It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is a Racist.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: MisterSpock

Jokes aside, this is a fun thread. But I think you need to call for backup from the head office, it's getting rough in here.

I did but they are short staffed trying to get persuade people on twitter that travel bans are bad.

So am holding the fort on my own just now until the guys on Facebook finish with some more funny orange trump memes

Well, for your sake, I hope they are coming. I'd certainly be positive about that and keep thinking it.

Sadly, I think you are written off as collateral damage. The complete lack of the "usual suspects" and little to no signs of support for your posts(stars) shows that they may have abandoned you on this one. You might have strayed a little too far off the reservation.

If I were you, I'd pop some smoke and start making your way back to the lz.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Ethnicity
A ethnic group or ethnicity is a group that identify with each other on the basis of nationality or cultural traditions

Race
groups of people with shared genetics that come from certain regions of the world, whether or not they have moved from one place to another.

Nationally
being from a certain nation in which the person is a legal citizen.

Culture
knowledge, belief, art, morals, law, customs or practice of any behavior common to a group of people.

edit on 7-2-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

link   
so, if the person doesn`t fit the word you just change the definition of the word to make it fit the person?

so much garbage on ATS now,
I`m not even going to click on any of these I hate trump threads anymore, the pathetic attempts to grasp any straw to try to make trump look bad ,has gotten to the point of not even being worthy of being posted on before it`s news.

+7 more 
link   

Just to clear up any confusion...

Race: the classification of humans into groups based on physical traits, ancestry, genetics or social relations, or the relations between them.

Racist: Someone who wins an argument with a liberal.

Despite your attempt to articulate otherwise, Trump is not a racist and this is mainly because he has never been referred to as such until he ran for POTUS, then liberals rolled out their old chestnut - "he's racist". If he was a racist he would hate all non-whites and he doesn't - simple.

No - those that call him racist are indeed the actual racists, by virtue of their obsession to continuously label him a racist - simple.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I am curious then

How do you guys define race?

To me it's ultimately Tribalism, which everybody is a Tribalist, therefore for anybody to harp about other people being Tribalist is just plain Pure Hypocrisy (hint hint). Therefore your thread has about as much point in my eyes as would a thread from a sports fan labeling people from Indiana "Hoosiers".

The thread is yet another attempt to make people feel guilty about their position. It won't work. It HASN'T worked for some time now. Sure, the left had much success with it for many years, but now with Trump being elected I think it's the first nail in the coffin of this identity politics garbage.

Thank God!

link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

Jokes aside, this is a fun thread. But I think you need to call for backup from the head office, it's getting rough in here.

I did but they are short staffed trying to get persuade people on twitter that travel bans are bad.

So am holding the fort on my own just now until the guys on Facebook finish with some more funny orange trump memes

Well, for your sake, I hope they are coming. I'd certainly be positive about that and keep thinking it.

Sadly, I think you are written off as collateral damage. The complete lack of the "usual suspects" and little to no signs of support for your posts(stars) shows that they may have abandoned you on this one. You might have strayed a little too far off the reservation.

Na I appreciate what you are saying but I honesty do not post for stars and flags, I post to generate discussion which is what is happening.

Its about challenging their views.

link   

a reply to: eriktheawful

You do not get to redefine a word.

Ok then I won't.

Race as defined by the OMB

a social definition of race recognized in this country and not an attempt to define race biologically, anthropologically, or genetically. In addition, it is recognized that the categories of the race item include racial and national origin or sociocultural groups

So race can include the national origins of a individual ie, Mexican.

No redlining required

Also your math analogy does not work.

Language is fluid and ever changing, most of us would not be able to fully understand anything written in English 200-300 years ago maths however is a constant.

Key example being the word gay, now mostly used to describe a homosexual yet years ago was synonym for happy.

2+2 however will always be 4

So you have been googling to find one example that supports your BS and that is qouted out of context.

The U.S. Census Bureau collects race data in accordance with guidelines provided by the U.S. Office of Management and Budget (OMB), and these data are based on self-identification.

The racial categories included in the census questionnaire generally reflect a social definition of race recognized in this country and not an attempt to define race biologically, anthropologically, or genetically. In addition, it is recognized that the categories of the race item include racial and national origin or sociocultural groups.

People may choose to report more than one race to indicate their racial mixture, such as "American Indian" and "White." People who identify their origin as Hispanic, Latino, or Spanish may be of any race.

The only reason that you find this supposed definition is because the census buro wants to get a clearer picture of the make up of the people.

It is used in that context, and that's why you found it there.

It doesn't even say that the definition of race includes these things, it says, "the catagories of the race item(on their questionnaire!!!!) include bla bla".

www.census.gov...

Get out of here with your BS.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

That is really interesting because lots of people, in particularly academics who look at this tend to use the words race and ethnicity interchangeably.

Surly discriminating against someone because of their ethnicity is just as bad as discriminating on the colour of their skin if we use your definitions is it not???

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I regard my race as white-Scottish actually but whatever.

Got It?

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

Na I appreciate what you are saying but I honesty do not post for stars and flags, I post to generate discussion which is what is happening.

I didn't say you did it for the stars or flags, just making an observation on the lack of them as a indication that you're pretty much going this one alone.

As for discussion, and challenging views. I hate to break it to you, but when it comes to politics, there aren't really discussions, they are more like sermons.

Political discussions are 1 part fact, 9 parts emotion. Hence, it is not possible to have a logical discussion when the topic is politics.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I regard my race as white-Scottish actually but whatever.

Got It?

Its really unfortunate that there is this feeling that if you a white you are racist.

I am not saying that.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Yet that's the attitude of the sorts of "thinkers" you surely follow.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

My view is that if you don't make the Democratic Party's 'cause of the day' your number one priority...you will be called a 'racist,' 'sexist,' 'bigot,' 'xenophobe,' etc. If you refuse to be shamed into getting on board with Democrats, and refuse to allow them to successfully exploit feelings of social injustice, then Democrats will just change definitions or cherry pick some other BS-nothing to try to win their argument -- and the feelings of those being exploited, along with the damage it wreaks, doesn't matter to them, at all.

You didn't challenge my view...you confirmed it.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

well that's to bad they and you don't understand that you can change your cultural ethnicity, but not your genetic ethnicity, unless they have come up with a way to change DNA right this minute.

edit on 7-2-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Agreed...

This thread and this thought process, which is become more prevalent with the militant wing of the left, is exactly why people like Milo are getting so popular

This sort of diatribe the OP is displaying is not helping the country at all. It is creating less of a divide and more of a gaping maw of a chasm....

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
It's actually threads and thoughts like the one portrayed in the op that got trump elected
The us vs them mentality that caused people to say enough.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
OP =

Dikshonerries r stoopid.

Rcist meens what the gubment tels meh.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

It appears that some want to keep the word "racist" as a cudgel for their opponents, but do not care about the implications of that word nor it's meaning. Calling others racist without restraint, and constantly thinking about race this, race that, is the sure sign of a racist.

The aversive racism of leftists has now overtaken the insidiousness of the overt racism, that they have to bring up race at every moment in order to not only disguise their racism, but to project it on others.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
FDR was a racist.
He put Japanese people in concentration camps.

Yet he is regarded as a hero by the left.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Race is about a sheared identity based around a common culture, language, history, religion, geography and so on.

lmao! You clearly just make this sh#t up as you go along, don't you?

I will say that your definition of race just "sheared" the English language though.

Or in the immortal words of Ronald Reagan:

"There you go again..."

But please, carry on. It's pure entertainment watching people like you just implode.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join