It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Video the Progressive Left Needs to See

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
progressives are extremist who have hijacked the liberal party.

liberals want equal rights for immigrants....progressives want special rights for illegal immigrants.

liberals want equal rights for minorities...progressives want special rights for minorities.

progressives don`t want equality they just want to be in charge of deciding who gets discriminated against and who gets special rights.

As someone who generally identifies with classical liberal values, the progressives usually don't represent my values: Meritocracy, Liberty, Justice, Pluralism, Equal Rights, etc...

I'm so tired of the rush to globalism as well, central authority generally does a terrible job with resource allocation.

Perhaps this thread was accurate... Novus Ordo Seclorum

edit on 6-2-2017 by Elton because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
Whelp, he is an idiot. Redefining progressive to push the right-wing crap isnt smart. I did like how he brought up Buzzwords used to silence opposition in a video using nothing but buzzwords.

You might like this interview between Dave and Milos, where Milos, (in his view that is) pisses on not only Rubin, but Trump, and also his trolling followers,(you know, like the dedicated ones that run here) and indeed just about everyone else, while being very careful to skirt opinion on Trump voters who might just be working class, but just say that everyone is fed up with this or that, as if PC is the only thing in the book, when it's not. Anyway just listen to this pseudo intellect, but be careful, you might get catched.
However make your own mind up, is this something new, or is it barroom talk that you hear everyday. Whatever, please don't send him back here.

As a footnote, Milos previously did an interview with someone where he said he was enjoying the spectacle of Trump wrecking, now he's part of the spectacle...so is Rubin it seems.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

So many of us have been forced to the right because there simply is not room or tolerance left on the Left. It is a shame because I used to be about open discussion of ideas and now I am constantly in self-defense mode.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Elton

it`s sad that most people lump liberals and progressives into the same category when clearly there are distinct differences between them, progressives have hijacked the liberal party and are giving it a bad reputation.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

We especially need the hypocritical people, who criticize people for doing exactly what they did.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

my political beliefs have always been middle of the road, I lean left on some issues and lean right on other issues, but Both parties have become so extreme that there is no middle ground or grey area anymore.
There is a very thin line dividing the two and if you step just a little to the left of the line you are in extremist left territory and if you step just a little to the right of the line you are in extremist right territory.

the line is so thin that there is no middle ground or no mans land anymore between the 2 extremes.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
For me the mid-80s and Tipper were the clue that the liberals were switching sides. When Tipper started calling for censoring music I honestly thought she'd be hooted out of the Democrat party because Liberals don't do that sort of thing. So I hung in there with the Dems until Bill Clinton got the nomination. For me, that was it. People in Arkansas knew neither Bill nor Hillary were liberals. They knew he was an abuser of women, a cheater where elections were concerned and Hillary was even worse, a defender of serial abusers.

After the election they proved that the people in Arkansas were absolutely right. Anyone who would call Robert Byrd a hero was batspit crazy or had never actually met and listened to him.

For at least 10 years, I've been arguing just what this dude is saying, this is authoritarianism that the Progressives are preaching, nothing else. Dr. King is spinning in his grave when Bill Ayers is invited to the White House. Ayers was everything Dr. King preached against.

These people would be far more comfortable in the Court of some King in a country that believes in the divine right of Kings to rule---or a theocracy where their interpretation of some sacred writings holds sway. They don't believe I have sense enough to chose which light bulb to use, which toilet to use or whether or not I want to purchase my health care directly from the provider. What is liberal about that?

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Whelp, he is an idiot. Redefining progressive to push the right-wing crap isnt smart. I did like how he brought up Buzzwords used to silence opposition in a video using nothing but buzzwords.

Thumbs up for responding to a video decrying among other things progressives use of name calling to avoid debate by calling the speaker an "idiot".

Well done!

Milos would do the same actually.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

Thumbs up for responding to a video decrying among other things progressives use of name calling to avoid debate by calling the speaker an "idiot".

Well done!

Milos would do the same actually.

I confident Milo would haven't called Rubin an idiot for this video.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I agree with this bloke - he's spot on in what he says in this vid.

He almost sounds like a Libertarian!!!

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
So from one end of the political spectrum to the other? Not much of an improvement seeing as how both ideologies have the same goal: division.

I say get rid of both and have your own personal ideology, not one whose foundation was laid before you were ever born. I make my own foundation and is based on my own personal morals which have the golden rule as their guideline.

