It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump’s simplistic, illogical worldview, in one tweet

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: underwerks

When the MSM goes out it's way to oversample to get the desired results, that is dishonest!

Here is an example of a poll from CNN. So President Trump isn't all wrong!

Trump May Be Correct: CNN's Latest Immigration Poll Includes Aggressive "Oversample"

Lol. Yea. That sums it up pretty nicely. They probably have those 1002 people on speed dial. I'm surprised they didn't say 102% of all Americans.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

It would seem as though you are the one who instantly accepted cnn's story. Did you even look at the polls numbers?

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

No problem. One of my brothers & I have started keeping tabs on his tweets for this exact reason. If real lives weren't at stake, his twitter feed would be entertainment gold.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

He's not wrong in the context in which he made this statement. The majority of Americans want our borders secure and support the immigration moratorium.

How do you know the majority of Americans support his immigration EO? And not just Trumps supporters?

....and they will support a military style police to bring law and order to Chicago which will have to spread to other cities so that they too can benefit,of course all Muslims must be registered and blamed for all societal ills,...yes you could have a successful coup against the people for the Rothschilds,MIC and Wall Street now and the media which has wasted its capital of integrity wont be able to do a damn thing about it.Hes definitely got the team for a junta.

I actually support Trump and wish him well but if he is just another puppet,which unfortunately his foreign policy is suggesting America could be in deep trouble.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Here's a link to his full tweet for context.
twitter.com...

Any negative polls are fake news, just like the CNN, ABC, NBC polls in the election. Sorry, people want border security and extreme vetting.

Context is a thing of beauty. Who quotes a single clause while leaving out the rest of the sentence? It's quote mining. Thank you for doing that.

It still means the exact same thing. The first part is a statement, and the second is comparing that statement to what Trump thinks of as "fake news" in regards to the polls.

It is clear he is talking about the negative polls in regards to his immigration ban, which is emphasized by his next sentence. And yes, the polls during the election were dead wrong.

I agree, the polls about the election were way off. But I don't believe a majority of Americans support his immigration EO. And thinking that any reports of people not supporting it are fake, is just, well, asinine.

Note the differences between this poll and CNNs poll. CNN's poll is riddled with loaded questions for one.

edit on 6-2-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

It would seem as though you are the one who instantly accepted cnn's story. Did you even look at the polls numbers?

Why I believe people don't support the immigration ban has nothing to do with this poll or any others. It has to do with widespread anger about it.

Trump classifying opposition to his ideas as fake is what I'm concerned about.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
CNN, ABC and NBC polls are fake news.

Or have people already forgotten their laughable election predictions?

Use flawed polling method to promote your guy
React in utter shock and disbelief when the other guy wins
Use same flawed polling method to show no one likes the other guy
React in utter shock and disbelief when no one believes you

It's no wonder the Repubs control congress, senate, and soon the SCOTUS.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevenjames15

You're assertions need more explaining.

First of all, Hillary won the popular vote because of California. If you exclude California from the equation then Trump won the popular vote.

Many of us believe that in California and other states with laxed voter ID/registration that there were people not authorized to vote that voted. Such as people in this country illegally, felons who's voting rights have been revoked, and even the deceased.

Of course, until any investigation takes places with oversight, this is all speculation.

Now to your point about the polls being right, I would ask, which ones?

Even if every vote cast to Hillary in CA was legit and we go by the 'she won by 3 million' standard, polls in the final weeks that showed Hillary up by as much as 5 and even 10 points would still have been inaccurate as 3 million ahead in popular votes wouldn't be a big enough margin to equate to a 5-10 point lead.

The other thing that needs to be mentioned is how many polls showed a 5 point dip in Hillary's lead after Comey reopened the investigation. This was shocking to me, as it would suggest that voters who've identified with Hillary all throughout her campaign and every scandal that happened would suddenly throw all of their convictions out the window because the FBI announced that there was some more evidence to review.

Who are all these millions of wishy washy voters? I have a hard time believing that somebody who stuck by Hillary all throughout her email investigation, all throughout the rigged primaries, and all throughout the onslaught of Wikileaks, would just suddenly have a change of heart because of some emails found on Weiner's laptop. To me, this suggests the pollsters were intentionally manipulating Hillary's lead by trying to get the polls to reflect how they believed the public would react to the FBI reopening an investigation. Something about that seems very off.

And finally, as it has been discussed here many many times, there are plenty of examples of evidence that show an active collusion between polling companies and the Clinton campaign. My personal favorite was the email Podesta sent to Schmitt (CEO for Google) explaining how to oversample democrats in a Google stat based poll.

