It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump’s simplistic, illogical worldview, in one tweet

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: bender151
a reply to: underwerks

Additionally, if you're going to criticize someone for being simplistic and illogical, it's probably best to quote their entire statement in context. Ironic that you share an article doing the very thing he's criticizing them of doing, and you shockingly had no problem buying it completely. So, perhaps the broader, unintentional, reach of your post here is that you're just as unreliable.

The entire tweet is in the link in the OP. Its not my fault if people blindly respond without reading the source.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Here's a link to his full tweet for context.
twitter.com...

Any negative polls are fake news, just like the CNN, ABC, NBC polls in the election. Sorry, people want border security and extreme vetting.

Context is a thing of beauty. Who quotes a single clause while leaving out the rest of the sentence? It's quote mining. Thank you for doing that.

It still means the exact same thing. The first part is a statement, and the second is comparing that statement to what Trump thinks of as "fake news" in regards to the polls.

It is clear he is talking about the negative polls in regards to his immigration ban, which is emphasized by his next sentence. And yes, the polls during the election were dead wrong.

I agree, the polls about the election were way off. But I don't believe a majority of Americans support his immigration EO. And thinking that any reports of people not supporting it are fake, is just, well, asinine.

Note the differences between this poll and CNNs poll. CNN's poll is riddled with loaded questions for one.

Polls can be right or wrong given a number of factors. This isn't about whether this one particular poll is right or wrong, Trump didn't say this one particular poll was fake, he said ANY poll showing negatives is fake.

This is what he tweeted.

Any negative polls are fake news, just like the CNN, ABC, NBC polls in the election. Sorry, people want border security and extreme vetting.

I'm well aware of what he tweeted. And the widespread anger and discontent about his immigration ban isn't fake, as he's saying here.

He's saying here:

Nothing about the protests or discontent, which when compared to the entire population of the country, makes up a tiny amount of Americans.

He's talking about the opposition to his immigration ban. Do you agree?

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

twitter.com...

Context is a thing of beauty. Who quotes a single clause while leaving out the rest of the sentence? It's quote mining. Thank you for doing that.

It still means the exact same thing. The first part is a statement, and the second is comparing that statement to what Trump thinks of as "fake news" in regards to the polls.

It is clear he is talking about the negative polls in regards to his immigration ban, which is emphasized by his next sentence. And yes, the polls during the election were dead wrong.

I agree, the polls about the election were way off. But I don't believe a majority of Americans support his immigration EO. And thinking that any reports of people not supporting it are fake, is just, well, asinine.

Note the differences between this poll and CNNs poll. CNN's poll is riddled with loaded questions for one.

Polls can be right or wrong given a number of factors. This isn't about whether this one particular poll is right or wrong, Trump didn't say this one particular poll was fake, he said ANY poll showing negatives is fake.

This is what he tweeted.

I'm well aware of what he tweeted. And the widespread anger and discontent about his immigration ban isn't fake, as he's saying here.

He's saying here:

Nothing about the protests or discontent, which when compared to the entire population of the country, makes up a tiny amount of Americans.

No. He's talking about the negative polls of his immigration plan.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

twitter.com...

This is what he tweeted.

He's saying here:

No. He's talking about the negative polls of his immigration plan.

And what are the polls about?

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
This explains Kelly Anne Conway, a poll company person, and her alternate facts.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
CNN, ABC and NBC polls are fake news.

Or have people already forgotten their laughable election predictions?

No so laughable when you consider exit poles, and more individuals voted for Clinton than Donald.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Your OP was so out of context and you were reaching so far that your OP almost turned into fake news.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Your OP was so out of context and you were reaching so far that your OP almost turned into fake news.

How is it out of context? I don't believe any polls showing the opposition to Trump's immigration ban are instantly false. That's what the OP is about if you bothered to actually read the link in the OP.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

The worst case is when cults outlive their leader. Even though Clinton has lost any chance at the big seat, she still has hordes of hyper-sensitized zealots that refuse to let go. It reminds me of the stories of Nazis fleeing to South America and setting up their own little Nazi villages, almost in denial that they lost the war.

While that may not be the worst case scenario, I do agree that Clinton relied upon Machiavellian techniques in her pursuit of power. She suckered women by being a woman, she suckered liberals, though not a liberal herself, with liberal slogans and rhetoric. She relied on her name and the credentials they supplied her. Indeed I have little doubt that she was under the impression that she was part of a dynasty that was to be the foundation of future society.

But none of that is the issue here in this thread or at this point the main issue that our nation faces.
That issue as I see it is whether or not Trump holds the same self delusions. Many of us think he does, all the while not denying that Clinton is of the same cloth.

The wonder to me, and one that leads me to my evaluation of Trump and his supporters is the degree to which they will rationalize and excuse his blatant displays of self aggrandizement, of his statements of such superiority that have littered his public speeches through out his political life.

Clinton has the political sense to at least try to mask her desire for power. Trump does not. He is a self centered, ego-maniac with a delusional belief in his own superiority.

And while I get your allusion to the Nazi's tripping off to South America to fashion their own little Reichs after the war with the continued belief of liberals in their own superiority, I see no wisdom at all in holding Trump to the same scrutiny.

