It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump’s simplistic, illogical worldview, in one tweet

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: underwerks

"Any negative polls are fake news" -Donald Trump

"Based on pre-election polls, Hillary Clinton has an 85% chance to win - The NYT, November 8th 2016

The negative polls were fake, never ever to be trusted again. CNN, MSNBC, ABC all had projections of Hillary winning by massive numbers contrary to reality.

That's why Trump won, the deplorables have had enough, and Hillary was under FBI investigation and refused to do a press conference and had a lousy platform to push the status-quo.

Oh yeah, the polls about the election results were wrong, dead wrong. But that doesn't invalidate every poll after that, no matter how much Trump wishes it would.

I'd rather err on the side of accountability, instead of putting my absolute faith in Donald Trump to tell me the truth.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

And that's why I said I don't know. I don't like to assume and I don't let history dictate the future.

The problem with the anti-trump crowd is most can't let go of anything regardless how insignificant it is.. like for example something he did 40 years ago is still being used against him.. like really?

Regardless this isn't that important to me, I just wanted to show you the root of biased thinking.

Letting events in history dictate what you think about the future and using the history of a what a person says to figure out what they mean in the present isn't the same thing.

I get what you're saying about bias, but what Trump is doing here is trying to normalize the idea that he has the "real" facts and everyone else is lying. And I think that needs to be brought out no matter how small the instance.

Thats a dangerous precedent for any president to set, and I'd think more people would be concerned about it.

Sure it can be concerning, depending who your'e asking. For me I've already accepted that Trump will be Trump. He will say exactly what he feels when he feels without filter. Did you see his interview with Bill O'Reilly? This interview opened my eyes a lot. He is fearless with his approach, frank with his honesty and his demeanor tells me he knows exactly what he is doing. The notion of him blindly winging it like some idiot is really silly. He is quite intelligent and only an ignorant person will disagree.

Also I don't think he's trying to say, I got the real facts and everyone is lying, but rather, I know the truth they don't want you to know.

Sure there might be some "alternative-facts" here and there but you also have to acknowledge all the false narratives against him. Politics is a dirty game where nobody is innocent, but one thing I do know is Trump actually does have America's best interest at heart. I can't say that about the others though.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

And that's why I said I don't know. I don't like to assume and I don't let history dictate the future.

The problem with the anti-trump crowd is most can't let go of anything regardless how insignificant it is.. like for example something he did 40 years ago is still being used against him.. like really?

Regardless this isn't that important to me, I just wanted to show you the root of biased thinking.

Letting events in history dictate what you think about the future and using the history of a what a person says to figure out what they mean in the present isn't the same thing.

I get what you're saying about bias, but what Trump is doing here is trying to normalize the idea that he has the "real" facts and everyone else is lying. And I think that needs to be brought out no matter how small the instance.

Thats a dangerous precedent for any president to set, and I'd think more people would be concerned about it.

Sure it can be concerning, depending who your'e asking. For me I've already accepted that Trump will be Trump. He will say exactly what he feels when he feels without filter. Did you see his interview with Bill O'Reilly? This interview opened my eyes a lot. He is fearless with his approach, frank with his honesty and his demeanor tells me he knows exactly what he is doing. The notion of him blindly winging it like some idiot is really silly. He is quite intelligent and only an ignorant person will disagree.

Also I don't think he's trying to say, I got the real facts and everyone is lying, but rather, I know the truth they don't want you to know.

Sure there might be some "alternative-facts" here and there but you also have to acknowledge all the false narratives against him. Politics is a dirty game where nobody is innocent, but one thing I do know is Trump actually does have America's best interest at heart. I can't say that about the others though.

I don't get that at all from Trump. He's a hustler, a con man, it's like I'm being sold a vacuum cleaner every time I hear him talk. His brashness, his arrogance, is his bluff. That's when I know he has no idea.

And being lied about doesn't make it ok to lie. By not calling this type of thing out you're handing him the keys to be arbiter of what's real and what isn't.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Those are all your biases speaking for you, and that's fine, we are both entitled to our opinions.
You will see what your mind wants to see and I trust my intuition. Only time will tell right?

I'm curious though, what lies has he said that stick out the most to you? Or has effected you the most?

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

but one thing I do know is Trump actually does have America's best interest at heart.

I am still not sure if it's every citizen's American or just his and a few others America.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

but one thing I do know is Trump actually does have America's best interest at heart.

I am still not sure if it's every citizen's American or just his and a few others America.

When I said America I didn't mean you, me, him or her, but America itself. You cannot deny he loves America and is actually quite patriotic about it. You can't please everyone and he knows that, so why not focus on America and whatever that entails so be it?

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Every citizen is America. Not saying everyone can be pleased but it should be in the interest of the majority and not limited to a select few or corporations and the MIC, for instance.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

"Based on pre-election polls, Hillary Clinton has an 85% chance to win - The NYT, November 8th 2016

The negative polls were fake, never ever to be trusted again. CNN, MSNBC, ABC all had projections of Hillary winning by massive numbers contrary to reality.

That's why Trump won, the deplorables have had enough, and Hillary was under FBI investigation and refused to do a press conference and had a lousy platform to push the status-quo.

You can have a 15% chance of winning, and win. It's not probable, but it is possible.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Every citizen is America. Not saying everyone can be pleased but it should be in the interest of the majority and not limited to a select few or corporations and the MIC, for instance.

