It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kodi IPTV clients not working

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 04:47 AM
link   
So I've been playing around with Kodi trying to get the live TV to work. The way I had it before (which I have no idea what I did) would play a station for 30-60 seconds and then shut off. So I looked online and they suggested I change my DNS, which I did...still had the same problem. They also suggested turning off the harware acceleration...which I did. Still had the same issue.

Then I decided to just start from square one...I went back to factory default and installed the fusion add-on. Once installed I proceeded to install "Live IPTV" from the Indigo program installer (previously called "Addon Installer) now everytime I click on a channel or server I am confronted with an error log message, it doesn't even play for the 30 seconds like it did before. I have tried Ultimate IPTV as well, it also comes up with the same message. I also tried Freeview but everytime it loads a channel it freezes the program.

Any ideas?

s27.postimg.org... LOG ERROR
edit on 7-2-2017 by cavedweller88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: cavedweller88

Ah, theres the error: you tried to view CNN! Bad!

/sarc

Okay, I think the problem exists in the used URL.
Otherwise I can only advise to NOT use the plugin "Exodus" (you didn't, right?).

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 05:08 AM
link   

I gave up on live tv from kodi months ago, it just doesnt seem to work any more.
edit on 7-2-2017 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I think the fact that a lot of live TV sources use bit torrent is a factor. Isp's crppy security suites soft blocking at the router and family safety controls on their customer account pages are a factor. To get working live TV you need a vpn and at least a real-debrid account. Even then it's not guaranteed.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   
For some reason I think the problem lies with the f4mtester.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

I use exodus all the time, is there something I should know?

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD

We tried Ivue and USTVnow but they were freezing or wouldn't log in a lot of times. Now I just wait a few hours and watch things on Primewire or exodus.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico

I use exodus all the time, is there something I should know?

Popular Kodi Addon ‘Exodus’ Turned Users into a DDoS ‘Botnet’

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Hmm, exodus was kinda wonky for a little while, guess that explains it. Thanks for the info

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   

I use exodus all the time for movies it usually works everyntime.

What other one would you suggest? Phoenix?

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Zerodoublehero

1channel (primewire) is a good one.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   

So, I have had kind of the same issue with Exodus when watching a movie, but it's always around the hour mark. It all stared with the lasted update they pushed. It's almost like it's timing out due to inactivity.

Still researching......

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I thought we werent suppose to talk about this kind of stuff on here.

Having said that.

With everything available on Kodi, and I do mean everything.

Why even bother with live tv.

On demand ALL the way.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zerodoublehero

I use exodus all the time for movies it usually works everyntime.

What other one would you suggest? Phoenix?

It SHOULD be working correctly, now..
The developer was under a LOT of flak because of this, of course.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I had been waiting ever since Thanksgiving for the retro NES console to come out. Couple of weeks ago I got tired of waiting and so I built the ultimate NES on the Rasberry Pi. I've got about $80 invested in a mini computer that I run NES and SNES emulators on.

Did some more research and found out about Kod. So I installed that on my Pi as well.....OMG, life changer lol. I also can not get the live TV to work but that is not a concern for me at this time. I can't read the above article on why not to use Kodi as it is blocked here at my work. So just wanted to see if I could get some insight on why not to use.
edit on 7-2-2017 by HawkeyeNation because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

You may need to update the addon even if you have auto update on, especially if its a new install.

Also google "sanctuary" for kodi and check it out. You have to add it like you did fusion. Its like Phoenix, a collection off addons, and also has a IPTV addon you can try.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I havent used Kodi or exodus in awhile now. Most of the live tv I get from cipherTV or Mobdro. And I use terrariumTV as well.

The thing about all these live stream and on demand tv services is that they are always changing. So you have to stay on top of it. Live streams go up and down, sources come and go, so you have to stay well informed. All the apps and services like kodi are just door ways to the servers, and as servers change their info to stay available, the doors dont always work.
edit on 7-2-2017 by coop039 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
I thought we werent suppose to talk about this kind of stuff on here.

Having said that.

With everything available on Kodi, and I do mean everything.

Why even bother with live tv.

On demand ALL the way.

It's better than talking politics all the time.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD

I gave up on live tv from kodi months ago, it just doesnt seem to work any more.

Well i don;t think so.because IPTV still works like a charm . Atleast for me

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: MartianMARTIN

originally posted by: PhoenixOD

Well i don;t think so.because iptv links and m3u playlists still works like a charm . Atleast for me

new topics

top topics

join