As for the real worst case, to me it is that the cult leader does win the election and his cult following ignores the similarities between him and themselves, and the evil doers they have just defeated.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I wouldn't say all negative polls are false, but I wouldn't disagree with Trump either, given the polls history.

Your OP was actually trying to insinuate anything negative Trump will be labeled fake news. Which is way out of context compared to, any negative polls against the immigration ban is fake news. Huge difference and the fact that you cut most of the tweet and I would have to read the link to get full context, your OP therefore is out of context.
edit on 6-2-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I wouldn't say all negative polls are false either, but I wouldn't disagree with Trump either, given the polls history.

Your OP was actually trying to insinuate anything negative Trump will be labeled fake news. Which is way out of context compared to, any negative polls against the immigration ban is fake news. Huge difference and the fact that you cut most of the tweet and I would have to read the link to get full context, your OP therefore is out of context.

No, everything I've written here is based on the assumption that the people responding actually read the article I linked. Maybe I shouldn't have assumed people would read the source article before posting.

And yes, I believe that anything Trump see's as being reported negative about him he will classify as "fake" like he's doing here. That's what he's done up to this point, but this is the first time he's ever made it explicitly known.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
This explains Kelly Anne Conway, a poll company person, and her alternate facts.

Do You mean these 'alternative facts' that did not come from a polling company ?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I wouldn't say all negative polls are false either, but I wouldn't disagree with Trump either, given the polls history.

No, everything I've written here is based on the assumption that the people responding actually read the article I linked. Maybe I shouldn't have assumed people would read the source article before posting.

And yes, I believe that anything Trump see's as being reported negative about him he will classify as "fake" like he's doing here. That's what he's done up to this point, but this is the first time he's ever made it explicitly known.

Well then your bias is quite clear, because even all the things you quoted were out of context. Reading through your entire OP for the first time I had no clue it was about immigration until somebody else posted the entire tweet.

If you wanted a fair assessment of your OP you should've been fair with your point of view, but instead you conveniently selected what you wanted to portray, which is anything anti-trump is fake.

Even your title is insinuating the same thing.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Sooo this thread belongs in the fake news/triggered bin I'm guessing?
Okay...
Moving on...

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Well then your bias is quite clear, because even all the things you quoted were out of context. Reading through your entire OP for the first time I had no clue it was about immigration until somebody else posted the entire tweet.

If you wanted a fair assessment of your OP you should've been fair with your point of view, but instead you conveniently selected what you wanted to portray, which is anything anti-trump is fake.

Even your title is insinuating the same thing.

The title is the title of the source article, as per ATS T&C.

I am fair with my point of view. My opinion is based on what Trump has done and said up to this point. If you have something else to form an opinion on I'm all ears.

How did you not know it was about immigration if you read the link? If you don't actually read the source article before responding, you probably shouldn't respond. If you don't read the article the post is about, how can you expect to know what the post is about in totality? That's intellectual laziness on the part of the responders, and not on me.

The part from the tweet I started the OP with is the important part to me, and what I wanted to talk about. There is widespread opposition to Trumps immigration EO, but ANY polls showing that are considered fake by him.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I am fair with my point of view. My opinion is based on what Trump has done and said up to this point.

Aka I already have preconceived beliefs of said subject, aka bias.

Look you are entitled to your opinion, I'm not disputing that. Sure it's my fault I skipped the link because everything else I read up to that point (which was about 80% of your entire OP), I kind of already got it.. (minus the most important part)

As for the topic itself, I can't say either or that it's true or false. But if I would use history to help me dictate (aka bias), all those polls have been proven to be fake before so I'm just going to assume everything from now on will be fake. See how that works?

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I am fair with my point of view. My opinion is based on what Trump has done and said up to this point.

But if I would use history to help me dictate (aka bias), all those polls have been proven to be fake before so I'm just going to assume everything from now on will be fake. See how that works?

If every poll up to this point was proven false, you'd have a point. But that's not reality.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

And that's why I said I don't know. I don't like to assume and I don't let history dictate the future.

The problem with the anti-trump crowd is most can't let go of anything regardless how insignificant it is.. like for example something he did 40 years ago is still being used against him.. like really?

Regardless this isn't that important to me, I just wanted to show you the root of biased thinking.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

And that's why I said I don't know. I don't like to assume and I don't let history dictate the future.

The problem with the anti-trump crowd is most can't let go of anything regardless how insignificant it is.. like for example something he did 40 years ago is still being used against him.. like really?

Regardless this isn't that important to me, I just wanted to show you the root of biased thinking.

Letting events in history dictate what you think about the future and using the history of a what a person says to figure out what they mean in the present isn't the same thing.

I get what you're saying about bias, but what Trump is doing here is trying to normalize the idea that he has the "real" facts and everyone else is lying. And I think that needs to be brought out no matter how small the instance.

Thats a dangerous precedent for any president to set, and I'd think more people would be concerned about it.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

"Any negative polls are fake news" -Donald Trump

"Based on pre-election polls, Hillary Clinton has an 85% chance to win - The NYT, November 8th 2016

The negative polls were fake, never ever to be trusted again. CNN, MSNBC, ABC all had projections of Hillary winning by massive numbers contrary to reality.

That's why Trump won, the deplorables have had enough, and Hillary was under FBI investigation and refused to do a press conference and had a lousy platform to push the status-quo.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join