It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to Be Barred From U.K. Parliament Over ‘Racism and Sexism’

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
a reply to: LSU0408

No. 5 on your list should read:-

Saudi Arabia, if you haven't noticed, are the major benefactors of these Islamic Terrorist groups, such as Daesh.

Just saying.

Like you, I'm surprised more aren't on the list... Syed Farooq, the Chicago born Sunni muslim that declared allegiance to ISIS and killed the people in San Bernardino, CA, met a girl over the internet in Saudi Arabia and when he went to meet her there, he was radicalized.

I believe Hillary Clinton had a leaked email hoping, after she'd learned of this shooting, that the shooter's name was Chris and that it wasn't a muslim.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Its nothing partisian,Bercow is meant to be a Conservative,but his wife is a hardcore liberal.
She towers over the little dwarf by about 6 inches,guess we know who wears the trousers in their house.
edit on 6/2/2017 by glen200376 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I really wish we had just banned him from entering full stop.

Just issued some statement saying that while the UK still wants to maintain our "special relationship" (LOL) with the united states and respect the office of president (LOL) due to comments made by Trump and his unpopularity in the UK he is not welcome.

But how do you know the majority of the people find him unpopular?

Is it from the same sources that told you that the overwhelming majority of people found Brexit unpopular?

Hard to say really.

Its mostly anecdotal, I have not yet spoke to a person who likes him, there are almost 2 million who have signed a petition against his visit and there have been protests out on the streets against him yet i have seen almost zero support for him.

So while yes there has not been a national referendum on should turmp visit I think that the feel around the country is that turmp is as we would say in Scotland..... A Bawbag.

I don't know what it's like over there. But where I live in the US, I keep my mouth shut about supporting Trump because a lot of leftists are crazy and would retaliate against me socially, professionally, or physically. A lot of the leftwing over here are fascists and are willing to hurt people who they disagree with -- and it's not a fringe element.
edit on 2/6/17 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: LSU0408

On any other day the news of a mob of protesters calling a Jewish man "Hitler" would cause mass outrage across the nation due to a blatant show of antisemitism.

The thing is: the squeaky wheels who are always part of the mass outrage find themselves on the side of the antisemites in this case. So they obviously get a pass.

They seem to always get a pass. That's why Trump is winning even more people over than had originally voted for him. And this guy in the UK, he's going against Trump for something only 33% of people fall in line with. Not very smart, but he'll be praised by the squeaky wheels.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: glen200376
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Its nothing partisian,Bercow is meant to be a Conservative,but his wife is a hardcore liberal.
She towers over the little dwarf by about 6 inches,guess we know who wears the trousers in their house.

DAMN! Yeah, 5 inches and that's if she's barefooted...

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Didn't the British, especially the lords,

You mean the ones that died hundreds of years ago?

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan invent modern day racism during the Imperial era?

Actually it was the Portuguese and Spanish.
We were also the first country that realised the huge mistake and spent vast resources of our royal navy trying to stop the slave trade.....decades before the US even recognised blacks where even people......

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Funny stuff... However... errr well.. to the point. Who gives a rats @$$ what parlament does or doesnt let Trump do in England. As long as I can drink with the English blokes who visit this fine city, downtown, I don't care what your government says or does. I don't think those guys I pound beers with gives 2 $#!^$ either.

Still.. I find THIS rather funny. What's that saying about glass houses and dirty laundry?

The title "How The British Royal Family Has More Drama Than Any CW Show" doesn't do the fact justice. You should give it a read. It's some seriously demented stuff coming from none other than the 'Royal" Family. Take away the names and it's no different than a typical redneck trailer park. I mean, that's how us Americans are viewed so...

Enjoy the read. I did. It was a real headslapper.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

If im being honest, the greatest hypocrisy of "The American Experiment" is the way we dole out who is and is not eligible for the inalienable rights. Even today, the argument is over whether or not foreigners are subject to our Constitutional protections. I argue that "inalienable" means just that, and use that lens to examine the situation. Of course, sovereignty makes much of the current discussion moot, but that digression aside it is a disgrace that black people in America were ever enslaved to begin with.

That it took a war to sort it out is sad. It actually didn't take a war, but thats a different topic.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Did they give a single example of this alleged racism? I'm guessing no since none of the people that make the accusation ever provide a single shred of evidence.
edit on 6-2-2017 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

but that digression aside it is a disgrace that black people in America were ever enslaved to begin with.

That it took a war to sort it out is sad. It actually didn't take a war, but thats a different topic.

They were enslaved before America was a country, and they were enslaved in other countries including in South America. They were enslaved by black Africans who captured them and then sold them off. It also wasn't just black people who were enslaved.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
My friends from the UK seem to think our politics has become 'messed up'. They regularly ask me how I've been lately because they're 'worried'. My friends from every country other than the USA tend to agree.

