It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is a Racist.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
So what you're saying is : If someone doesn't fit the definition of racist, change the definition to make it fit?

I have not changed any definition, I am only using a more mature definition, legally race is defined by the laws of the land so at the very least in regards to UK law (which he is not subject to) Trump is making racist remarks.

Its interesting that mostly due to first amendment rights such definitive legal definitions are hard to come by however the OMB is the one that is cited most often when requiring a definition of race in the American context also if you look at the academics of this most agree that race is not as simple as traditional views would make it seem.

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
This is the stupidest thread OP i have ever read.

If you are redefining "nationality" to mean "race", then you wil obviously have all sorts of unconventional conclusions.

You can't redefine racism to meet your whims. It doesn't work when someone is asserting that white people can't be treated in a racist manner, and it doesn't work here.

You only think it is stupid because you do not like the definitions as set out legally.

Using a dictionary to define race is utterly ignorant the truth is that its much more complex and most definitions state that it includes national origin. So when Trump calls Mexians rapists he is being racist.

Language is derived from the daily use of a common vernacular. Its a "consensus reality" deal. If 300mil American's agree that "race" is defined in one way, then the lone fella waving his hands and making up his own definitions seems wholly irrelevant.

Seriously. Its a terrible OP. Im not attacking you...but your ideas here are just...ridiculous and absurd.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
So how can a guy by his critics own admissions about the color of his skin(Orange) be racist ?

Trump doesn't like being 'white'.

Ip so facto the orange guy with bad hair can't be racist.

What more proof does one need than his spray on tan?
edit on 7-2-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I have not changed any definition, I am only using a more mature definition

In other words.....you're changing the definition.

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Trump is racist against terrorists.

o_0

Terrorrace?

Is it like with cars or do we put chairs on it?

+2 more 
link   
Really?
I don't really care what you think of trump
I know plenty of people who are racists and don't even know it
I don't think being racists is that bad a thing, providing you don't go all hitler on people

Just another chance for the " I am better than you " crowd to act all smug and self righteous

It's just a label people use against others to make themselves feel better about themselves, I see Christians act that way all the time

Racist or not, at least he ain't hillary, she definetly was and nobody cared

+13 more 
link   

Using a dictionary to define race is utterly ignorant

Read this and really think about what you just said.

"Using a dictionary to define a word is utterly ignorant".

Really. Think about that statement, let it sink in and process.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
So what you're saying is : If someone doesn't fit the definition of racist, change the definition to make it fit?

I have not changed any definition, I am only using a more mature definition, legally race is defined by the laws of the land so at the very least in regards to UK law (which he is not subject to) Trump is making racist remarks.

Its interesting that mostly due to first amendment rights such definitive legal definitions are hard to come by however the OMB is the one that is cited most often when requiring a definition of race in the American context also if you look at the academics of this most agree that race is not as simple as traditional views would make it seem.

I take it you also don't think it's possible for a minority to be racist towards whites? This is a common belief among the SJW, alt-left. For example:

link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Language is derived from the daily use of a common vernacular. Its a "consensus reality" deal. If 300mil American's agree that "race" is defined in one way, then the lone fella waving his hands and making up his own definitions seems wholly irrelevant.

HA!

Good luck with that in a court of law....

Judge: "So Sir you didin't give Abdul a job because he was Iraqi looks like you might be being a tad racist"

Defendant "ahhh but the dictionary says...."

Judge "Yeah the dictionary might say that but the law says that discrimination on the grounds of nationality is still racism.... you lose".

link   

Seriously. Its a terrible OP. Im not attacking you...but your ideas here are just...ridiculous and absurd.

Agreed, so why don't you trash a thread like this for once, the guy is obviously trolling and making stuff up.

link   
Okay, so, now that you've redefined racism to mean a country, do you have any actual examples of Trump making racist comments, as per your new, and ridiculous, definition?

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

I heard you out, read the OP and I still don't agree.

Not falling for that again.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

I take it you also don't think it's possible for a minority to be racist towards whites? This is a common belief among the SJW, alt-left. For example:

Not once have I claimed that whites are also not victims of racism.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: AttentionGrabber

This isn't my forum, and i've posted. Feel free to alert any post you believe needs a look into.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Not once have I claimed that whites are also not victims of racism.

Well at least you havent gone full retard.....Yet....

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

HA!

Good luck with that in a court of law....

Judge: "So Sir you didin't give Abdul a job because he was Iraqi looks like you might be being a tad racist"

Defendant "ahhh but the dictionary says...."

Judge "Yeah the dictionary might say that but the law says that discrimination on the grounds of nationality is still racism.... you lose".

So the only way to make this absurdity work is to pretend that ATS is a court of law?

link   

your definitions are the most ignorant ones that have ever been published.

race is done on the basis of various sets of physical characteristics and gentics, ethnicity is done on nationally and culture.

link   

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

so your saying white people that dress and act like black people are in fact black people?

And how do Black People dress and act?

GO ONNNNNN

or go around with their top button buttoned calling everyone hom's and esa are hispanic?

uhm. I see a trend here

edit on 36228America/ChicagoTue, 07 Feb 2017 08:36:12 -0600000000p2842 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join