where the problem lies.

Inciting fear, hatred, suspicion or lying for 'the greater good' of your ideology is where propaganda gets its negative connotation. I always read on ATS about how BOTH the republicans and democrats use false propoganda to win elections and for the most appart I would agree. However, I have payed a lot of attention to last year's election, and it was nothing like before.

On one hand you had Hillary Clinton, old school by the books bureaucrat, who no doubt used the same old political play book democrats and republicans always use. Basically, put misleading information out about the other side, shine light on a story no one would care about if it wasn't election season or lie, but not so much that people can call you on it. You know, normal political sh*t. That last one is the important one, It's when politicians lie about things that can't be 100% disproven.

On the other hand you have Donald Trump, America's id. He didn't do any of the things a presidential candidate is suppose to do. It was literally a textbook presidential campaign versus Donald Trump winging it, and he won! He gave voice to a movement, what he calls "the forgotten men and women", and that movement pushed some pretty intense propaganda.

Far-left and far-right propaganda have both spewed countless non-sense stories on the Internet. What is only now,for some odd reason, being called fake news. However, these fake political stories are all written as click bait like all the celebrity adds, so the writers get add revenu. And the free market of the internet has spoken, conservatives who consider themselves far-right click on these fake stories more than anyone else. Which is why way more right wing propaganda stories about Hillary murdering people were written on the Internet than Donald murdering people. Democrats are harder to catch with fake stories online. This is probably going to offend some people but the fake news stories have to be more plausible for a democrat to click on it, but the more plausible it is the less sensational it is and the less Internet traffic there is. It was therefor in the authors economic interests to write pro-conservative stories, not that there isn't a market for fake liberal news, it's just much smaller.

My point is left and right propaganda are no longer analogous. There are people on both spectrums that believe in nonsense without proof or evidence, just their gut feeling. But it has turned quite mainstream in the republican party. The only fake liberal propaganda that I can think of is that idiotic movement in liberal communities where parents don't vaccinate their children and then there are outbreaks of measles and mumps. Whoever started that sh*t is a horrible liar. But on the flip side, there are countless fake propaganda stories that conservatives believe. Obama was the president for 8 years, thought he was suppose to start a Muslim caliphate, what happened to that. He's not even the President anymore and people still believe he wasn't born in Hawaii. Trump has doubled down on countless lies and people believe him because they support him. That or no one cares about the truth anymore. Trump has his normal political lies like I'll bring back the coal industry and factory jobs to America(you know lies that can't be 100% disproven). Those don't bother me. It's the little lies that are about the stupidest things that can be fact checked with a quick google search and his response is always "google search is biased, fake news, google prepare to go to war". I'm poking fun, but it's usually along those lines.

The biggest right wing propaganda I have seen, or maybe ISIS has an IT department, is the irrational fear of Islam. ISIS are by definition terrorists, their goal is to cause fear and terror in their enemy and here these right wing websites are doing it for them. You should fear Americans far more than you fear terrorists, ODDS are you'll be killed by an American toddler before a Islamic terrorists ever gets you. Making Muslims the enemy only helps the enemy. Hell, calling ISIS muslims helps the enemy. But I don't wanna get all PC, call them whatever you want. My point is America was founded on religious freedoms, alienating a religious group of Americans is antithesis to what America is. Seems to me republicans were the party that defended religious freedoms in the past, what happened?
Never thought I would quote Bush but this was well said:

I also want to speak tonight directly to Muslims throughout the world. We respect your faith. It's practiced freely by many millions of Americans and by millions more in countries that America counts as friends. It's teachings are good and peaceful,and those who commit evil in the name of Allah blaspheme the name of Allah. The terrorists are traitors to their own faith,trying,in effect,to hijack Islam itself. The enemy of America is not our many Muslim friends. It is not our many Arab friends. Our enemy is a radical network of terrorists and every government that supports them.

Side note: President Trump just released a number of "under-reported terror attacks that the dishonest press doesn't want to report". I suppose as proof that there are Muslim terrorists around every corner waiting to pounce? So what does the dishonest press do, they report the white house briefing with a disclaimer that there are errors in the list, show you the list, then show you the news reports about the attacks. I don't even understand what's going on anymore, he just cherry picked Muslim attackers over the last 78 terrorist attacks. Didn't mention the most recent one in Quebec because it was an attack on Muslims not by Muslims, and so for that, as a Québécois and on behalf of the province of Quebec: Go Frack Yourself Mr.President. Fox News also falsely reported the attacker as Moroccan, and only apologized and corrected themselves after the Canadian government told them to get their facts straight and stop lying.
Link to article: www.theguardian.com...

I dunno, maybe all this Islamic refugee thing is just to scare and distract people while something else happens in the background. Anyway, I would like you guys to name some left or right wing propaganda that is false(or in your opinion is false) that you think people believe in...
edit on 7-2-2017 by GokuVsSuperman0 because: Title

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I call it propaganda because it is pushing an ideology, but it doesn't necessarily mean that propaganda is nefarious.

Propaganda by nature is designed to do one thing. Hurt the other side.

So yeah it's nefarious.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

edit on 7-2-2017 by neo96 because: Double post.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96
Propaganda, definition: information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view

Not necessarily nefarious.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The EU intelligence criminal apparatus uses some MKULTRA techniques to confuse your mind, such that you don't know which side is the left and which side of you is the right. This is a neurological weapon that can seriously affect your driving when someone tells which direction to go.

new topics

top topics

join