It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Magazine: Why We're Calling for Congress to Impeach Donald Trump

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I'm calling it right now.

Coup d'état by summer.

Bet on it.

Make the bad man go away mommy!

So, if so...how so? And what would you guess the response from Congress and the population would be?

Please. They'll couch it in such a way that politicians would benefit and the media would package it like a turd with a gold bow on it.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: Profusion

'Impeachment', just like 'racist' and 'bigot' has lost all sense of their meanings to the point that they are now ignored and laughed at because they continuously derive from the same source who rolls out one of those words approximately every 3 or 4 minutes of the day, somehow expecting people to take them seriously.

Impeachment lost it's sense of meaning when they tried to impeach Clinton for lying about a BJ.

Actually he was lying about a bj "under oath"
Martha Stewart went to jail for that offense.

youtu.be...

Here's his lie if your interested
edit on 6-2-2017 by Bluntone22 because: Link

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

a reply to: pheonix358

I don't believe it was the business of Congress to investigate the matter but, he lied!

And that is why the term impeachment lost a bit of it's meaning, as I originally said.

He lied about an extra-marital affair, which even you admit should not have been investigated or pursued. But it was.

And you don't think the Commander in Chief of the US Armed Forces should be held to similar standards as its members?

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: paradoxious

I don't believe it was the business of Congress to investigate the matter but, he lied!

And that is why the term impeachment lost a bit of it's meaning, as I originally said.

He lied about an extra-marital affair, which even you admit should not have been investigated or pursued. But it was.

And you don't think the Commander in Chief of the US Armed Forces should be held to similar standards as its members?

I don't think it's our business what other people do in their bedrooms, let alone investigate and try to impeach them for anything involving it.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

'Impeachment', just like 'racist' and 'bigot' has lost all sense of their meanings to the point that they are now ignored and laughed at because they continuously derive from the same source who rolls out one of those words approximately every 3 or 4 minutes of the day, somehow expecting people to take them seriously.

Impeachment lost it's sense of meaning when they tried to impeach Clinton for lying about a BJ.

Yes, he lied...about something that was none of our business.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Like tax returns?

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

I don't think it's our business what other people do in their bedrooms, let alone investigate and try to impeach them for anything involving it.

Yet they just demoted a retired 4 star general two ranks for doing just that, though arguably coerced to some extent.

And IIRC, WJC's deal wasn't in a bedroom.

link   

Then he should have pleaded the 5th.

Even POTUS is bound by oaths to tell the truth when questioned before a grand jury.

NO ONE is above that.

When people start to think they are above the law and can not be held accountable to it, it's a problem (just ask Nixon).

link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

So let's impeach the man because of what we don't know?! Logic seems legit....
What is really legit is the fear of the unknown ...Its a chicken little response they want .But they are not getting .Tomorrow is another day to double down and do it again because they have zero .

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Like tax returns?

Does the government require you to fill out forms revealing your sexual actions?

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Yet they just demoted a retired 4 star general two ranks for doing just that, though arguably coerced to some extent.

And IIRC, WJC's deal wasn't in a bedroom.

Then that was wrong.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

Then he should have pleaded the 5th.

Even POTUS is bound by oaths to tell the truth when questioned before a grand jury.

NO ONE is above that.

When people start to think they are above the law and can not be held accountable to it, it's a problem (just ask Nixon).

I happen to agree. Clinton should have plead the 5th or told the truth.

Doesn't change much, except as a distraction from the current discussion.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I've always wondered if there is an actual law or restriction about a president being a philanderer.

Do you remember (possibly rumor) that it was Russian secret service that supposedly informed the US CIA of Clinton's escapades.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I've always wondered if there is an actual law or restriction about a president being a philanderer.

Do you remember (possibly rumor) that it was Russian secret service that supposedly informed the US CIA of Clinton's escapades.

I thought it came out during the Paula Jones lawsuit.

May be wrong though.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I hope they try to impeach him.

The wall will be replaced by an electric Pence. Then things would get really interesting.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

No, it is part of the discussion: Criminal activity is reason for impeachment.

That's the point: Clinton lied under oath. That's perjury, a criminal offense.

Calling for an impeachment of Trump because someone thinks he has a "conflict of interest" is NOT a criminal offense.

Again: those who want Trump impeached will need to find evidence of criminal wrong doing, and as it has been pointed out, no one has so far. If there is an issue with his taxes, the IRS would have been pretty quick to go after him....DURING the elections.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I thought it came out during the Paula Jones lawsuit.

May be wrong though.

Russia was definitely mentioned as passing info regarding Clinton.

Hard to know what's real and what isn't though.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Op i have to give you credit you sure spend alot of time finding anything derogatory towards President Trump. But, that being said, i or most others would like to see this great nation get a second chance. So until Trump goes off the wagon per se, Time, Democrats, Soros and minions, you, can eat a bag of di..'s

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

No, it is part of the discussion: Criminal activity is reason for impeachment. That's the point: Clinton lied under oath. That's perjury, a criminal offense.

True, but he lied about an extra-marital affair. Not taxes, not anything important to the US in any way.

That is why I said it lost a bit of it's meaning at that point.

Calling for an impeachment of Trump because someone thinks he has a "conflict of interest" is NOT a criminal offense.

I agree.

Again: those who want Trump impeached will need to find evidence of criminal wrong doing, and as it has been pointed out, no one has so far. If there is an issue with his taxes, the IRS would have been pretty quick to go after him....DURING the elections.

If Trump does have conflicts of interest, wouldn't he have to become president before they could go after him?

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

When you're under oath, you can't lie. Period. Doesn't mater how important the question is or not. You are not allowed to lie. Doesn't mater if you are in front of a federal grand jury, or a on trial for a parking ticket. If you take the oath and are question, if you get caught lying about anything you're asked, it's perjury.

There is nothing criminal about having a conflict of interest. It just looks bad.

Now, if any of those things are found to be doing criminal wrong doing, then yes, he can be held accountable for it too. But until they do: there's nothing criminal about it.

Trump breaks the law, I'll be right there with everyone else calling for his head. However, for now: impeachment is a waste of time. Nothing would come of it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join