It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is a Racist.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Now before you start reaching for your pitch forks and lighting your flames please hear me out.

I have noticed recently that quite a lot of people who chose to deny that Trump is a racist only do so because they have a pitiful understanding of what race actually is. There seem to be this annoying propensity for members to say things like “Iraqi isn’t a race” for example and then go run off to the nearest dictionary with a simplistic definition of race. Notwithstanding the absurdity of these same people having to google “definition of race” by doing so they are instantly falling into the trap of thinking of race as being something simple. Yet at the same time being arrogant enough to assume that everyone else, like them it would seem, needs a dictionary to understand what race is.

Many Trump supporters seem to think about race as being just about the colour of skin, but our modern understanding of race is that it is much more than just about skin. Race is about a sheared identity based around a common culture, language, history, religion, geography and so on. The problem with defining something like race comes down to the subjectivity of our language, race to me might very well mean something different to another. Just like how gender and sexual identity can be somewhat subjective.

Do to the somewhat subjective nature of race then a definition has to be used that all can agree upon and those definitions can be found within the law of the land. So for example as a British citizen the definition of race that is applicable to me would be as follows.

"A racial group means a group of persons defined by reference to race, colour, nationality (including citizenship) or ethnic or national origins." The definition is wide and victims may come within the definition under more than one of the references. Gypsies and some travellers, refugees or asylum seekers or others from less visible minorities would be included within this definition.

Link

So it’s quite clear that under this definition that Iraqi is just as much of a race as Caucasian or Asian. However what is really probably more pertinent to this thread is the American definition of race. The best that I have been able to found is the definition that is used by the Office of Budget Management for the purposes of census collection data. Their definition of race is slightly more ambiguous.

The racial categories included in the census questionnaire generally reflect a social definition of race recognized in this country and not an attempt to define race biologically, anthropologically, or genetically. In addition, it is recognized that the categories of the race item include racial and national origin or sociocultural groups

Link

What is really interesting is how much like other definitions of race the OMB also recognises that race can be ones nationality so under this definition one could regard being part of the “American” race. It is this recognition that race is much more complex than simply being black, white, brown, yellow or a funny shade of green that illustrates how Trump is actually a Racist.

Once we acknowledge that race includes national origin then it becomes blatantly obvious how it is totally correct to call Trump out as being a racist. Just look at his attempt to ban individuals form several nations from entering the United States, he was saying “I am not letting you in because you are Iraqi” yet at the same time letting everyone else in. He was targeting specific national groups and by extension he was targeting the people who would racially identify as “Iraqi”. To say you cannot come into this country because you are Iraqi is just as racist as saying you cannot get this job because you are Iraqi. If I was to refuse to give you a job because you were American…… you could quite rightly sue me for racial discrimination.

So right there I can confidently say Trump is a racist because he has tried to discriminate one group because of their race. Trump has on many occasions also made racist comments regarding Mexicans and again under the correct definition of race he is being blatantly racist.

I think Trump could learn a lot from this women.

I personally echo her sentiments.

I would also add that I hate how many on this site seem to try to legitimise Trumps, and heir own racial (and lets face it religious) ignorance by pretending they are not being racist because of the negative connotations that go with it. They hide behind their keyboards with this cowardly notion that if they simply dictate was is and is not a race that they can avoid the social stigma that goes with being a racist.

EDIT:

I have put in this edit for a couple of reasons.

Firstly i am getting a lot of "awful OP" comments I do not care if you like or dislike what i have written i do not write on ATS for flags and stars I write to generate discussion most of which so far it seems to have been around basically saying people do not like my OP, my ideas or the way race is defined.

So A Challenge, how would you guys if you disagree with me define race?
edit on 7-2-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

+46 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

"Race is about a sheared identity based around a common culture, language, history, religion, geography and so on"

by this standard, Americans are one race.

I pretty much ended reading what you wrote about there. I skimmed and saw that's what you meant. I am sick of this race-bait crap. It's crap.
edit on 7-2-2017 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
There's only one race when it comes to humans... Homo-sapiens.

+25 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

I believe you just twisted logic to get your own desired result sir.

