It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Parliament Speaker Vetoes Trump Visit

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: corblimeyguvnor
a reply to: Willtell

Definition of aphorism
1: a concise statement of a principle

Much like Ronseal ........ he's doing exactly what it says on the tin (or in Trumps case, what got him voted in)

You got a problem with Ronseal?

So he is or he isn't banning Muslims? That's what he said on the campaign, is he now doing that? He says he isn't which implies he isn't doing what won him the electoral vote.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: LuXTeN
a reply to: chiefsmom

Well said. These people are big babies and not behaving the way people in their position, paid to govern over a Country should be acting. Too much Whine and not enough Maturity. They shouldn't be in the positions they're in.

Their behaviour is quite frankly, disgusting.

You haven't read any of Trumps tweets then?

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Pardon the pun but the Trump will be ripping Turds the whole visit... 2million protesters trying to rip him a new one, going by the recent petition against his visit... That doesn't take into account the opportunists or rebel youth, ethnic factions to name just a few that will no doubt be beying for a piece of the Trurd....

I'm Dreameroracle and although I didn't predict because why bother?? it's a given...

This was just the youth...

Underestimating the feeling and wishes of the British People will be a fatal error....

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
This has nothing to do with how the politicians see Trump. If it was a private person who wasn't the POTUS they'd jump at the chance to meet him and try to get a donation or something, this is more to do with image. These politicians want to be part of the Anti-Trump movement and be seen as one of the people rather than realise that this guy is the freaking PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES and country that we are trying to do a trade deal with, yes we have to deal with idiots and horrible people sometimes (not that I'm calling Trump one) and the fact that The Speaker of the House has met with and had dinner with some of the biggest scumbags of this world including foreign dictators is what annoys me the most.

Oh and apparently, legally Parliament cannot veto a State Visit. All they can do is refuse the visitor a chance to speak to parliament and if I were in Trumps shoes I wouldn't want to either they all seem to be very stuck up their own backsides. Oh and a final point, If Prime Minister May had the guts she should go to Parliament and say that this is a choice that they've made and not her. That she believes Trump should be given the right to speak to Parliament, this'll at least save face with Trump.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Dwoodward85

The majority of People, MP's included don't give a rats ass about saving face with Trump... May wasn't elected, so her opinion and view points are nul and void. Ask any intelligent member of the British Public... And FYI I said intelligent, not Tory.
edit on 7-2-2017 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Bercow, hypocrite and cuckold. Really hard to respect him.

The guy was Speaker in 2011 when Obama addressed parliament. I don't remember him objecting to 3 bombs a day Nobel Peace prize holder Obama. But what else should we expect from a tax dodging, records shredding former banker and lobbyist?

Way to go Bercow, call to ban a guy for his views and ideas but welcome another despite his war-mongering actions.

edit on 7/2/2017 by teapot because: doh

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
"Right now, Trump's image globally is similar to North Korea's Kim Jong Il"

Hey, thats a bit too much! He still has a better hair cut thought...

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DreamerOracle

I wasn't talking about them saving face with Trump, I'm talking about them saving face with the people of the UK (of which I am one). They see that a large number of people, the more vocal ones or at least the ones put on television screens are screaming and crying about Trump coming over so they will join that call and stop him. As for May, because she wasn't elected doesn't matter she is our Prime Minister (sadly) and so her opinion is considered by the world as the opinion of our government and country (again sadly). And I agree with your final part about Intelligence and Tories (lacking). But I for one would sooner anyone than Corbyn. I'm a labour voter but will refuse to vote for Corbyn, of all politicians he is probably the worst for me.

I won't go into a long debate as to why I dislike Corbyn but mainly Traingate when he was proven to lie and people have ignored it and called him the only true honest person (I'm bypassing Virgin releasing CCTV etc.) he has openly said that he would never press the red button (whether a PM likes the nuclear weapons or not to tell your enemies that you'd never use them doesn't do any justice to the defence) I'd go on but it's a debate for another time.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
This is how you get the US to Leave NATO. This is how US public opinion changes on the subject.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

but if they don't like our duly elected leader then they can sod off.

You made me smile....coming from an American "They can sod off" is so British.......

www.dictionary.com... or

www.smittenbybritain.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Bercow would do well to take heed of the wise words of a previous Speaker.

"May it please your Majesty, I have neither eyes to see nor tongue to speak in this place but as the House is pleased to direct me, whose servant I am here".

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
The State visit stands.

He just won't be addressing Parliament.

I understand that - but as I said, the MOVEMENT to deny a state visit is growing and this is another brick in the action.

Well, Trump is focused on America anyway.

If Brits don't want to keep us as friends and allies that is their choice and really doesn't affect what we need to do here at home like clean up and strengthen the vetting process of immigrants and refugees, fix infrastructure and bring manufacturing home.

We shouldn't be involved in British elections and they shouldn't involve themselves in ours. It seems fair, but if they don't like our duly elected leader then they can sod off.

Time to demand repayment for all the military aid we gave the brits in WW2 then. What would the interest on that be these days i wonder hmmm.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

The State visit stands.

I understand that - but as I said, the MOVEMENT to deny a state visit is growing and this is another brick in the action.

If Brits don't want to keep us as friends and allies that is their choice and really doesn't affect what we need to do here at home like clean up and strengthen the vetting process of immigrants and refugees, fix infrastructure and bring manufacturing home.

We shouldn't be involved in British elections and they shouldn't involve themselves in ours. It seems fair, but if they don't like our duly elected leader then they can sod off.

Time to demand repayment for all the military aid we gave the brits in WW2 then. What would the interest on that be these days i wonder hmmm.

(2006), Gordon Brown cleared the war debts. We do not owe you a penny.

www.politics.co.uk...

edit on 8/2/2017 by teapot because: format

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: teapot

The State visit stands.

www.politics.co.uk...

But they didnt pay the interest though right?
Just joking. of course they did.
edit on 17000000pppm by yuppa because: lol whoopsie.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: teapot

The State visit stands.

www.politics.co.uk...

But they didnt pay the interest though right?
Just joking. of course they did.

Are you admitting the usa didnt help in ww2, but were actually just doing it for profit?

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
To borrow a phrase from the lefty talking heads constantly whining about Brexit and Trump's visit on telly.

These people shame our country. I genuinely do feel ashamed of sharing a nationality with these rentamob idiots seeking to ruin the visit of the Prez to these fair shores.

I just hope the Yanks don't think we are all such imbeciles.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Live debate in Brit Parly

www.cnn.com...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join