It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Magazine: Why We're Calling for Congress to Impeach Donald Trump

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

HA!

You're quoting Rumsfeld, one of the most corrupt and sleaziest scumbag politicians ever to try and slander Trump. Come on, Rummy is right there with Clinton at the top of dirtbag mountain.

Your going to have to try harder with your daily fear mongering and clickbait.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

'Impeachment', just like 'racist' and 'bigot' has lost all sense of their meanings to the point that they are now ignored and laughed at because they continuously derive from the same source who rolls out one of those words approximately every 3 or 4 minutes of the day, somehow expecting people to take them seriously.

Impeachment lost it's sense of meaning when they tried to impeach Clinton for lying about a BJ.

Was a lot more than a "BJ".
You think we call him a sexual predator for fun?

He was not under impeachment for being a sexual predator. You call him that because you're partisan.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

So if Hillary had won I wonder if they would have been writing the parallel article?

Is it possible that the deals could benefit people besides Trump?

I wonder how the deals the Bush's & Clinton's had with Saudi Arabia, how much good any of that ever did anybody here? Anybody outside of defense contractors that is.

What they need to do is show how Trump's interests are in Disaster Capitalism (vulturically invested in profiteering from disasters). If he isn't poised to reap fat stacks from global tragedies, then that would be a major shift in the politicians we've had holding the reigns for about as long as I've been alive.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
originally posted by: Profusion

The Trump Organization does or has done business in Argentina, Azerbaijan, Bermuda, Brazil, Canada, China, Egypt, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Panama, Philippines, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, St. Martin, St. Vincent, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom and Uruguay. And, while serving as President, Trump, through his interest in the Trump Organization, will continue to receive monetary and other benefits from these foreign powers and their agents.

The above looks just like a post I made some time back, not all those countries but a deal of them though.

Thing is, Trump is owned, likely big time.
Here's one little and link there are many more, and I'm off to bed, but it's your starter for ten.

nordic.businessinsider.com...

edit on 6-2-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
This nonsense about the tax return.....

....im not a fan of The People thinking we have a right to look inside a presidents colon. If he has done wrong, i expect the IRS will catch it.

Its a weak argument. And since Time is a CNN affiliate, im unsurprised.

Think banks if you are really interested.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Impeachment lost it's sense of meaning when they tried to impeach Clinton for lying about a BJ.

He lied to Congress!

The BJ had little to do with it.

He plainly lied and he was not allowed to do that.

That is a major transgression, the lie that is ... not the BJ.

P

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I'm calling it right now.

Coup d'état by summer.

Bet on it.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

What did he lie about?

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I thought Donald Trump was TIME's "Man of the Year".

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeenieWeenie
Are you ready for Pres. Pence?

Are you ready for a Republican majority in the House and the Senate ? Remember , they would be doing the impeaching. How can anyone think that is possible ?

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Remember awhile back when Obama basically told the UK if they voted to leave the EU they would have to go to the back of the line when dealing with trade in the US ...It was a kind of threat right ? ...Well here is a unknown unknown I jst cant seem to get my head around .Are they thinking that trade with the US could get worse then what Obama said . Is or does Trump have a document that he has to present to the UK ? A notice that they are being served kind of a thing . help

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

What did he lie about?

It does not matter what the lie was about.

He must not lie to Congress and they caught him out big time.

Trying to deflect again?

I don't believe it was the business of Congress to investigate the matter but, he lied!

P

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
If they were able to get rid of Trump then we'd have Mike Pence, no thank you.

If they were able to get rid of Pence then we''d have Orrin Hatch, still a Republican...

If they were able to get rid of Hatch then we'd have Rex Tillerson, still a Republican...

EDIT: Since Szubin is on the way out he's not even eligible in the line of succession.

After Tillerson would be the independent "mad dog" James Mattis...

Simply, they're not going to get their way. Not happening.

I'm not one for party politics and don't care for either party but that's the way it is. Getting a Democrat for a president anytime in the next four years is not a possibility at all.
edit on 6-2-2017 by Noncents because: Removed Szubin, Added Mattis

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I'm calling it right now.

Coup d'état by summer.

Bet on it.

Make the bad man go away mommy!

So, if so...how so? And what would you guess the response from Congress and the population would be?
edit on 6-2-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I don't believe it was the business of Congress to investigate the matter but, he lied!

And that is why the term impeachment lost a bit of it's meaning, as I originally said.

He lied about an extra-marital affair, which even you admit should not have been investigated or pursued. But it was.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

It wasn't TIME magazine.

It was an opinion article, published by TIME magazine.

Is it really that hard for people to distinguish the two?

SMH.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Well, we know that blind trusts are an absolute protection... because you know nobody violates a completely honor system business structure. He should set up a blind trust.

What is the bigger threat? Somebody already wealthy or somebody who's made their fortune by being in office.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

What are we dealing with when it comes to Trump's known unknowns and unknown unknowns? The fact is that we don't know.

So let's impeach the man because of what we don't know?!

Logic seems legit....

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Sigh......I swear that people get more ignorant each day.

Impeachment is done if enough evidence is presented that shows something criminal.

In Andrew Johnson's case in 1868, it was violating the Tenure of Office Act, he was acquitted by the Senate. Later the Tenure of Office Act was declared unconstitutional by SCOTUS.

Bill Clinton was impeached on charges of Perjury, for lying to a federal grand jury and obstruction of justice. He too was acquitted by the Senate.

In order to impeach Trump, some sort of criminal activity would have to be provided by investigators in order for the House to vote on the Articles of Impeachment.

Saying someone has a "conflict of interest" is NOT enough. Nor is it criminal in nature (though opinions may differ on that).

Even Nancy Pelosi knows this. It would be a waste of time, as the House would never vote for it.

You all want Trump impeached? Then you need to have him actually breaking the law. Once he's done that and a investigation can show that, THEN the House can vote on it and it would most likely pass.

Until then: it's a pipe dream for those that hate Trump and nothing more. Just like all the calls to impeach Obama: No evidence of criminal activity? No impeachment then.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
In any case, I'm far more interested about the 19.5% stake in Rosneft:

More than a month after Russia announced one of its biggest privatizations since the 1990s, selling a 19.5 percent stake in its giant oil company Rosneft, it still isn't possible to determine from public records the full identities of those who bought it.

Reuters

Hm...where did I hear something about that company selling about 19% of itself before?

*snaps fingers*

That's right! It was the Christopher Steele dossier about Trump!

A dossier with unverified claims about President Donald Trump’s ties to Russia contained allegations that Igor Sechin, the CEO of Russia’s state oil company, offered former Trump ally Carter Page and his associates the brokerage of a 19% stake in the company in exchange for the lifting of US sanctions on Russia.

Business Insider

So the Trump dossier by Steele magically predicted this 19% sell off of Rosneft...And when it does happen its done in a shady way to shield who it was sold off to.

Interesting. Gee, I wonder why all the cloak and dagger around the recipients of that 19% stake? And isn't it quite the coincidence that Steele's dossier mentioned nearly an identical percentage months prior...?

Hm...
edit on 6-2-2017 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join