It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anybody else get this feeling?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I've been practising this more and more.. tonight before i went to sleep i forced the feeling... during my sleep i knew when someone was gonna call, i woke right up, and then the phone rang, i did this twice... could this have something to do with this feeling i am working on, am i opening up my psychic abilities?

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 12:05 AM
link   
although you do not meditate or i am assuming you do not pratice any form of martial arts, but could it be that you have a positive connection with your body and are able to release harnessed energy or chi?

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 02:14 AM
link   
When im in bed I get a feeling liked im moving up and down vertically, its hard to explain. I this something astral related? it happens every night for as long as i remember, i can bring it on or stop it if i want.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I am very uneducated about chi or energy channeling, if someone could leave me a brief and easy to understand explaination that would be great!

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   
My strange feeling thing is a little different. It's more like a brain switch I flip (or is sometimes automatic) to think about or see things differently.

Probably just a little harmless schitzophrenia, but the compartmentalization is so obvious I can't discount it or the impact in the varying states.

Hard to explain without sounding crazy.

One example is the waking dream state where I can cognitively think (and believe) in whole other divergent systems and it's as real as the state I'm writing this in now. But once it switches off, it's not. There's a period of confusion where I'm not sure which is real, then eventually the "norm" takes over and I ultimately forget the other state. Mostly anyway. Every time I re-enter the state I immediately get deja vous though, recall everything and then the "norm" makes no sense.

Nothing too insane. I usually just think something like I spent the last few years somewhere that I actually didn't, have duties and pets and jobs I didn't, and have all these "memories" I don't even question until I kind of wake up from it.

It's more than just dream states though. The compartmentaliztion is like hyper zoning I use as part of daily functioning. There's the one for relationships, math, TV, ATS, one just for thinking/writing about Religion, one for Politics, one for thinking about thinking (literally)

Alot of is self trained too. I used to try to think like Heiddegger or Hegel or Sartre to analyze their philosophies. And could lose alot of time in doing so without realizing it.

I'm ususally impressed with the results of the work I accomplish even if I am a little shocked by it. Like realizing I've been at work all night, and just analyzed a 500 page deck of tables and made a 70 page powerpoint presention of it with executive summary insights of hidden relationships I'd have never come to "normally."

Plus more like the orginial poster was saying, there can be physical benefits.
Like a "baseball switch" during... you know.

Or physical drawbacks.
If any of this sounds like you and you're still young... I'd seriously avoid drug and alchohol experimentation.

There's a switch for that too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join