It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Magazine: Why We're Calling for Congress to Impeach Donald Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

The Trump Organization does or has done business in Argentina, Azerbaijan, Bermuda, Brazil, Canada, China, Egypt, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Panama, Philippines, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, St. Martin, St. Vincent, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom and Uruguay. And, while serving as President, Trump, through his interest in the Trump Organization, will continue to receive monetary and other benefits from these foreign powers and their agents.

Examples of existing business arrangements that constitute violations of the foreign-emoluments clause include: China’s state-owned Industrial and Commercial Bank of China is the largest tenant in Trump Tower, and the state-owned Bank of China is a major lender to Trump. Trump’s business partner in Trump Tower Century City in Manila, Philippines is Century Properties, which is run by Jose Antonio, who was just named special envoy to the United States by the president of the Philippines. Further, many Trump Organization projects abroad require foreign government permits and approvals, which amount to substantial financial benefits that also constitute foreign emoluments.

Why We're Calling for Congress to Impeach Donald Trump

I don't care how much you support Trump, in my opinion the quote above should bother you. I think it's clear that Trump is refusing to release his tax returns because there are things he doesn't want the public to know.

www.youtube.com...

"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know." - Donald Rumsfeld

What are we dealing with when it comes to Trump's known unknowns and unknown unknowns? The fact is that we don't know. When Trump is making good deals abroad for America, how do we know how much of the deals will be good for him and his family and associates versus being good for the public at large?

Does anyone else think that Time calling for Trump's impeachment may be orchestrated with the following? The two announcements were made within hours of each other after all.

Pelosi: No grounds for impeaching Trump
edit on 6-2-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

+21 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Of course it is orchestrated.

A great many ex-Presidents have had foreign investments and business dealings. The Clintons come readily to mind. Many others do as well.

While we consider this, are there similar restrictions for those in Congress?

It is simply nauseating.

P

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
The down and out left being crybabies as usual. It just makes their recent utter and total defeat all that more delicious.

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I don't know that I would have quoted Donald "Let Them Eat Cake" Rumsfeld jus' sayin'.

But, so far, I truly don't think Trump would put us in any danger to save a hotel or some such. He seems to actually care about being a good President. We'll see.

Besides: This emoluments thing is b.s. the way folk are attempting to twist a interpretation out of it that's just not there.
edit on 6-2-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

+25 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
This nonsense about the tax return.....

....im not a fan of The People thinking we have a right to look inside a presidents colon. If he has done wrong, i expect the IRS will catch it.

Its a weak argument. And since Time is a CNN affiliate, im unsurprised.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Wow, looks like irrelevant Time magazine has gone completely off the rails.

More irrelevant and triggered MSM crap.

link   
Are you ready for Pres. Pence?

link   

My two cents on this topic....

1) I'm amazed and a bit disheartened that we finally have a president that, for all of his many flaws, has actually survived and thrived in "the real world" and since this is such a rarity, many don't know what to make of it.

2) The thing that jumped out at me while reading the portion of the article you quoted was the bit about obtaining permits. Some people may be shocked to hear this but building just about anything, anywhere requires permits and approvals. In my area I am required to pull a permit to construct an off-the-shelf shed kit in my own back yard.

3) I'm bringing this up only because the election was relatively recent but I do have to point out that I while I have no problem with people digging through any and all of Trump's public business records, I can't help but remember that by and large his business is very much in the light of day. He is a builder/developer so that is where transactions originate from. What was it that Hillary and her foundation were providing in exchange from tremendous "donations" from sketchy characters and sketchier parts of the world? Beyond access, I can't think of a single thing. (That is not to say that two wrongs make a right and if it comes out that Trump has sacrificed the safety of the United States I will be the first one to go after him. However, being a successful businessman turned politician does not automatically a criminal make, in my view).

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

'Impeachment', just like 'racist' and 'bigot' has lost all sense of their meanings to the point that they are now ignored and laughed at because they continuously derive from the same source who rolls out one of those words approximately every 3 or 4 minutes of the day, somehow expecting people to take them seriously.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Looks like Trump has plenty of international experience !!

link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

'Impeachment', just like 'racist' and 'bigot' has lost all sense of their meanings to the point that they are now ignored and laughed at because they continuously derive from the same source who rolls out one of those words approximately every 3 or 4 minutes of the day, somehow expecting people to take them seriously.

Impeachment lost it's sense of meaning when they tried to impeach Clinton for lying about a BJ.

link   
His conflicts of interests world wide are enough to get him impeached. Republicans are just putting their party over their country right now.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
President Trumps does business all over the world which I hope will serve him to better relations in the long run. He has already stated that any monies that the trump empire will receive from foreign governments while he is in office will be donated to the US Treasury so all the more for us. I too believe he not only believes in what he is doing as far he is making America great again, he intends to do the best job he can.

I do not agree with everything he has done nor how he ha gone about it but there have been no secrets about it, he has included everyone in on every detail so far. I did not always agree with President Obama nor President Bush nor the rest of them but they all had a chance and we are still pretty much in the same place where they started today, I say give President Trump a chance to either blow it or make it great, either way its a win win
edit on 2/6/2017 by DJMSN because: correction

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Looks like Trump has plenty of international experience !!

I'm surprised with myself that I didn't add that to my post (because it was something I'd said a few times in the run up to the elections).

Real estate development requires politics. Lots of it. Whether its trying to get a skyscraper built in NYC or rezoning in the suburbs and particularly in foreign countries.... lots of politics involved. So much for him not having any foreign affairs experience.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Don R is a Globalist and we can be certain he supported Hillary as did all Bushes. That's enough for me. Wake up leftists ! You are on the wrong side

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
so, what you are saying is that you don`t trust that the IRS did a competent job when it audited Trump`s taxes or you are saying that the IRS is covering up for Trump in the alleged conflict of interests with other countries?

and, you are making these allegations against the IRS and Trump with zero evidence either real or circumstantial?

It sounds like someone is suffering from paranoid delusions.
edit on 6-2-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Impeachment lost it's sense of meaning when they tried to impeach Clinton for lying about a BJ.

Agreed - just like 'racist' and 'bigot' lost it's sense of meaning during Hillarys deplorables speech. Funny how dodgy Clintons are always at the center of dodgy shenanigans.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Was a lot more than a "BJ".
You think we call him a sexual predator for fun?

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

I'm part of generation butthurt...But only because I have to be lumped together with the rest of those idiots.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Agreed - just like 'racist' and 'bigot' lost it's sense of meaning during Hillarys deplorables speech. Funny how dodgy Clintons are always at the center of dodgy shenanigans.

It would have lost meaning from her words if we are not reminded constantly of people's racism and bigotry.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join