It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to Be Barred From U.K. Parliament Over ‘Racism and Sexism’

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
This is a good thing. These leaders in Britain didn't learn their lesson with Brexit. The globalist cheerleaders that are in government all over the world are losing their grasp on their countries. The more hysterical that people like Bercow get, the more the average person gets irate, and will vote them out.

And let me remind people one more time of what is going on.

All of these politicians, celebrities, professors, and protestors that are so outraged, so insane over Trump halt of immigration didn't say a damn word when Obama was financing terrorists to overthrow Syria and kill innocent Muslims there.

The people are getting fed up with the fake outrages of these people. They are getting outraged for being called racist or a bigot for just wanting their elected officials to look out for them. And I think the more hysterical these globalists become, the more they will pay the political price.

I concur.

I've said elsewhere before that i never would have voted for Trump if i were American, in the same why i did not vote to leave Europe (which, for some reason, have become connected i.e. trump voters and 'brexiteers' are just racist, fascist etc scum bags) BUT, I have complete respect for the results of each of our democratic processes and fully appreciate that those who voted the way they did felt as justified in doing so as i did, and that it has nothing to do with (the majority of) them being racists or any other unsavoury label they've had slapped on them since.

Recently, I find myself rooting more and more for figures like Trump, or those proponents of brexit, not because i find myself agreeing with them at all, but because i absolutely DESPISE the bully-boy tactics of the opposition, who now seem to think that forcibly suppressing dissenting opinion, threats, abuse, intimidation and even violence are acceptable ways of conducting themselves.

I fully defend every person's right to hold their own beliefs and opinions, and to voice them, without fear of a very real and very harmful backlash, regardless of how unpalatable i might find their opinions personally. I find the current trend from the PC brigade to forcibly oppress and suppress those who's opinion's differ from theirs to be most disturbing.

The way i see it is, if America wishes to ban any group of people from entering their country, no matter who it is; it could be women, men, black people, white people, muslims or whomever, then that is absolutely nobody else's business.
Non- American's are not protected by the constitution and therefore there is no reason why they cannot make their own decisions about how they treat others beyond their borders, assuming they are not actively harming citizens of other nations.

Does a sovereign country not have the right to make it's own decisions on foreign and domestic policy, or, in this case specifically, on immigration?
When did it become the norm for other nations to feel they have a right to dictate policy for other nations?
Wasn't there a huge backlash against the Russian's recently over the fact people felt they were exercising undue influence over the US political process?

Personally, I would thoroughly disagree with any such a discriminatory measure but, if America as a country had had a candidate who had campaigned on that very issue (lets say, banning white people), and that person was then elected, i would have to say that, America, as a sovereign nation, as a democratic country, had collectively decided that that was what THEY wanted for THEIR society, and quite frankly, that is their right.
As it would then be my right (and anyone else who disagreed) to vote with their feet and wallets and to boycott America and simply have nothing further to do with them. No bans, no force, no suppression, just people choosing for themselves and the natural consequences of the choices people make.

I think this move to ban Trump from speaking is disgraceful, i think banning anyone from speaking on a public platform is disgraceful, as long as they're not advocating criminal behaviour, inciting violence or some such, then they have every right to speak. Aside from the fact there are many people in this country (and i imagine in parliament) who would like to hear him speak? Why are they not being represented?

I think that the speaker of the house is a complete tool and really ought, by virtue of his position, to remain a-political.

I think too that our country is suffering under the same ludicrous "my way or the high way" intrusive, militant PC culture as many other western nations (though we haven't quite reached the dizzying heights of violent lawlessness that the US seems to have be enjoying recently) and, sadly, i think the rise of the right is the inevitable push back.
The 'left' are losing moderate, reasonable minded people because of the hypocritical bullying authoritarianism of the PC crowd with whom (perhaps unfairly for most) they have been associated.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
*slides a King chess piece to you* Kings to you man.

That has to be one of the most reasonable, well-thought out posts I've read in just about any thread recently.

All I could follow up with that is..."ditto". Sheesh.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Wait, Obama ran the country? I thought he just delivered heartwarming speeches with a tear in his eye so American's felt safe and secure. Whilst his team quietly and conveniently allowed the ISIS machine to keep turning... It's quite refreshing that Trump turns up to the podium without any pre-written script. It's hard to tell sometimes if America wants an actionable president or one that delivers great speeches.

Anyhoo, there's certainly similar sentiment in the UK to some posts expressed here. That you can't just shutter things like Trump out of your safe space, you have to engage and try to help heal the wounds. Bercow, poor chap, doesn't know that he basically outlined the House as a safe space. Thankfully his generation don't really understand the concept of safe space yet...but many of us know how impartial and mature a safe space really is (not very much at all).

Trump honestly wouldn't need to go to houses of parliament. He can come and give a talk and address the actual people of the UK (rather than the politicians) directly at some other venue, anytime he wants, people will flock.

Bercow petition. What, you thought this latest "something to do with Trump event" wouldn't get one?

www.change.org...
edit on 7-2-2017 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I just read that John Bercow invited representatives of North Korea and Vietnam around for tea, at the expense of British tax payers!!!
order-order.com...

Again, what a total hypocrite he and his ilk are.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The more politicians/officials/establishment elite/world leaders that reject Trump, the more popular he will become.

A significant portion of Americans (and world citizens) WANT LESS globalization, and the more America is isolated - even if only because of Trump - the more pleased this portion of Americans will be and the stronger their support for Trump will become.

Hence, the slogan - Make America Great Again! & America First!

