It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open Carry Dearborn Police Station James V Baker ( language warning )

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Lol what an idiotic thing to say.

Thats because you're affiliated with Law Enforcement. You've had it drummed into you to shoot first and ask questions later.

hair trigger

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Maybe he shouldn't have been handling the weapon as he came through the door.

You;re struggling for justification, for what? Would you have shot him?

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

No, it's called common sense.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

No, it's called common sense.

Not to over react, not to shoot, yes. If this was real, (wheres the main stream news short stroking it all over the place)?

I need more to go on than just the law and order response.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Sad day when people just make # up because they have such a hardon for crapping on cops.

"crapping on cops", you mean questioning authority. Better than shoot first ask questions later.

From a purely tactical standpoint, these should have sought cover first, not drawn down standing in a doorway. One way they buy time, the other they are forced to escalate.

I asked you a question...

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Most open carry individuals keep pistols holstered and rifles on their back! By having his hand on the pistol grip and rifles strapped to their chest, they were entering with an aggressive stance! Common sense was not used here by these two. They are very lucky they were not shot. I certainly could not fault the officers if such a scenario had occurred.

I should hope that these individuals lose their privilege since they obviously did not appreciate and respect the action and freedom of 'open carry' laws. Idiots like this do more harm than help.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
If some stranger walked into a business in this manner, what would the owner think and how would he react.

I suspect quite a few here, in that situation, would claim valid threat and feel use of deadly force was legal.

To each his own but I don't think I would try this stunt.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Doubt there is much in that office setting that's going to do much to stop rifle rounds.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
This quite simply would not happen if we could equip ALL PDs with this . . . the TASER Shockwave.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Oh, yeah . . . if you can't walk into a bank that way, why would you walk into a PD that way?

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

After the third time of giving a lawful order to drop their weapons in a PD, with noncompliance as an answer? Yes, I would have fired on them . . . and I would be aiming center mass, which would be the head in this situation.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

Coming to a protest near you soon.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
The police overacted, did he have the AK in his hands... no he didn't. It's not illegal (in his state) to walk into a police station with a firearm in a HOLSTER or a rifle slung over your shoulder.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDeLattre89

After the third time of giving a lawful order to drop their weapons in a PD, with noncompliance as an answer? Yes, I would have fired on them . . . and I would be aiming center mass, which would be the head in this situation.

Lawful order, he wasn't even touching the weapon. It's LEGAL in Detroit to enter a police station while carrying a weapon. I don't blame him for not wanting to touch the rifle, a low IQ cop would use that as an excuse to shoot him.

Police in the US are COWARDS plane and simple. They need a harsh reminder who they work for.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Well, that was a pretty pointless thing to do, if the cops had killed them they would still be dead even though they technically and legally they may have done nothing wrong they would still be dead and what would be the point of that?

if they were killed would we have ever known that they were just testing the police or would they just be 2 armed masked men who entered the police station and were killed before they could do whatever it was that they were planning to do?

edit on 6-2-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Echo007
Police in the US are COWARDS plane and simple. They need a harsh reminder who they work for.

Actions speak louder than words. Remember ... they're "COWARDS" ... you got nothing to be afraid of. Just go up and bop 'em right in the nose.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
You gotta be bats##t crazy to waltz in a police station masked, armed, and wearing body armor. WTF do you think that looks like from the cop's perspective??? HENCE THEIR RESPONSE. Lol, the common sense isn't strong with this one, but the STUPID clearly is... He brought that upon himself 100%.
edit on 6-2-2017 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I hear a lot of cop bashing. If you are so anti-cop, then go move to that city in Brazil where the cops went on strike. What people don't seem to understand is that no matter what there will be some form of law enforcement. Even if that means that the local strong-man or warlord is using his thugs or minions as the 'law enforcement' for their own laws. Yeah, go have anarchy if you want it. You are welcome to it. As for me and mine, we will abide by the laws and respect those whom uphold it. If you don't like the laws, then change them. The officers are there to enforce the laws whether they like them or not.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
Most open carry individuals keep pistols holstered and rifles on their back! By having his hand on the pistol grip and rifles strapped to their chest, they were entering with an aggressive stance! Common sense was not used here by these two. They are very lucky they were not shot. I certainly could not fault the officers if such a scenario had occurred.

I should hope that these individuals lose their privilege since they obviously did not appreciate and respect the action and freedom of 'open carry' laws. Idiots like this do more harm than help.

Not if this was staged. Or maybe more so.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

The order was, "put that down", I wouldn't have reached for it either. The 'suspect' said, "I'm not touching it". I wouldn't have either.

Reaching for it and unslinging it would have been even more reason for the police to open fire, ya think?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join