It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to Be Barred From U.K. Parliament Over ‘Racism and Sexism’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I say that's fine, then we will remove all our military assets from the hole of Europe. We don't need to be there anyway. Let them stand on their own.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

There are 4 million odd UKIP voters who are broadly in favour of Trump. Plus a sizeable rump of those who voted to leave the EU (17 odd million) Then there is this petition that will be debated in parliament with 300,000 sigs petition.parliament.uk...

You cannot say that Brexit voters equals Trump supporter.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

There are 4 million odd UKIP voters who are broadly in favour of Trump. Plus a sizeable rump of those who voted to leave the EU (17 odd million) Then there is this petition that will be debated in parliament with 300,000 sigs petition.parliament.uk...

Lol, nice petition... A little passive aggressive, I love it...

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Why not?

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

In 2012 John Bercow welcomed The Emir of Kuwait in Parliament saying

*Your Highness it is my privilege to welcome you here today, to our

Parliament. Your presence here today is a welcome reminder of the many

intimate ties that exist between our nations and our peoples*

According to Human Rights Watch Kuwait has a very poor record

on women's rights.

Hypocrite or what

order-order.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Well, there is a confluence of interests. Remember the hoo haa over Obama's back of the line threats? That turned a lot of Leave voters against the Dems.

Trump publicly bought into the idea of Brexit and in return, he is often seen as an extension of that same idea.

I'm not saying everyone feels that way, but a lot of leavers on twitter etc are very pro Trump indeed.

link   
Who gives a crap? The only official reason Trump would visit the UK is to address the Prime Minister or a member of the Royal Family, and I doubt Trump would reasonably expect to be on any such schedule (in my mind I pronounced it shed-jule). LOL

That guy running his mouth ... meh. I bet his breath stinks sumpin' fierce

link   
a reply to: Profusion

The media has seriously done harm to the presidency and to our country.
Their manipulative lies are having a long-standing impact.
I think that the media is truly an enemy of our country.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I don't know why, but every time I hear what are supposed to be adult members of the ruling parties, foreign or domestic, say things like that, all I can see in my minds eye is this.

I haven't check on how accurate this report is, but this is what came to mind. I am not a Trump supporter, but can we please grow up and use this wasted energy on something constructive?

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Who gives a crap? The only official reason Trump would visit the UK is to address the Prime Minister or a member of the Royal Family, and I doubt Trump would reasonably expect to be on any such schedule (in my mind I pronounced it shed-jule). LOL

That guy running his mouth ... meh. I bet his breath stinks sumpin' fierce

Bercow is an ass of the first water.

For what it's worth, I'd love the chance to see him when he comes here. I know lots of people who would too. I do think though, that the idiot anti trump nutters will cause such a stink that it will just be a quick jet in, dinner with HM and off to some other country. Quite sad really.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
This is another slightly misleading story.

Only three US Presidents have been invited to address both houses of the UK. Reagan, Clinton and Obama. It's not some automatic right.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: swedy13
When did the world turn into such drama queens? These past couple months have been startling to say the least

Trump started it.
1 - Accused of groping dozens of woman - check
2 - Talks like schoolyard bully in national media and in 3 national debates on TV - check
3 - Trash talks woman routinely in national media, even on a national TV debate - check
4 - Characterizes undocumented immigrants from mexico as "their worst"--drug smugglers, rapists, etc - check
5 - Wanted to implement a muslim registry because islam - check
6 - Explained Putin is "a good man" - check
7 - Accused of raping underage girl(s) - check
8 - Leaked tape recording exposes him giving advice on extramarital affairs and grabbing p**** - check
9 - Is proven he lied about being against the iraq war before it started - check
10 - At least 2 ghostwriters for his books come out and expose him as a sociopathic narcissist disaster who shouldn't be POTUS - check
11 - According to politifact.com, statements are at least half true 30% of the time, versus 75% for Hillary - check

And that's just a small list.
edit on 2/6/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Its mostly anecdotal, I have not yet spoke to a person who likes him, there are almost 2 million who have signed a petition against his visit and there have been protests out on the streets against him yet i have seen almost zero support for him.

I know a fair few and oddly enough they are also Brexit supporters

And NO most of the hysterical protests are feminist SJW's

Its the quiet majority sitting back and supporting Trump.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Yeah you're correct, Bercow is a total hypocrite, just like Sadiq Khan last week.
Kuwait is one of the countries that ban Israeli's into their country, yet Bercow welcomed him with open arms...

Can any of you liberals not see the hypocrisy?

Also Bercow is the Speaker of the House of Commons, a position that should stay neutral.
He needs to resign or be fired for degrading the role of the speaker.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

Do you see now how you have been misled by the media with all of these falsehoods?

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: jonnywhite

originally posted by: swedy13
When did the world turn into such drama queens? These past couple months have been startling to say the least

Trump started it.

What are we 4 now?
Oh I forgot you're all illiberals.
Sorry continue.

That list is like straight from CNN.
You may want to double check all those facts for accuracy.
edit on 6-2-2017 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Has he been barred or has he just not been invited to speak ?

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

Good luck with facts.

You'll only get denials and excuses.

The Emperor wears no clothes - - but, you have to open your eyes first to know that.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: 83Liberty
a reply to: eletheia

Yeah you're correct, Bercow is a total hypocrite, just like Sadiq Khan last week.
Kuwait is one of the countries that ban Israeli's into their country, yet Bercow welcomed him with open arms...

Can any of you liberals not see the hypocrisy?

Also Bercow is the Speaker of the House of Commons, a position that should stay neutral.
He needs to resign or be fired for degrading the role of the speaker.

Like Napoleon he's a tiny man ..... so is in dire need to keep his position.

only way he gets any notice

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

The biggest irony is when folks call him a racist and then make fun of the color of his skin.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join