It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open Carry Dearborn Police Station James V Baker ( language warning )

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
This is definitely on the list of dumbest things I've ever seen anybody do. I saw videos where the police shot and killed for a lot less!

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: jappee

Damn.
City folks are stupid.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Man. You always play that card when you have no point left to make and it never works.

Keep trying though.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Not struggling for anything, buddy boy.

You're struggle to maintain a grip on reality is evident, though.

You may proceed with your "I gotta have the last word so I can be right!" comment now. You can declare yourself the winner in whatever world it is you're trying so hard to make up as being where this incident happened.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Man. You always play that card when you have no point left to make and it never works.

Keep trying though.

Actually personal attack is the last option of those that run out of argument.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
It is possible to use the sling to remove the weapon in a non threatening move.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
black people: do not do try this.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Echo007
The police overacted, did he have the AK in his hands... no he didn't. It's not illegal (in his state) to walk into a police station with a firearm in a HOLSTER or a rifle slung over your shoulder.

Can you please provide a link?

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

lets ignore the firearms for one second

and look at the " logic " of :

man walks into a police station with his identity concealed - with the alledged intent of making a complaint that will require him to reveal his identity

like i say - ignore the firearm - and think about it

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

lets ignore the firearms for one second

and look at the " logic " of :

man walks into a police station with his identity concealed - with the alledged intent of making a complaint that will require him to reveal his identity

like i say - ignore the firearm - and think about it

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

On Monday, the Dearborn Police Department and a statewide open carry group condemned the two men’s action as irresponsible and reckless.

“I find this behavior totally unacceptable and irresponsible," Police Chief Ronald Haddad said in a statement Monday afternoon. "This is not a 2nd Amendment issue for me. We had members of the public in our lobby that fled in fear for their safety as these men entered our building."
Baker is charged with breaching the peace, failure to cooperate with police and masking his identity by obscuring his face when he walked into the station. He has not been arraigned on the charges, which are misdemeanors.

Vreeland is charged with breaching the peace, obstructing police and failure to cooperate. Both men are free on $1,500 bond while they await arraignment on the charges.

www.freep.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I see stupid still hasn't been cured yet .

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I'm for open carry.
This guy is an idiot. This is how you get open carry laws changed for the worse.

It is a courtesy to let the police district know that you are going to perform an open carry. They will get 911 calls.

It is a good thing people call 911 when people are open carrying down the sidewalk in the city. It shows people are looking out for their community.
It's called context. It why during deer season, people do not call the police when hunters are open carrying down a dirt road.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I'm not taking a stand on either side because those guys are idiots however just having a gun in this country where it is your right should be grounds to have weapons drawn on you.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Well actually if you listen to the audio and read the story when he says "im not touching it" he is talking about the Glock 19 that he had holstered on his hip. Also if you read the story these two idiots were pulled over earlier in the day because concerned citizens witnessed them loading the magazines for the firearms they had in a parking lot of a walmart, donning the ballistic vest and the head covers.

It wasn't the mere presence of the firearms that brought the cause for alarm...it was the fact that the police received numerous phone calls about these two walking up to the station dressed as they were with the firearms. I don't know about you but I work as a LEO and at the end of the day I like going home to my family, these officers did a great job de-escalating a situation that could have turned out a lot worse for all parties involved. Fact of the matter is these two are very lucky that they are not dead right now.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: damwel

You think the ski mask and tactical vest might of been the primary reason here?

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: caf1550

My guess is If they had known they were coming they would have met them sooner than inside the building.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: damwel
I'm not taking a stand on either side because those guys are idiots however just having a gun in this country where it is your right should be grounds to have weapons drawn on you.

Right to bear arms notwithstanding, 'having' a gun at home unloaded isn't 'having it'.

Thats the core of this argument. Whether we should be able to protect ourselves by cop, or by ourselves.

What good is a gun at home the one time you need it?

What good is waiting for the cops to show up to defend us? They can't be everywhere a crime is committed.

Thats why they call them "first responders". Its usually over by the time they arrive, especially when guns are involved.

Laws limiting law abiding citizens going armed are really for police protection.

ETA: The right to bear arms is the right to bear arms, period

edit on 7-2-2017 by intrptr because: ETA:

edit on 7-2-2017 by intrptr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
What was the actual need to carry them, while in disguise, into the station?

Ii suppose this means you are OK with any legal armed person, with or without a mask, entering your house.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Wow, He should have his gun rights taken away just for sheer stupidity. That's one of the most insane and dumbest things I've ever seen anyone purposely do.

How the heck did that conversation go down.

Moe: Hey, I have an idea.
Larry: Whats that moe?
Moe: Lets get our AR's, put our mask and built proof vest on and go down to the Police Station and file a complaint.
Larry: Great idea Moe, let me get my camera.

WTF?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join