It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to Be Barred From U.K. Parliament Over ‘Racism and Sexism’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

U.S. President Donald Trump must not be allowed to address the U.K. Parliament during a state visit to Britain, speaker of the House of Commons John Bercow said on Monday.

Prime Minister Theresa May invited Trump to visit the U.K. and there have been calls by lawmakers not to give the president the honor of addressing both houses of Parliament after he introduced an immigration ban on people from some majority-Muslim countries.

“Before the imposition of the migrant ban I would myself have been very strongly opposed to an address by President Trump in Westminster Hall; after the imposition I’m even more strongly opposed,” Bercow told lawmakers. “I feel very strongly our opposition to racism and sexism and our support for equality before the law and an independent judiciary are hugely important considerations in the House of Commons.”

This is a huge insult to Trump, Trump supporters, and the United States. How will Trump respond?

Will he call the U.K. Parliament a "so-called Parliament"? Will he claim that any repercussions of his lack of ability to make a speech will be the fault of the U.K. Parliament and not his own?

The fact is that as Trump becomes increasingly isolated, it will be harder to take him seriously when he attacks his detractors. That tactic only goes so far.
edit on 6-2-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

+40 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
What a load of crap.

Let's flush 80 years of relations down the crapper because of a total non-issue that isn't even true outside of the hardleft wing medias echo chamber.

Remove this clown from his position immediately. Intentional sabotage of long standing alliances.

And no, this is not, if it goes through, an insult to Trunp. It is an Insult to America itself as Trump is head of state. This is no different than refusing the Queen to speak before congress.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I'd imagine his nutjob cult followers will angrily hammerfist keyboards and call for us to be nuked. Then they'll say something witty about tea and crumpets. Trump will say something pathetic and impulsive with all the eloquence of an aspergic virgin and that will be the end of it.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
It sounds like propaganda,

This why, the relationship of the US and the UK span over 200 years, they share trade and economic relationships, they are both big trading partners, they are founders of organizations like the NATO, WTO and UN.

They relationships are deeper than many people think.

So no is not going to happen.

+23 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

We may be nutjob cult followers but thanks to us the world doesn't have to say "Madame President Clinton."

You're welcome.

..something something Boston Harbor something crumpets.

link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015

I'd imagine his nutjob cult followers will angrily hammerfist keyboards and call for us to be nuked. Then they'll say something witty about tea and crumpets. Trump will say something pathetic and impulsive with all the eloquence of an aspergic virgin and that will be the end of it.

So much irony...

+5 more 
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

Why nuke a lonely island in a cold sea? Do you know how much those things cost?

Far better to just ignore the UK parliament (and those that allow them to rule). We should leave the Middle East alone because they don't want us there. We should do the same for the UK. Political ideologies are no different from religious ones once they become radical. Neither one is willing to compromise and both are dangerous.

Good Bye England. It's been real. It's been fun. But it ain't been real fun.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
U.S. President Donald Trump must not be allowed to address the U.K. Parliament during a state visit to Britain, speaker of the House of Commons John Bercow said on Monday.

Prime Minister Theresa May invited Trump to visit the U.K. and there have been calls by lawmakers not to give the president the honor of addressing both houses of Parliament after he introduced an immigration ban on people from some majority-Muslim countries.

“Before the imposition of the migrant ban I would myself have been very strongly opposed to an address by President Trump in Westminster Hall; after the imposition I’m even more strongly opposed,” Bercow told lawmakers. “I feel very strongly our opposition to racism and sexism and our support for equality before the law and an independent judiciary are hugely important considerations in the House of Commons.”

He was invited by The British Prime Minister Theresa May and NOT

John Bercow the speaker of the of commons house .... he is not in a position to

withdraw the invitation.

John Bercow appears to suffer from *airs of grandeur.*

edit on 6-2-2017 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
When did the world turn into such drama queens? These past couple months have been startling to say the least

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

I actually quite like America and Americans, when I went to Texas I met some very cool people. I just like pushing their buttons a bit.

It is actually stupid and sad to ban a head of state over a policy that we also already enforce to an extent. Our border agency has a blacklist, they just don't admit but it's there.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Bercow is an idiot. Stopping Trump speaking to the Houses will protect the UK's opposition to Sexism and Racism just as much as letting him would damage it which is absolutely none. If he's worried that our MP's will change their stance.on these issues so readily then perhaps they shouldn't be MP's in the first place.

Do some research on Bercow, he's a nasty little troll of a man...

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The Commons wouldn't vote for Brexit either, if they weren't under party discipline. One of the bastions of political correctness.

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
F#$%, England we don't need them and their meddlers. While we're at it, kick their Rothschild interests out of the country too.

It's funny, the pedophiles don't want the sexist at parliament. Hahahahahahaha!

edit on 6-2-2017 by Geki09 because: (no reason given)

+23 more 
link   
This is a good thing. These leaders in Britain didn't learn their lesson with Brexit. The globalist cheerleaders that are in government all over the world are losing their grasp on their countries. The more hysterical that people like Bercow get, the more the average person gets irate, and will vote them out.

And let me remind people one more time of what is going on.

All of these politicians, celebrities, professors, and protestors that are so outraged, so insane over Trump halt of immigration didn't say a damn word when Obama was financing terrorists to overthrow Syria and kill innocent Muslims there.

The people are getting fed up with the fake outrages of these people. They are getting outraged for being called racist or a bigot for just wanting their elected officials to look out for them. And I think the more hysterical these globalists become, the more they will pay the political price.

link   
UK is a fake parliament.

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I say john bercow out.. how dare he speak for our nation.. who the fk dies he think he is.

Imo trump is welcome with open arms, no matter people's opinions of him, he is the leader of our closest ally on the planet..

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Geki09
F#$%, England we don't need them and their meddlers. While we're at it, kick their Rothschild interests out of the country too.

It's funny, the pedophiles don't want the sexist at parliament. Hahahahahahaha!

You sir.. are a moron..

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I really wish we had just banned him from entering full stop.

Just issued some statement saying that while the UK still wants to maintain our "special relationship" (LOL) with the united states and respect the office of president (LOL) due to comments made by Trump and his unpopularity in the UK he is not welcome.

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I really wish we had just banned him from entering full stop.

Just issued some statement saying that while the UK still wants to maintain our "special relationship" (LOL) with the united states and respect the office of president (LOL) due to comments made by Trump and his unpopularity in the UK he is not welcome.

But how do you know the majority of the people find him unpopular?

Is it from the same sources that told you that the overwhelming majority of people found Brexit unpopular?

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Maybe had he just been a paedophile they would have given him a pass?

Its amazing to me how fast "going Full retard" appears to spread around the world. If we only had more racist and sexist people like trump that have the audacity to hire a Female to lead his campaign and Black individuals to lead head of departments.

If every country is so happy to take these illegal wonderful immigrants and its such a great positive thing,then what is the problem? Just take more of them in and not worry about those who are apprehensive.

edit on 35228America/ChicagoMon, 06 Feb 2017 13:35:00 -0600000000p2842 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join