The problem with that is the majority have been brainwashed into believing what they "think" they want and on top of that they will be against anything Trump does regardless. I'm sure by now you are aware of the hypocrisy from the left when it comes to certain policies. It's a lose-lose for Trump, the left don't care about what's right (pun intended), they just want Trump gone.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Could be true but it's not about Trump staying or going. It's about Trumps idea of America first.

The other side wants the also president gone when it's party is not in office.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Don't be fooled into believing the other party has any better intentions than Trump. That's all I can say..
edit on 6-2-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

a reply to: roadgravel

Don't be fooled into believing the other party has any better intentions than Trump. That's all I can say..

I understand that point. I'm not viewing this as a partisan issue. I would have said the same if Trump ran as a dem.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
HHAHA seriously it takes a gelatinous person to think that in the USA Trump is the simplistic, illogical world view that is the cause for the third world.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

He's not wrong in the context in which he made this statement. The majority of Americans want our borders secure and support the immigration moratorium.

How do you know the majority of Americans support his immigration EO? And not just Trumps supporters?

The new messiah approved polls said so. These rubes are just eating up everything he dishes out.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Drumpf and his Trumpanzees are such delicate snowflakes. They have to keep telling each other lies to make themselves feel better. How very, very sad.
Maybe he can address the fake polls during his speech at the "Bowling Greene Massacre" memorial.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Why do Trump supporters not question anything Trump does or says at all? Seriously every single thing he says they automatically defend it.
edit on 7-2-2017 by idiedinatimemachine because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Does anything else really have to be said? Or can we agree that this man's take on reality when it's something he doesn't agree with isn't reality at all.

President Trump has finally admitted to his overarching theory about which polls are right and which ones are wrong. And it's very simple: Polls that are bad for Trump = wrong This isn't much of a surprise; Trump has been bashing any poll that is bad for him and praising any poll that is good for him — no matter how dubious the quality — for as long as he's been a politician. But few politicians would cop to this approach so directly.

"Any negative polls are fake news." This is Trump signaling to his supporters that they are to dismiss any bad news about him. Never mind the methodology of a given poll or how Trump is actually doing as president; if something is negative, it has to be wrong. This is at once a completely Trump worldview and also one that would get any student taking Statistics 101 a failing grade. Trump insists in his next tweet that he relies on the “accumulation of data” to make his decisions, but in this tweet, he is expressing contempt for any data that don't fit his preconceived notions or desires.

But his approach just has no basis in logic. It's almost alogical, rather than illogical. It's also allowing for Trump to do basically anything and claim a vast conspiracy against him by pollsters when they show people don't like it. Unemployment could skyrocket and Trump could start World War III by accident, and the polls showing him unpopular would just be “fake news.” There is no limit to the power Trump is attempting to assert when it comes to leading his base.

www.washingtonpost.com... s

How do you rationalize this? Instantly believing anything negative about what you're doing is fake? The President having his own version of reality is a dangerous thing to me. If you believe it's ok, why? I'm genuinely curious why this would be ok with people.

How are threads like yours getting flags and stars? Are people here totally loosing the plot, seems so. I keep seeing threads like this keep getting flags and probably from users that are total lefties that see a thread like this and sign into their multiple accounts to click them to the top of the pile.

The President, Trump is right about fake news. It is not ALL news about him that he deems fake news, he is finally putting the point out to people that news in general cannot be trusted. Most news channels like CNN and FOX NEWS are false, backed by billionaires and paid to sell their version of the truth. If you think this does not happen then you really are shoving your head in the sand. It DOES happen, people are LIED to be the NEWS. This is fact and finally their is someone in power, which is the reason Trump is so proud to be where he is because now he finally has the platform to show the world how corrupt and bent the news is.

You can thank all those that voted him in for saving America in 5 years, right now keep jumping on the very easy bandwagon like every other lefty. If Hilary would have got in, you would have seen world war 3 fact as she was ready to go to war and to war because of her backers wanting to see the world burn. George Soros being one of them.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
I am getting popcorn ready and some gentleman's jack ready for this one. Love it when Trump supporters think they know everybodys opinion. Funny fact....If you look at the breakdown of county by county red vs blue you will notice that most county's with a good collage went blue. For example Cleveland county in Oklahoma went blue and that is the home of the Sooners.So the way I look at it the younger ones going through collage went blue and mostly the Burns is where their support went. Higher education comes to mind when the reality of this fact comes to mind. a reply to: underwerks

It's a shame more folks on the left didn't go to a good "collage".

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   

This is how you rationalize it. Opinions about opinions are just as valid as the original opinion. "Negative" does not equal "true". "Fake" about an opinion is true if the opinion is being told as if the opinion is news fact. News facts are Donald Trump spoke in this city on this day. Saying Trump is a racist is an opinion no different than people who have strong opinions about minorities.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

It would seem as though you are the one who instantly accepted cnn's story. Did you even look at the polls numbers?

Why I believe people don't support the immigration ban has nothing to do with this poll or any others. It has to do with widespread anger about it.

Trump classifying opposition to his ideas as fake is what I'm concerned about.
With the rhetoric of a muslim ban being repeated over and over, it does seem to make it a fake point of view.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join