Liberal or conservative, it doesn't make a difference because both parties feed off of one another to cause hate and division in my opinion.
edit on 2/6/2017 by LumenImagoDei because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

at first I was like this guy is so wrong then I listened like I always do and started to agree with him, I honestly found myself completely agreeing with him. good words and he is right in my eyes. good post and the video if you give it a chance you start to understand where some come from.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Nice video.

Of course it is blatant truth, so I doubt the usual progressive members here will watch it or comment.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

they don't like people like this, it's called reason, love and truth. you'll see though not everyone is a dirty bird, have many friends that don't see as I do, does that make me not their friend? nah it makes us human.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Pretty cool.
The problem with ideology is that I think people adopt one persons idea, then make adjustments that cater more to him/herself given the circumstances they face...live and let live, but if he/she makes me angry,
I might have to shoot him/her. Creating memes like progressive/liberal/independent/left/right.

To adopt a certain meme means you agree with like minded people who follow an individuals initial idea on how to go about daily activities. But when things go the way they do, that initial idea that was first adopted it then gets abandoned because of unforeseen circumstances that are uncontrollable.

Too many people are abandoning the original tradition/ideology of live and let live. Making up new memes to give the impression that they still follow the original idea. Stop it, or I'll shoot you dead.

People take an original idea and make adjustments to it that better caters to one's self, forgetting the first idea in the process...live and let live.

It's not a very popular idea anymore.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
Dave Rubin is becoming awfully popular these days, and rightfully so.
A true classical liberal who can actually sit down and have a reasonable discussion with people on both sides of the aisle.
Not very many of us classical liberals left.
We are generally despised by the far right and left.
Here is his youtube channel if anyone wants to delve into this further.

My roommate describes me as such, a classical liberal.

In some respects, I'm left of the Democrats.

However, when it comes to identity politics, affirmative action, and a few other areas, I am totally disgusted by the mainstream liberals. And I've been in the middle of the world for over a decade: work, school, friends, etc.

I'm not sure thought that is the "left," but rather a debauched Democrat Party manipulating people to its own ends. More likely, the whole thing is being manipulated by powerful people.

However, it's hard to go "conservative" when the many conservatives and policies are also insane or just misinformed in their own right.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei
So from one end of the political spectrum to the other? Not much of an improvement seeing as how both ideologies have the same goal: division.

I say get rid of both and have your own personal ideology, not one whose foundation was laid before you were ever born. I make my own foundation and is based on my own personal morals which have the golden rule as their guideline.

Liberal or conservative, it doesn't make a difference because both parties feed off of one another to cause hate and division in my opinion.

Agreed. I'm a left-leaning true independent. But the mainstream of both sides disgusts me.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Dave Rubin is fantastic. He was on the Young Turks and got fed up with their hypocrisy and inability to have a reasonable discussion.

Rubin has a talk show on Youtube called the Rubin Report that is awesome. He interviews people from all political spectrum, and has well reasoned discussions with his guest. I highly recommend it.

The thing is, Rubin is still a classical liberal, and would consider himself on the left. Yet the intolerance of the new "regressive left" (I believe Rubin coined that term) has driven him toward the right.

This is happening to many true liberals, who are seeing their ideology and the Democratic party taken over by intolerant cultist who label anyone with a different opinion as a racist or bigot.

Voices like Rubin's not only bring both sides together in a dialogue, but will be necessary in finally getting the intolerant faction on the left out of power and into obscurity where all intolerant ideologies belong.

Agreed, that is happening to me as we write. But, there is a difference between classical liberal thought and leftism versus mainstream American Democrat liberalism. A rationale, reasonable observer must separate the two.

Just like, the Republican Party is also problematic and downright stupid on some policies, but not all conservatives are in that vein. Libertarians for one.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Wow. They won't touch this one it appears. The silence is revealing. I can think of a few names I don't see here. This OP would have been a great place for reasonable discussion it seems.

Regardless, I'm starting to sense a shift around here with some of the left coming back a tad center and being more open about being turned off by the militants. Their logic is responding as it were. The kind of logic in this vid.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

so let me get this right the left is disgusted by the left? now tell me why besides this guy saying what's truly on his mind and speaking from his heart? tell me why the left would still disagree with this. please it's an honest question cuz now I'm really confused.

ata cuz im a bad speller.

edit on 6-2-2017 by lighter78 because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3 >>

join