It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dem Rep Waters: Trump ‘Investigation’ Underway; Evidence Not Required for Impeachment

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Long time Democrat U.S. Congresswoman Maxine Waters says investigations are underway to impeach Trump !!

She says Trump is different and apparently no real evidence is needed to "git 'im".

Tax returns and Putin were among her "discussions".

She was on CNN and had some choice things to say....

Dem Rep Waters: Trump ‘Investigation’ Underway; Evidence Not Required for Impeachment

Monday on CNN’s “Newsroom,” when asked about her comments last week stating that her “greatest desire” would be to impeach President Donald Trump, Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA) said investigations had “already started” and that some of the investigation leads to the “possibility of impeachment.”

hearing and seeing is believing.....

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

When is she and the rest of the democrats going to simply trash the Constitution and take over?

My money is on June of this year.

+26 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I will say this over and over again, after the display of corruption that the Democrats have contempt for the constitution and the legal citizens of this nation they will never be in power again.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
What about voting power in Congress? Is that dispensable as well?

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Bill Clinton was "impeached".

Almost immediately after, he emerged from the hearings, surrounded by Democrats and went right back to the Oval Office...

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

When is she and the rest of the democrats going to simply trash the Constitution and take over?.

Wow, for someone as vocal as you are a little more attention to detail, huh..?

They already did: 01/20/2009 a 01/20/2017

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

how did maxine waters every get into congress? she seems to care nothing for the law. yet another public official in need of replacement. the we need to do some house cleaning make your votes count get rid of the ones we can vote out people. these evil greedy government comes first sob's need replaced.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

well, they are liberals so I reckon when it comes to voting they think they will be able to vote more than once, and that will give them enough votes to impeach.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
a reply to: marg6043

1. Impeachment is allowed by the US Constitution. Article II, Section 4 says this:

The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other High crimes and Misdemeanors.

Both Presidents Andrew Jackson and Bill Clinton were impeached, though both were acquitted in the Senate.

2. Why is everyone acting like they don't understand "political posturing"? Any Democratic politician who is calling for the impeachment of Trump is only selling false hopes to their constituents in order to give the impression that they're opposing him. Because they all know it's nearly impossible for it to happen as long as Repubs control both chambers of Congress.

In order to impeach Trump, a simple majority in the House of representatives would have to vote for the impeachment. But since Republicans control the majority in the House, Trump could only be impeached if some Republicans voted with the Democrats. And that's simply not going to happen.

And even if the House of Representatives voted to impeach Trump, it would be up to the Senate to actually "try" him and "convict" him. But since the Senate is also controlled by Republicans, that's not going to happen either. Remember, a Republican controlled Senate even acquitted Bill when he was impeached. So what chance is there that they'll impeach a fellow Republican?

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

For the record, he was acquitted by a Republican controlled Senate. Let's not distort the facts.

edit on 6-2-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Good luck Waters.

You don't have the VOTES.

Gonna be TWO YEARS before you MIGHT.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I voted for the best vice president.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

At this point ,it seems the only thing standing between the world and WW3 is The Donald .I hope he knows that despite the very vocal blood vampires on the left he has a strong base at home ,that has probably grown sense he won the election .
If Trump fails then the US will go down the drain .

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Like I said in other thread. I lived similar situations in other countries. There is always a moment when the government gets tired and no more Mr. Nice. That's when it really gets ugly, army in the streets and other stuff nobody likes.

Lately , I started to think that's the agenda running now. I don't think we can stop it anymore. It's coming.

edit on 6-2-2017 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

It's a conspiracy site, so I'll continue to speculate that there will be an attempted coup d'état this year.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It's a conspiracy site, so I'll continue to speculate that there will be an attempted coup d'état this year.

Well Since we know Waters party can't fight their own battles for them.

And we know they have to pay people to attend their conventions, and protest the current president.

I'd say we will be looking at foreign mercs in the near future.

Beyond that all I will say is.

We will fight in the shade.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
My eyes hurt from all the rolling they've been doing lately

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

But what would that have to do with an impeachment? Impeaching is only the first of 2 major steps to getting a President kicked out of office. The Senate would then have to convict the President. But neither of those is going to happen.

And even if it did, it would just mean the VP (Pence) would become President. And if he was immediately impeached and convicted, then the Speaker of the House (Paul Ryan) would become President. And if he was immediately impeached and convicted, then the President pro tempore of the Senate (Orrin Hatch) would become President. Next would be the Secretary of State (Tillerson), etc etc.

In other words, how would an impeachment lead to the Democrats taking over?

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

You said it yourself, impeachment will fail.

So the elements that don't want the Constitution any longer will have to step up their game.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Her arguments sound like that of a better than average schooled ghetto woman. How in the hell did she and does she keep getting elected? Oh that's right, she's smarter than her electorate.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join