All of this needs to be addressed and quite frankly I would like to see more discussion about some of these polling anomalies from people familiar with their processes.

edit on 2/6/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I am getting popcorn ready and some gentleman's jack ready for this one. Love it when Trump supporters think they know everybodys opinion. Funny fact....If you look at the breakdown of county by county red vs blue you will notice that most county's with a good collage went blue. For example Cleveland county in Oklahoma went blue and that is the home of the Sooners.So the way I look at it the younger ones going through collage went blue and mostly the Burns is where their support went. Higher education comes to mind when the reality of this fact comes to mind. a reply to: underwerks

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

twitter.com...

Any negative polls are fake news, just like the CNN, ABC, NBC polls in the election. Sorry, people want border security and extreme vetting.

Context is a thing of beauty. Who quotes a single clause while leaving out the rest of the sentence? It's quote mining. Thank you for doing that.

It still means the exact same thing. The first part is a statement, and the second is comparing that statement to what Trump thinks of as "fake news" in regards to the polls.

It is clear he is talking about the negative polls in regards to his immigration ban, which is emphasized by his next sentence. And yes, the polls during the election were dead wrong.

I agree, the polls about the election were way off. But I don't believe a majority of Americans support his immigration EO. And thinking that any reports of people not supporting it are fake, is just, well, asinine.

Note the differences between this poll and CNNs poll. CNN's poll is riddled with loaded questions for one.

Polls can be right or wrong given a number of factors. This isn't about whether this one particular poll is right or wrong, Trump didn't say this one particular poll was fake, he said ANY poll showing negatives is fake.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Cults work this way. Anything that disagrees with the cult leader, the guru, the guiding light, is wrong. Because the 'leader' has a tight grip on how things 'REALLY ARE'' all else must stem from falseness that the 'leader' has overcome, has seen through, has risen above.

And in followers, the desire to also be free of that falseness, in their desire to 'save themselves' and in many cases 'save the nation or the world' they are willing and eager to defend, to rationalize and to excuse all of these telltale signs ego mania.

Cult leaders allow no negative input into the cults proscribed ideology. If it does not fit with the message of the cult and the disposition of the cult leader it is wrong.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

If the majority did not want this Trump would have never been elected.

He said he was going to do this.

So any negative polls will be fake.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Cults work this way. Anything that disagrees with the cult leader, the guru, the guiding light, is wrong. Because the 'leader' has a tight grip on how things 'REALLY ARE'' all else must stem from falseness that the 'leader' has overcome, has seen through, has risen above.

And in followers, the desire to also be free of that falseness, in their desire to 'save themselves' and in many cases 'save the nation or the world' they are willing and eager to defend, to rationalize and to excuse all of these telltale signs ego mania.

Cult leaders allow no negative input into the cults proscribed ideology. If it does not fit with the message of the cult and the disposition of the cult leader it is wrong.

The worst case is when cults outlive their leader. Even though Clinton has lost any chance at the big seat, she still has hordes of hyper-sensitized zealots that refuse to let go. It reminds me of the stories of Nazis fleeing to South America and setting up their own little Nazi villages, almost in denial that they lost the war.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevenjames15
a reply to: Ohanka

They were actually correct. Don't forget that Trump lost the popular vote.

Is that the same popular vote where CLinton got more votes than Obama did in California ?

Please.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

twitter.com...

Polls can be right or wrong given a number of factors. This isn't about whether this one particular poll is right or wrong, Trump didn't say this one particular poll was fake, he said ANY poll showing negatives is fake.

This is what he tweeted.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

The media created this problem for themselves. I read a poll on CNN last week (sorry, not digging up a week old link) about Trump approval ratings where, if you follow a link to the source, then a link to the methodology, then to the fine print at the end, one would discover only 23% of those polled were republicans. I guess they didn't learn anything from the election. Not exactly forthcoming, are they? How's this for simplistic. Don't believe anything the media tells you, ever. Short of weather forecasts, one can do this with practically zero consequence.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

twitter.com...

This is what he tweeted.

I'm well aware of what he tweeted. And the widespread anger and discontent about his immigration ban isn't fake, as he's saying here.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Additionally, if you're going to criticize someone for being simplistic and illogical, it's probably best to quote their entire statement in context. Ironic that you share an article doing the very thing he's criticizing them of doing, and you shockingly had no problem buying it completely. So, perhaps the broader, unintentional, reach of your post here is that you're just as unreliable.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: bender151

I wouldn't even believe their weather forecasts most of the time, either.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

twitter.com...

This is what he tweeted.

I'm well aware of what he tweeted. And the widespread anger and discontent about his immigration ban isn't fake, as he's saying here.

He's saying here:

Nothing about the protests or discontent, which when compared to the entire population of the country, makes up a tiny amount of Americans.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join