Definition of racism
: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
a : a doctrine or political program based on the assumption of racism and designed to execute its principles
b : a political or social system founded on racism
: racial prejudice or discrimination

Bigoted perhaps is the word you are looking for.

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
so your saying white people that dress and act like black people are in fact black people? or go around with their top button buttoned calling everyone hom's and esa are hispanic?
or dress and act like middle easterners.

how about white people in south africa?

edit on 7-2-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

+25 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   

All of this and you failed to post even one single example of Trump being racist. Also, can you give me a single example of an anti-Christian being labeled a racist? Of an anti-American being labeled a racist?

+28 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Why is it that this man has been in the public spotlight for over 30 years and nobody ever accused him of being racist, but when he gets elected, well now he's racist?

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I really think you better read my OP before jumping all over that dictionary.

+50 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
This is the stupidest thread OP i have ever read.

If you are redefining "nationality" to mean "race", then you wil obviously have all sorts of unconventional conclusions.

You can't redefine racism to meet your whims. It doesn't work when someone is asserting that white people can't be treated in a racist manner, and it doesn't work here.

+26 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

I used to respect your posts enough to read them, now, not so much........

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Why is it that this man has been in the public spotlight for over 30 years and nobody ever accused him of being racist, but when he gets elected, well now he's racist?

I think it is just because he is more in the spotlight now, in writing this thread i found accusations of him being racist going back to the 1980's.

Had he never won the Primary I probably would not really think of him as much more than a funny footnote in history but the truth is now he is PTOUS he is more under scrutiny over the things he says and is character does not stand up to that scrutiny.

+15 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

I did, twice. If you would like to respond to my rebut, go for it.

You are taking the actual term and how it is used and attempting to apply it in a different manner to suit your claim.

Show me where Trump declares that his race is above or better than another.
edit on 7-2-2017 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

+28 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Because old habits die hard. After 8 years of calling everyone racist, "the left" struggles to put that monkey back in its cage.

The problem with one trick ponies: they are trotted out for every occasion, and end up tired as hell really quick.

link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17

"Race is about a sheared identity based around a common culture, language, history, religion, geography and so on"

by this standard, Americans are one race.

Yeah, it's those pesky subcultures that continue to muck things up. /sarc

+20 more 
link   

Twist the definition of "Racist" all you want. Quite frankly you are wrong!

The term "Racist" has been redefined to fit a political agenda and you are using THAT NEW definition, and you and everyone else who claims to be educated are doing nothing more than looking foolish and ignorant. Whether on purpose, or you were just one of those unfortunate enough to be brainwashed by our Marxist Educational System, you are still WRONG!

" True racism is when a person has negative feelings toward someone based on race alone. When person A has all of the characteristics that person B normally accepts as constituting a “decent” person (education, dress, speech, attitude, etc.), but they reject them anyway because of their race, that makes them a racist.

The True Definition Of Racism

But continue, must be a slow day in Langley!

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
This is the stupidest thread OP i have ever read.

If you are redefining "nationality" to mean "race", then you wil obviously have all sorts of unconventional conclusions.

You can't redefine racism to meet your whims. It doesn't work when someone is asserting that white people can't be treated in a racist manner, and it doesn't work here.

You only think it is stupid because you do not like the definitions as set out legally.

Using a dictionary to define race is utterly ignorant the truth is that its much more complex and most definitions state that it includes national origin. So when Trump calls Mexians rapists he is being racist.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   

So right there I can confidently say Trump is a racist because he has tried to discriminate one group because of their race.

blah blah blah ... Trump racist.

Madonna Is a man...Obama is russian.Hillary is transgender.... What's the point ? You dont know the guy... may you're a racist too ?

+26 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
So what you're saying is : If someone doesn't fit the definition of racist, change the definition to make it fit?

+15 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I've just redefined political party to mean race, thus making all criticism of Trump racist. Praise KEK.

originally posted by: DAVID64
So what you're saying is : If someone doesn't fit the definition of racist, change the definition to make it fit?

Yes, this has been their game for years now. They redefine words to suit their political agenda. Jordan Peterson is standing up to it because he believes its very dangerous for us all and I agree. It's information/langauge warfare.

edit on 7-2-2017 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Trump is racist against terrorists.

o_0

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join