It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Parliament Speaker Vetoes Trump Visit

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Bercow has obviously been watching too much of the unbiased BBC NEWS

Just like my wife and her mates who have not got a clue what is actually going on, they lap up BBC like its nectar.

Can't wait for the day when we get nothing but Government Propaganda at 6pm and 10pm .......... wait!!!!

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
The one thing I don't understand, no matter how you feel about Trump?

People in power are throwing hissy fits, not much different than what they say he does.
What happened to leading by example?

For me, it is showing me that NO country has any adults in charge.

Why not try to talk to him? Hell at this point, why not threaten him? But be a damn adult about it, and do it face to face.

No, "I'm going to ban him, so I don't have to look or deal with him."

Again, NO ADULTS.

Simple... Trump has upset the Globalist World Order agenda and they will fight to keep their power.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Trump is an affront and embarrassment to civil, sane, moral people.

There’s an old saying that applies to Trump:

“There’s some people so bad the devil don’t even want him”

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Conditioned much or can you add facts?

edit on 2017-02-06T17:50:50-06:002017Mon, 06 Feb 2017 17:50:50 -0600bMonday5002America/Chicago175 by corblimeyguvnor because: video added

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: corblimeyguvnor

originally posted by: Willtell

Conditioned much or can you add facts?

Facts?

It’s an aphorism

What I can say is that with Trump many very bad people, people who did terrible things themselves, have gone after Trump, justifiably so. Therefore, one can draw a relationship to that fact and the aphorism.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Definition of aphorism
1: a concise statement of a principle

Much like Ronseal ........ he's doing exactly what it says on the tin (or in Trumps case, what got him voted in)

You got a problem with Ronseal?

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
This is one man's opinion.

Although it seems highly unlikely that Trump will make a speech in The House of Commons nothing for definite has been decided yet.

Yes, Bescow in his position as Speaker in The Commons has quite a lot of say in who gets to speak at any time but he is also receiving a lot of criticism with many believing he has over stepped his authority.

a reply to: Metallicus

If Brits don't want to keep us as friends and allies that is their choice......

?
Why would you think the UK doesn't want to be allies just because of one man's opinion?

I suspect the US is more likely to turn it's back on it's one loyal friend than the other way round!

edit on 6/2/17 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I don't think this is about the progressive left. I think it's about the globalist agenda. It's being challenged across the board and they're using every scrap of influence they can muster to fight it, including inciting the progressives to violence.

It's just rich folk and their cronies pulling strings, and they're putting up a pretty solid fight. They're losing at the moment, but I don't think they can be written off very easily.

My biggest concern is that the majority of rational voters believe they can fight with a one time vote and the governing body will respect that. Brexit is already a good example of how that isn't an immediate reality and I'm a little concerned about what happens as the stalling tactics and tirades continue.

Money vs energy isn't a fair fight, people lose interest but money works tirelessly.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   
This is really hilarious. Have you seen the behavior in British Parliament? They stand and scream over each other-calling names and throwing things?

What a bunch of phonies. Wonder how many of all those Muslims that now occupy entire cities in England are represented in their great kingdom.

Trump probably is laughing his toupee off. Like he cares.
edit on 7-2-2017 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Actually, I care a great deal, and I know that of the Britons who keep up with political affairs, it is probable that many of them do care, greatly, one way or the other. The only question which remains then, is whether or not the decision that Mr Bercow has come to in his official capacity, agrees with or conflicts with the attitudes of the politically astute, the ones who are watching, the ones who give a damn about politics one way or another.

Personally speaking, I agree with his decision. It would be supremely strange to invite a person who has no respect for parliamentary process, the independence of the judiciary, or anything that prevents him from controlling things the way he wants them, to visit and speak in our Parliament. It would be like inviting the architects of the War On Terror to a peace march. They would have no political or financial interest in the subject, so why would they attend?

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   
The Speaker will be losing his position soon. Way out of order. He has insulted America itself in diplomatic eyes.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Yes,like the pompous British have so many friends in Europe now.Good luck with brexit twats.
edit on CSTTueam2561 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawg61

Pompous Brits V Arrogant, conceited, egotistical Yanks.

Its very easy to stereotype.

We'll manage to cope with Brexit fine thanks - exactly what is your problem?

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Pompous Brits V Arrogant, conceited, egotistical Yanks.

Its very easy to stereotype.

We'll manage to cope with Brexit fine thanks - exactly what is your problem?

Hypocrisy in your statement to begin with.As for your exit strategy,there isn't any.We simply don't need your attitude.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Hypocrisy in your statement to begin with.

Please explain how?

As for your exit strategy,there isn't any.

Yes, I know.
Since becoming PM May has done absolutely nothing except spout the usual political rhetoric.
But where's the relevance to this topic?

We simply don't need your attitude.

Who is 'We'?
The USA?
And what attitude?
The attitude of one man who is being criticised for overstepping the mark by many here in the UK?

I'll repeat; What exactly is your problem?

edit on 7/2/17 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

originally posted by: chiefsmom
The one thing I don't understand, no matter how you feel about Trump?

People in power are throwing hissy fits, not much different than what they say he does.
What happened to leading by example?

For me, it is showing me that NO country has any adults in charge.

Why not try to talk to him? Hell at this point, why not threaten him? But be a damn adult about it, and do it face to face.

No, "I'm going to ban him, so I don't have to look or deal with him."

Again, NO ADULTS.

Simple... Trump has upset the Globalist World Order agenda and they will fight to keep their power.

Trump is the globalist world order. Who do you think is pushing for globalisation the most? Large corporations of course.

Who does trump stand for? Corporations.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   
When he visits, he won't get a warm welcome, America are our friends, but unfortunately you elected a Bully and a liar, so please hurry up and impeach him as he's unfit for purpose

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Well said. These people are big babies and not behaving the way people in their position, paid to govern over a Country should be acting. Too much Whine and not enough Maturity. They shouldn't be in the positions they're in.

Their behaviour is quite frankly, disgusting.
edit on 7-2-2017 by LuXTeN because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Personally speaking, I agree with his decision.

So do I , it's not a given that any leader gets to address both houses of Parliament on a State visit and when the leader in question holds the views of this prospective visitor empty seats at the event could be more embarrassing than not inviting him to speak.

Theresa May over reached when she offered the State visit , she should have offered an official visit.

Yes,like the pompous British have so many friends in Europe now.Good luck with brexit twats.

Nice.

edit on 7-2-2017 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: corblimeyguvnor
a reply to: Byrd

Bercow has obviously been watching too much of the unbiased BBC NEWS

Just like my wife and her mates who have not got a clue what is actually going on, they lap up BBC like its nectar.

Can't wait for the day when we get nothing but Government Propaganda at 6pm and 10pm .......... wait!!!!

Which bit of grabbing women by the pussy isn't sexist? Did the BBC dub his words?

Which bits of indiscriminate (and unconstitutional) banning of visa holders from certain countries - let me repeat that, banning of people who had already been vetted and approved for a visa had been banned is not racist? Or did the BBC write the Executive Order?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join