And I'm willing to bet, especially after seeing how they can impact an election (Trump's win), they will seek another candidate with similar values and ideas, whether that's in 4 or 8 years.

edit on 5926x6759America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago2 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven
The more politicians/officials/establishment elite/world leaders that reject Trump, the more popular he will become.

I think this head in the sand approach will thankfully be a losing game for Trump. Keep telling yourself it's a good sign when major institutions, scholars, academia, mass numbers of women, human rights groups and well respected individuals continually challenge and chastise Trump on issues of ethics and principles. When all MSM is the enemy, and all challenging voices are fake news... I say keep running with that, because I think this head in the sand approach is our best chance at defeating him.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

originally posted by: six67seven

I think this head in the sand approach will thankfully be a losing game for Trump. Keep telling yourself it's a good sign when major institutions, scholars, academia, mass numbers of women, human rights groups and well respected individuals continually challenge and chastise Trump on issues of ethics and principles. When all MSM is the enemy, and all challenging voices are fake news... I say keep running with that, because I think this head in the sand approach is our best chance at defeating him.

At least it's 'head in America's sand'...

...amirite?!?!?!? lol

Your best chance at defeating him left town in November - news flash - "you" already lost!

For the record, I didn't say it was a good sign, although inherently it would be for Trump.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
No one wants to hear him lower the collective IQ of the UK and The Queen isn't about to give the time of day to President Bannon's pet orangutan.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Well, uk gov banned beenie man from entering uk, banning Donald and the gang is piece of piss.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

What brought on this bit of click-bait rhetoric? Was it May's invitation to Trump? Or was this little fellow just feeling ignored by the media?

Typical behavior by politicians on both sides really---if you're feeling needy for media attention---call for a ban on something. Right now Trump seems to be a hot item. Those who say the nastiest things get re-run the most by msm.

What difference does it make if Trump speaks to their House or not? He's got Twitter so if they want to know something they can be his Twitter pals. Waa--laahh, he keeps everybody informed without having his message filtered by anyone. From the younger Trump supporters that was one of the things that appealed to them---that he actually didn't have social media writers. I don't Tweet or Twink or any of the social media stuff but even I think that's a big point in his favor.

I saw a picture of him holding hands with May. She wasn't screaming or looking frightened so I'm guessing they're getting along okay. I remember seeing pictures of George II holding hands with some middle-eastern nabob. They seemed to get along okay.

Maybe this speaker could gather a mob to greet Trump at the airport with the usual signs and chants. Really show 'em how seriously he detests the American choice of a non-politician as leader of the country.

Whatever else can truthfully be said about Donald Trump, that he can draw crowds is surely true.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pandaram
Well, uk gov banned beenie man from entering uk, banning Donald and the gang is piece of piss.

President Trump will still visit the U.K. and meet with key leaders. It's "addressing Parliament" that's being denied. I don't think he cares. Would you?

BTW.. who is "beanie man"

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Your mom..

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Pandaram

President Trump will still visit the U.K. and meet with key leaders. It's "addressing Parliament" that's being denied. I don't think he cares. Would you?

Personally he should take it as a blessing. Most of them would be asleep anyway or thinking about their next free drink in the parliamentary bar. Even the Queen and Black Rod are snubbed by the Commons so at least he's on equal footing.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015
a reply to: Profusion

I'd imagine his nutjob cult followers will angrily hammerfist keyboards and call for us to be nuked. Then they'll say something witty about tea and crumpets. Trump will say something pathetic and impulsive with all the eloquence of an aspergic virgin and that will be the end of it.

Ill take Keyboard Warriors over the left rioting.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

I will take neither thank you!

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

I said this due to she points out the nutjob cult right followers will slam the keyboard. While their nutjobs are out destroying other peoples property. I did not take offense as I am not the latter but seems preposterous making the statement about slamming a keyboard compared to destroying others property and riots.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Awesome, Trump is gonna (snub parliament and) go straight to the people in the UK by hosting a stadium event with proceeds going to our war veterans. Nice move! I swear he and his team are reading this forum sometimes

Source, BBC: www.bbc.co.uk...

Bercow is also in hot water with our government. Good. Of course, I don't want his rally to sour relations with our PM (mrs May) as it's a "snub" but it's probably the right move because it seems only the Conservatives are on board with Trump, whilst the rest of the house are not. So it'd be awkward at best, if Trump were to visit Parliament.
edit on 12-2-2017 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: markymint
Awesome, Trump is gonna (snub parliament and) go straight to the people in the UK by hosting a stadium event with proceeds going to our war veterans. Nice move! I swear he and his team are reading this forum sometimes

Source, BBC: www.bbc.co.uk...

Bercow is also in hot water with our government. Good. Of course, I don't want his rally to sour relations with our PM (mrs May) as it's a "snub" but it's probably the right move because it seems only the Conservatives are on board with Trump, whilst the rest of the house are not. So it'd be awkward at best, if Trump were to visit Parliament.

If true, that's bloody genius.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Hey, not sure if it's mentioned elsewhere but just to note as an update to this thread: A petition with over 300,000 signatures about Trump being allowed to visit Parliament got a Government response (see below) though I think it says it's being debated on 20 Feb. Still, a pertinent response. Impartiality acknowledged? I suppose that depends on which side of the fence you sit with Trump and our UK Gov.

Government responded

HM Government believes the President of the United States should be extended the full courtesy of a State Visit. We look forward to welcoming President Trump once dates and arrangements are finalised.

petition.parliament.uk...

Of course, I can't myself go to parliament. So I hope he still does a UK rally elsewhere and I think the suggestion of him doing it in a more Brexit-friendly area of the country (compared to London, lol) is just fine.
edit on 15-2-2017 by markymint because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join