It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open Carry Dearborn Police Station James V Baker ( language warning )

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Seriously ?

Walking in to the po po armed with an Ak47 and wearing a ski mask !

Clearly deserving of the Darwin Award.

No one can deny.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

A slung rifle with a ski mask and what appears to be a ballistic vest?

So what.

He's not threatening anyone.

In fact he said he felt threatened earlier and so wanted to protect himself when he went to file a complaint.

No problem, watch him, give him the forms and let him walk.

He's broken no law.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Sad day when the mere presence of a firearm is cause for alarm.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

The guy had a rifle in his hands,

No he didn't. It was slung across his chest. And he says, "I'm not touching it".

edit on 6-2-2017 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

It was a hell of a lot more than that.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

In fact he said he felt threatened earlier and so wanted to protect himself when he went to file a complaint.

Then why didn't he? LOL The video would have been far more entertaining that way. ROFL

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
This was just absolutely rediculous. If they were sincere in the fact that they were going there to file a complaint...what's with all the camera gear? They obviously had some other stupid agenda in go into into this station, and it was not as simple as 'to file a complaint'!

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

a reply to: Ohanka

The guy had a rifle in his hands,

No he didn't. It was slung across his chest. And he says, "I'm not touching it".

Ooo, except when he was walking in you can clearly see his hand on the pistol grip.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

And the police broke no law in responding to him the way they did.

What remains to be seen is whether any of the multiple charges that they were both charged with result in convictions.

Sad day when people just make # up because they have such a hardon for crapping on cops.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I also have to commend the police officers in their professionalism as well as their "WTF are you DOING?" responses.
I'm not one to generally side with the cops with today's frequent misuse of power, but these officers did the right thing and should be awarded for it if only in some small way.

What a couple of idiots though. Just what got into their heads that any part of what they were doing was ok?
Open Carry is one thing. Walking into your local law enforcement looking like you're ready to go out in a rain of bullets is another.

And in Dearborn no less. Those poor cops must have needed a drink afterwards.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Morons! (IMHO)
I concur with Shamrock6...
Main Moron's hand is CLEARLY on the pistol grip.
He's clearly out to provoke a response from the Police officers....
And He's been "at it" for a while...Detroit police have repeatedly violated citizens' open-carry rights, activist group claims...

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Actually, for those of you who claim that he broke no law, almost all cities have bans on walking around town with your face covered. Meaning wearing masks while running around will get you stopped and talked to by someone in a uniform. I cannot verify whether or not Dearborn has such a law or ordinance.

Most police stations do not allow you to enter while carrying, either.

I know my local city doesn't allow you to enter City Hall, or the police station while concealed or open carrying.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

It was a hell of a lot more than that.

Yah, the cops threatened to kill him for open carry.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

And the police broke no law in responding to him the way they did.

As it turned out... there was no cause for alarm... after all.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Someone walking towards me with a ak-47 and wearing a ski mask.

I'd give FAIR warning to.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Then why didn't he? LOL The video would have been far more entertaining that way. ROFL

I really dunno, the though it was staged occurs to me too.

How can we tell? Theres no background, no foreground, no after math. Just "drop the gun or else..."

...message received and understood. Don't be seen around police with a gun. Unless you're self appointed militia in Ferguson.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Someone walking towards me with a ak-47 and wearing a ski mask.

I'd give FAIR warning to.

They felt threatened, I get that. The response was less warranted. Now, if he had walked in actually brandishing his weapon, pointing and yelling at them to drop it or else, i.e., doing to them what they did to him...

Try to remain calm when you're up to your ass in alligators.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Scenario 1: Man walking down street with rifle slung across his back. Police talk to him about last night's super bowl.

Scenario 2: Lady walks into PD with a holstered pistol (assuming legal in this particular department . . . in most it's not). Cops behind counter pay more attention to the weapon, but otherwise deal with lady as usual.

Scenario 3: Idiot walks into PD with ballistic vest, ski mask, camera, and armed for the apocalypse. Officers either shoot, taze, or arrest said idiot.

Know your rights, but use common sense.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

I really dunno, the though it was staged occurs to me too.

How can we tell? Theres no background, no foreground, no after math. Just "drop the gun or else..."

...message received and understood. Don't be seen around police with a gun. Unless you're self appointed militia in Ferguson.

Lol what an idiotic thing to say.

"Don't go out of your way to provoke other people then get upset when it works."

Fixed it for you.

Really at this point you're just showcasing your own bias. The guy went out of his way to get a response. You're continuing to try and act like he was just strolling along minding his own business and was accosted at gunpoint by police when the reality is he was strapped with multiple firearms, body armor, and a face mask and seeking out law enforcement. Maybe he shouldn't have been handling the weapon as he came through the door.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

Intent is not easy to judge if it is benign, in most cases tho it's easy to tell based upon actions, words, dress, and deeds.

However, since Michigan has had several cases of people walking into their PDs and just opening fire, I think these officers showed considerable restraint.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join