It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi Sun Flag

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Whats the deal with this Iraqi Sun flag I keep seeing in election footage? Is it a particualar parties flag or a coalition of parties?

Its the regular three bar flag, without stars or arabic writting, and witha big bright yellow sun in the middle, that crosses over all three bars. Seems interesting.

Reminds me, as an aside, of the Black and White stipped flag that I saw a bit of in footage from Pakistan and Afghanistan from recent years, not sure what thats all about either.

found a little more

Flag of the First republic '58-60(pictured below) source
The red sun in the middle referred to the Assyrian symbol of the national god Ashur. The matter that reflects the Iraqi personality of the republic without any pan-Arab dominance. The Yellow circle in the centre of the sun reffered to the Kurdish national colour which was used by the legendary hero Salah el-Deen.

So perhaps the sun is a kurdish thing, since its a yellow sun.

[edit on 30-1-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Man.

Never mind, found it.

Apparently it is a Kurdish Regional Government Flag.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Its a nice flag. But the people of iraq might not like it. The should put it on a referendum.

dh

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Withe the desecration of Iraq's holy sites and the looting of its museums and resultant destruction of its real history, perhaps signifying a return to sun-worship as a central tenet of the NWO-imposed new religion (following the upcoming holographic Project Bluebeam extravaganza, maybe?)

top topics

join