It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is a Racist.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

No, race is race, ethnicity is ethnicity. Sorry you can't comprehend definitions.

The only reason the people are denying this is because they have prejudiced views against specific nationalities.

Your own source says that race includes national origin.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Look at your mental gymnastics. You going for a gold medal? The majority of laws define race based on biological traits. That is what you asked, and that is what I answered. I really am sorry this is so hard for you.
edit on 9-2-2017 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Look at your mental gymnastics. You going for a gold medal? The majority of laws define race based on biological traits. That is what you asked, and that is what I answered. I really am sorry this is so hard for you.

YOUR OWN SOURCE SAYS RACE INCLUDES NATIONAL ORIGIN.

Why then are you not acknowledging this.

Cognitive dissonance much?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Race and national origin are 2 different things. The Kurds in Iraq agree with me. So do the Kurds in Turkey.

Maybe before the 2 World Wars redrew the worlds borders you could find "race" and national origin being along the same lines. But even then, I suspect that the Han and Maio both grasp this.

Here, don't take my word for it:

www.legalmatch.com...

Although national origin and race sound the same, the law treats the two separately. Race refers to a person’s physical characteristics, most typically skin color. National origin, on the other hand, refers to where a person was from, or where that person’s ancestors were from.

Maybe using British law as your guide, you're correct. But then, in British law you can be jailed for insulting someone. So there's that.
edit on 2/9/2017 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Incorrect, you are taking one snippet of the entire link and latching onto it. You do realize national origin has a lot to do with race correct? The only one showing cognitive dissonance here is you. You don't even know the difference between racism and bigotry.

Someone can be a bigot without being racist, It's pretty hard to be racist without also being a bigot.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Race and national origin are 2 different things. The Kurds in Iraq agree with me. So do the Kurds in Turkey

Yes because they do not identify as as Iraqi or Turkish but Kurds.

Its like me under Race i don't identify as white-British I identify as white-Scottish that is my race it includes my national origin.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Race and national origin are 2 different things. The Kurds in Iraq agree with me. So do the Kurds in Turkey

Yes because they do not identify as as Iraqi or Turkish but Kurds.

Its like me under Race i don't identify as white-British I identify as white-Scottish that is my race it includes my national origin.

How you perceive yourself isn't part of the equation. That is some Malibu's Most Wanted stuff right there. LOL

I posted a link to some legalese for you. Since the overwhelming preponderance of disagreement from your fellow ATSers doesn't seem to sway you.

ETA: for the purpose of race, you are "caucasian". Yes, its a ridiculous classification system. We know much of what drove it to be false....although for me, my family does hail from the caucuses.
Nonetheless, its now just a political tool. My wife, a beautiful brown latina, is classified as "Caucasian" on federal forms. Especially were she part of our crime stats.
edit on 2/9/2017 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

So if you disagree then give me the legal definition of race?

show me a link and show me the legal definition of race, if i am so wrong please show me it.

EDIT

Just saw the edit you made above i would counter with this

Since the social unrest of the 1960s, the federal government has been actively involved in preventing racial discrimination in the workplace. The most important law covering racial discrimination on the job is the Civil Rights Act of 1964—specifically, Title VII of that act: it strictly prohibits all forms of discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, or national origin in all aspects of employment

definitions.uslegal.com...

So lets even separate race and national origin.

What Trump is still doing is discrimination that is pretty much treated the same as racial discrimination.

If i refused you a job because you were American would you not call me "racist"??

edit on 9-2-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-2-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

I posted this above in an edit:

www.legalmatch.com...

Although national origin and race sound the same, the law treats the two separately. Race refers to a person’s physical characteristics, most typically skin color. National origin, on the other hand, refers to where a person was from, or where that person’s ancestors were from.

But if you'd rather see something from our horses mouth:

In forbidding “national origin” discrimination, Title VII prohibits the denial of equal employment opportunity because of the place of origin of an individual or his or her ancestors, or because an individual has the physical, cultural, or linguistic characteristics of a national origin group. National origin and race often overlap because persons who themselves are, or whose ancestors were, of the same national origin frequently are of the same race.(30) The overlap between race and national origin is particularly clear in the case of Asian Americans.(31) For a thorough discussion of national origin discrimination, see Section 13: National Origin Discrimination (2002), available at www.eeoc.gov... and see Guidelines on Discrimination Because of National Origin, at 29 C.F.R. § 1606.1.

www.eeoc.gov...

For what its worth, one of my job duties is HR Director. While race and national origin may be related in US law as a protected class, they are not the same.

More importantly, however, is the logical tests that can be applied to your assertions. In South Africa you have 2 races going at it, both from the same nation.

You wanted to call Trump a racist, and tried really hard to make the connection. But it isn't there. At least, not using the logic being provided.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

No, i would not call you a racist. I'd assume you were bigoted, but its not much of a distinction.

Even more, i'd call you a fool. I know what I am capable of, and anyone passing me over for a job is making a mistake. My current employer would likely support this.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I am actually finding this quite interesting.

So do you then mean to say you have one law that says you cannot discriminate on the grounds of race (to mean physical racial characteristics), nationality, sexuality, gender and religion?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Prejudice is not racism......

Prejudice is prejudice ....

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

White-Scottish? That's how you identify?

That has to be the single most convoluted thing I have ever heard....

So then i

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

White-Scottish? That's how you identify?

That has to be the single most convoluted thing I have ever heard....

So then i

How is it any more convoluted than "African-American" or "white-British"

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

I have a friend from South Africa whose white that immigrated here....which technically would be accurate for him

One of the stupidest fights I almost got into was when we were drinking at a bar and he proclaimed himself finally a real African American ....

Much to the anger of a few black men that were in the bar, who had never even been to Africa....

This is the depths of stupidity that has affected the US concerning race

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I am actually finding this quite interesting.

So do you then mean to say you have one law that says you cannot discriminate on the grounds of race (to mean physical racial characteristics), nationality, sexuality, gender and religion?

We have the Equal Employment Opportunity laws. And we have Title VII

I can treat you in a racial manner. Unless im doing so officially, then its illegal.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Voyaging

That is a species.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Why don't you take Morgan Freeman's advice and just shut up about race already??!?

Seriously, you're human, I'm human, we are part of the HUMAN RACE.

But for you and people like you, it's never going to be good enough because you have a chip on your shoulder and want to see others treated unfairly the same way you believe your ancestors were.

So tell me friend, where do you draw the line?? Because white people are the MINORITY on planet Earth, and no one has a monopoly on being treated unfairly. Every single group of people has been persecuted, subjugated or genocided at one point or another.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Cultural Superiority cannot Equate as Ethnic Racism especially when a certain way of Life attributed to any Society of Mixed Racial Types is in itself not Racist towards those who are Not part of it , as in the Case of the United States of America .

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I'm a huge fan of Jane Elliot. But she's wrong.

If someone said there's only one breed, the dog breed...
They would be wrong.

However when you listen to everything she says you realise that she does understand that differences should be celebrated and not tolerated.

Jane's teachings can't be done in 5 minutes. She understands the layers far more than the "progressives" of today and it doesn't apply to a Trump conversation.

Using her to progress your agenda makes everyone worse off.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join