Such a time and place for this thread to have unanimous agreement that foreigners support Trump now, even though none of those people seemingly know me irl I guess. Gambler suggesting the world as a majority supports Trump had a nostalgic feel of the blinding holy propaganding light that got him elected.

Seems like casual Trump Supporters denial, however unlike other times, I suspect Trump is losing massive internal support at the moment over these attacks on foreign leaders and ideologies. Everyone that jumps this train to back him may find this isn't actually a winnable fight. And Trump people hate not winning.

America is a collective built of and ON diversity. Supremacists notions of any kind are void. Racism is void. This is why Trump is allowed to do these dumb things in the first place, he's been given benefit of the doubt. He's a person treated with the respect of a non-racist, as a known-racist. What more do you want? This privilege extended to every Republican? Get real.
edit on 6-2-2017 by ROBOTNINJADRAGON because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Lest we forget, that mainstream media is ruthless - and it took a knock when Trump won and came into power - but it was always going to bounce back and continue on trying to "one up" the last thing that happened (ie, the last thing it managed to orientate people towards successfully). Bercow (doesn't speak for me, even if he speaks for millions of others) is just a continuation of that abrasive narrative. He clearly likes a bit of limelight. And he probably knew such comments would give him some.

But, Americans, do not fear - he is essentially the parliamentary equivalent of Lester Holt in the presidential debates. He chairs debates, and occasionally gets pissy when people challenge the antiquated parliamentary system, or # on a rug in the actual building (Houses of Parliament), etc. A lot of Brits are on board with Trump, even if they are keeping it to themselves, and a lot of people are supportive of May (our PM) who is supportive of Trump.

My point is that the MSM and bitter parliamentarians counter attack on Trump is now in full swing. It was inevitable, you know it was going to happen on your side of the pond, same for us on this side. The judge guy in USA over-ruling Trump's immigration halt the other day has allowed someone like Bercow to bestow his personal opinions into the MSM limelight. Abrasive agenda, not a pro-active one....

Whether they can keep people engaged in their counter attack for the next 4 years or not is another question. People tire of such things, at least, those that begin to wake up certainly do. They can try, and will I'm sure succeed - for a lot of people will listen & gobble it all up. Thankfully though, it will help things click in to place for many more who will not be so easily corralled into a Trump hating pen.

How is your hate for Trump productive? Who is it productive for? Who benefits from your disdain of Trump? Did that homeless person you walked past this morning gain from your hatred of Trump? Is a vagina prime for the raping by an inner city lowlife protected simply because you hate Trump? Did that vagina get raped more because I support Trump? Don't be silly.
edit on 6-2-2017 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: markymint

Lest we forget, that mainstream media is ruthless - and it took a knock when Trump won and came into power - but it was always going to bounce back and continue on trying to "one up" the last thing that happened (ie, the last thing it managed to orientate people towards successfully).

Main stream media is in its death throes.

Most people only watch the news as a barometer to see which way it is blowing the wind. They aren't trusted and they are not believed. They are viewed as entertainment and lying propaganda machines.

But they are going to go out kicking and screaming, and will probably want to take a few bodies with them.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: BlueAjah

The media has seriously done harm to the presidency and to our country.
Their manipulative lies are having a long-standing impact.
I think that the media is truly an enemy of our country.

Absolutely they are. They pick sides and go all out. You can't stop them because it violates the freedom of speech, but they'll blame you when you get your freedom of speech silenced. I've never seen things this blatant.

Yep.
And the really sad thing is that the media lies have not only misled the uninformed in the US, the have affected opinions in other countries, as shown by this OP.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Yea we are the nutjob cult followers? She did not even win the election and her paid for cult followers are still being nutjob cult followers. Right by the fact we would destroy our own keyboard or our own things before destroying everything else and the country.
a reply to: netwarrior

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I'm sure the Parliament would be fine with the visit so long as little Barron was brought along, right?

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: RedDragon

I had a client of mine slam their fist on the table at panera bread because i said it wasn't a muslim ban. This happened about two hours ago. Later on she asked me if i was a racist because i said i didn't hate trump. I have been working with her on an art project for about two weeks and she literally will talk about trump the whole time.
edit on 6-2-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Looks like some members of Parliament are still smarting over the Brexit vote, and taking that out on Trump. Their loss. He can speak elsewhere, if needed, directly to the people there, if they are interested.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

but that digression aside it is a disgrace that black people in America were ever enslaved to begin with.

They were enslaved before America was a country, and they were enslaved in other countries including in South America. They were enslaved by black Africans who captured them and then sold them off. It also wasn't just black people who were enslaved.

I am aware of all of this.

But when you read the documents that were ratified, it becomes readily apparent that our ideals were merely a lip service to anyone other than white male property owners.

And while I personally would be ok....its not something I think provides equity for the people in general. Money should not equal voice. And nor should skin, for the very same reason.

While we can argue the merits or atrocities of indentured servitude, to just outright own someone cannot be debated. Regardless of where it happened.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Of course if Trump were into children the British elite would be just dandy with that one can suppose.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join