It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel passes bill to seize private Palestinian land for Jewish settlements

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Noncents

They are behaving in such a way that would have Nazis from the 1940s laughing now.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius
Actually I do talk with friends about the things happening at the UN because me and mine are interested in politics, including at the international level...

The point, that you poorly danced around, is that the UN does recognize them now. As does the US. As does most of the rest of the world.

You support the genocide? That's your choice. It's an ugly one to me but that's your choice.

Let me make this clear: My entire life I've been hearing about this conflict. I want to see an end to it before I die. I do not agree that Israel should expand. I want to see the two-state solution implemented. My stance is clear. Stop killing. Stop expanding.

Stop the killing. To promote or support otherwise is atrocious and disgusting.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I dont get it. Firstly your headline was supposed to be about Israel stealing palestinian land, but you go on to mention nothing of it in your op, just some rant about Palestinian Child brides..That dont exist?. You posted links that you quite clearly have not read, Instead you looked at the headline, then the pictures and came up complete bollocks/lies.

Worst fail yet on ATS.

edit on 7-2-2017 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
What else do you all expecting from a nation turning the God almighty into real estate agent?

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

How come the Palestinians don't just pass a law declaring the settlements illegal?

Is Israel the only "nation of laws" in the area?

Are the Palestinians just lawless peoples?

What's going on over there?

Because you have to have a nation and a army to enforce it. Not to mention they are nothing but refugees from surrounding countries who kicked them out and as a bonus uses them to defame Israel every chance they get.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   

The Palestinians wont stop the killing. That's the whole point I'm making here.

It's never been about peace for them, ever. It's about conquest. Their God demands it.

I also hate the killing and wish it wasn't so. I don't support taking people's land or butchering people either. But I also see why Israel feels they need to do what they do. They're surrounded by hatred on all sides.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   

A two state solution has been agreed to multiple times by Israel now. Guess who disagreed.....

You don't want a resolution, you want a resolution that justifies your position.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Yeah, Im not disputing that the Palestinians resort to terrorism against Israel and that Israel has all the right to strike back and defend itself, as common sense goes, stone for stone. But Israel is starting to push it in such a way that will only make things worse, it would be far better to just give Palestine a piece of land instead of trying to take it all as a retaliatory action. When you push your enemy into a corner and dont offer them an exit, that will make them even more ferocious, strategy 1o1.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Israel's land theft law is just the tip of the settlement iceberg

The Knesset on Monday night passed the “formalization law” (also translated as the “normalization law”), which retroactively legalizes dozens of settlement outposts in the West Bank — almost 4,000 housing units. The law essentially formalizes settler theft of private Palestinian land, allowing the state to force compensation on Palestinians for land they own that has been taken over by settlers.

The law is shocking. Israel’s attorney general, a Netanyahu appointee, has already said it is unconstitutional and that he would not be able to defend it in the High Court of Justice. Several human rights NGOs have already signaled their intent to petition the High Court to strike down the law.

The law is also remarkable because the occupied Palestinian territories have never been annexed to Israel, which means that the laws within them are (supposed to be) determined by officers in the military regime, not by Israel’s parliament which has no jurisdiction.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
You don't want a resolution, you want a resolution that justifies your position.

You are absolutely right. i want a resolution that justifies my position.

And what is my position? "Stop killing. Stop expanding."

To continue your pro-genocidal arguments against that is abhorrent. Being "surrounded by hate" as you put it is not an excuse or reason for genocide.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I'm not for genocide, please don't read that into my argument. I'm a Christian man who is against killing.

I do see Israel's evil. Of course I do. But I see their enemy too. An ancient enemy and an enemy who's saviour can't return until all lands are conquered for Islam.

It's not fair to label me as pro-genocide. I do see your argument and recognize it's valid. But you can't see mine, clearly.

ATS has always been marginally pro Palestine. I'm simply correcting the historic record of their benevolence. That doesn't make me evil.

As a true Christian I actually despise all governments at the moment. They're all predicated on violence and overt oppression. Israel included.
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
As a "Christian man" you should understand that biblically there should not be any jews in that area... not until the messiah comes to bring them back to their land...

But I also see why Israel feels they need to do what they do.

What they do is genocide. To see why they feel they need to be genocidal is just messed up. There's no way around that.

Israel is no better than Palestine and being genocidal makes their actions unacceptable.
edit on 8-2-2017 by Noncents because: Politeness Increased

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

You're right. I am wrong.

My judgement has been a longstanding one with me, mistakenly thinking that Israel was a literal fulfillment of prophecy.

I do know that the Jews are God's chosen people, but I also know of the unruly Jews who are gathered to a place. I kept thinking of future Jerusalem as somehow being here, alas it is not. Maybe John's passage is a yet fulfilled one "“Bring those who refuse to be governed by me before my feet and slaughter them there.”

They still worship the golden calf of money.

My blindness has caused me to err greatly here and my bias has severely clouded my judgement. Please, I apologize and will bow out of this thread - I need to meditate on this and ask my God for forgiveness. I am sorry.

I always did struggle to see the distinguishable aspects between Zionists and Jews. The worldly Israel and the heavenly Israel. I can only thank you, in a way, for forcing me to look at this in a different way. You probably don't realize it but I'm incredibly thankful you persisted. Thank you.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Don't be too hard on yourself, man. Heavenly vs. physical Israel is something that severely messes with people.

We've still got a long way to go until the end of the road. Until we get there, I believe the message should be one of peace and cooperation.

That's a tough message for a lot of people to hang with. For some reason it seems like a hard route. But, it's worth it in the end.

Peace be with you, stranger.
edit on 8-2-2017 by Noncents because: Replaced A Word

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noncents
As a "Christian man" you should understand that biblically there should not be any jews in that area... not until the messiah comes to bring them back to their land...

But I also see why Israel feels they need to do what they do.

What they do is genocide. To see why they feel they need to be genocidal is just messed up. There's no way around that.

Israel is no better than Palestine and being genocidal makes their actions unacceptable.

What?

You most definitely do not know your Christian eschatology.

The Jews in Judea (that is what you would call the West Bank), are going to be fleeing for their lives btw. Matthew 24

edit on 8-2-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Nevermind. Think what you will. All are equal.
edit on 9-2-2017 by Noncents because: Equality

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Trump Adopts a Harder Line on Israeli Settlements

President Trump, who presented himself as a staunch supporter of Israel during last year’s campaign, took a harder line on settlements in an interview published on Friday and indicated that he was rethinking his promise to move the United States Embassy to Jerusalem.

Mr. Trump told an Israeli newspaper that settlements “don’t help the process” and that he did not believe that “going forward with these settlements is a good thing for peace.” He also did not reaffirm his past vow to move the embassy, saying that it “is not an easy decision” and “we will see what happens.”

The comments amounted to a striking recalibration of Mr. Trump’s approach to Israel just five days before Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is scheduled to visit the White House.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join