It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is a Racist.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Under the OP's definition of racism he is racist for calling Trump a racist.

How?

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: eriktheawful

You do not get to redefine a word.

Ok then won't.

Race as defined by the OMB

a social definition of race recognized in this country and not an attempt to define race biologically, anthropologically, or genetically. In addition, it is recognized that the categories of the race item include racial and national origin or sociocultural groups

So race can include the national origins of a individual ie, Mexican.

No redlining required

You are being quite obtuse.

National origin = nationality.
Race = Ethnicity (typically).

Hence "Black American" "White American" and so on.

You should take this reasoning to the Democratic Republic of the Congo, they have about 70 different ethnic groups. By your logic they are all of the totally fictional "Congolese" race.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

IM RACIST, YOUR RACIST, 'HE' 'SHE' 'THEY' 'Z' ARE RACIST!

The word has 0 meaning now

Absolutely ZERO meaning!

Broadening the meaning dilutes the word even further!

"A racial group means a group of persons defined by reference to race, colour, nationality (including citizenship) or ethnic or national origins."

So everyone then?

OH WAIT im WHITE and MALE... i dont fit in this category

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

a reply to: eriktheawful

You do not get to redefine a word.

Ok then won't.

Race as defined by the OMB

a social definition of race recognized in this country and not an attempt to define race biologically, anthropologically, or genetically. In addition, it is recognized that the categories of the race item include racial and national origin or sociocultural groups

So race can include the national origins of a individual ie, Mexican.

No redlining required

so please, give me a single example of an anti-American being called a racist. OR how about criticizing Saudi Arabia? Can you show me one single example of critics of that country being labeled racist. Thanks!

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

How?

You are British, which makes you of the "British" Race, You are saying negative things about Trump, who is of the "American" race. Hence you are making racist comments about a member of this fictional race.

Do you see the lunacy you have created using this definition yet?

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Okay, so, now that you've redefined racism to mean a country, do you have any actual examples of Trump making racist comments, as per your new, and ridiculous, definition?

This video is Trump making racist comments.

How is it racist? He was talking about a certain segment, of another segment of people "illegal immigrants". At no time was he ever talking about an entire group of people. You need to turn off the media. They've brainwashed so many of you poor souls.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Obama and Michael are even more racist.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

How?

You are British, which makes you of the "British" Race, You are saying negative things about Trump, who is of the "American" race. Hence you are making racist comments about a member of this fictional race.

Do you see the lunacy you have created using this definition yet?

I regard my race as white-Scottish actually but whatever.

Anyway if i were saying that Trump was a racist because all Americans are racist then yes it would be a fair shout however I think Trump is a Racist because he is ignorant not because he is American so I dont think calling me racist really works.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

What racist comments? I cant view the video right now, but if I recall it isn't.
edit on 7-2-2017 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

if you want to be wilfully ignorant of what i was saying and twist my words, and not see that i used the video as a example of a white person imitating, black people or,hispainic people, or white people acting like middle eastern people, or white south africans as how ignorant the the OP's race definition is that's on you.

i guess for the intellectually challenged i should have said some black, hispanic, and middle eastern people. that was my bad.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I am curious then

How do you guys define race?

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I would also add that I hate how many on this site seem to try to legitimise Trumps, and heir own racial (and lets face it religious) ignorance by pretending they are not being racist because of the negative connotations that go with it. They hide behind their keyboards with this cowardly notion that if they simply dictate was is and is not a race that they can avoid the social stigma that goes with being a racist.

I think it's cowardly to point fingers at others and label them 'racist' based on some seriously distorted logic, flimsy evidence, guilt by association, etc...and never once own up to your own intolerance and prejudices.

Eight years of this and you have nothing to show for it. How has it helped the cause of eradicating racism?

It hasn't. In fact, it's hurt the cause and made race-relations worse.

What you are doing is EXPLOITING entire 'groups' of people to try to score partisan political points. Exploitation is the worst kind of supremacism, IMO.

Even if people accepted your *new & improved* definition of racism, all you have done, here, is exploit others for political reasons. There's nothing sincere about your concern and I can see that plainly.

Maybe you should spend more time worrying about your own intolerant penchant for exploiting feelings of racial injustice.

Seriously awful OP.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

You still haven't picked up on the following part of the post I see.

edit on 02228America/ChicagoTue, 07 Feb 2017 09:02:03 -0600000000p2842 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I am curious then

I don't always quote definitions, but when I do, I use the dictionary.

Jokes aside, this is a fun thread. But I think you need to call for backup from the head office, it's getting rough in here.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Many Trump supporters seem to think about race as being just about the colour of skin, but our modern understanding of race is that it is much more than just about skin. Race is about a sheared identity based around a common culture, language, history, religion, geography and so on. The problem with defining something like race comes down to the subjectivity of our language, race to me might very well mean something different to another. Just like how gender and sexual identity can be somewhat subjective.

So, if at first Trump isn't a racist, redefine the word again and again until he is?

That's exactly what the violent rioters are doing. They're redefining words until they can call Trump supporters "fascist", "nazis", etc. then it's justified to use violence against them because who doesn't want to punch a nazi?

Google just redefined the word fascism yesterday.

It used to be " “a political philosophy, movement, or regime (as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition.” and “a tendency toward or actual exercise of strong autocratic or dictatorial control.”

It's now "an authoritarian and nationalistic right-wing system of government and social organization."

source:
dailycaller.com...

1984 man! Scary stuff. It'd say what you're doing is more like the old definition of fascism -- you're changing the definitions of words so that you can justify "forcible suppression of opposition." But since the word fascism was redefined.. you're not a fascist anymore lol.

edit on 2/7/17 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/7/17 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

I am curious then

To me it's ultimately Tribalism, which everybody is a Tribalist, therefore for anybody to harp about other people being Tribalist is just plain Pure Hypocrisy (hint hint). Therefore your thread has about as much point in my eyes as would a thread from a sports fan labeling people from Indiana "Hoosiers".

edit on 7-2-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Jokes aside, this is a fun thread. But I think you need to call for backup from the head office, it's getting rough in here.

I did but they are short staffed trying to get persuade people on twitter that travel bans are bad.

So am holding the fort on my own just now until the guys on Facebook finish with some more funny orange trump memes

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   
If Trump is a racist then so am I. Whatcha going to do about it?

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

So am holding the fort on my own just now until the guys on Facebook finish with some more funny orange trump memes

Insulting people for their skin color = racist.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
If Trump is a racist then so am I. Whatcha going to do about it?

Not a thing but thank you for accepting that you might be racist.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join