It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open Carry Dearborn Police Station James V Baker ( language warning )

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I really cant understand WTF these guys were thinking was to happen doing this stunt. Open carry with your face covered into the police station is pretty much not going your way. Idiots extreme.

The first minute is actual footage, the rest...I suppose the camera was face flat so only audio from then on.

Published on Feb 5, 2017 James V Baker enters Dearborn Police Station to file a complaint about being pulled over. A live feed of him walking into a police station with a ski mask and an AK-47, then refusing to comply with the cops orders while they had guns aimed at him.

Again language warning.

Apologies if posted earlier.
edit on 2/6/2017 by jappee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: jappee

They should of just shot them..natural selection needs to come back.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
These Ancaps are god damn crazy. He should count himself lucky to be alive.

Walking into a police station with a rifle and face covered? Not at all beyond the pale to think, without hearing him talk before, he was planning a much more sinister act. Police would've been well within their right to shoot imo.
edit on -060012pm2kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

That is just about the funniest thing I've seen all week.

That was pretty irresponsible of them. I would bet $100 that if these two guys had been brown, we'd be hearing about their funeral instead.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSensible

No doubt about that

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
What was he pulled over for?

Edit: After watching the video, its only to clear the cops see themselves as exceptional to the rights of the public to own and carry firearms. He's not threatening them in any way.

Yet... they threaten him directly yelling and pointing loaded guns directly at him.

His rifle is slung and he says 'I'm not touching it'. Wise move...

Some cops feel they can abuse their authority all day yet when someone actually shows up with a slung rifle, they freakinn have a meltdown.

(Don't try this at home).

edit on 6-2-2017 by intrptr because: Edit:

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

These are the type of idiots that give those of us who are fighting to preserve the 2nd a bad name. To bad they didn't get the Darwin award. IDIOTS!

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Nothing that justifies this borderline suicidal act.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Yes they are lucky to be alive. These officers showed great restraint considering recent events. In the video after it goes black, It gets heated and then you can hear an officer or two completely baffled as to what these idiots were thinking.

Idiot; "I came in to file a complaint"
Officer; "Well this is a police situation, you can file a complaint later"

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

What, a slung rifle constitutes suicide? You watch too much cop tv.

The reality is the cops are trained to perceive all guns not in their hands as a threat, period.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

A slung rifle with a ski mask and what appears to be a ballistic vest?

Let's not try to play this down like all he did was carry a rifle slung across his back into a PD station and they flipped out. He went out of his way to provoke them and it worked, and it's idiotic to pretend it's a simple "open carry cops can't deal" situation.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

What, a slung rifle constitutes suicide? You watch too much cop tv.

The reality is the cops are trained to perceive all guns not in their hands as a threat, period.

I don't watch any Cop TV.

The guy had a rifle in his hands, a balaclava on and a ballistic vest. Is that how you go to a police station to lodge a complaint over being pulled over?

Seems like the only reason to go to a police station like that would be to shoot up the place.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
This guy is a Grade A Certified idiot.

He must poke wasp nests in his spare time.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: MrSensible

No doubt about that

Of course there is doubt. He's making a completely baseless claim.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Even if it was legal to open carry into the police station. I am quite sure that his face being covered is what set off the police. I would be too.

Why conceal your identity in a police station with a rifle, unless you were to commit a crime and not be identified?

He wasn't skiing.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Dearborn oh dear. Wait around a while and the real masked gunmen will come calling. And they wont talk to you first.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

These officers showed amazing restraint. Kudos for them. The idiots involved likely lost their right to own and carry firearms. Dearborn is not a place to play games like this. Then to top it off they uploaded it to youtube. No doubt they will get a ton of support though.
edit on 6-2-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

These are the type of idiots that give those of us who are fighting to preserve the 2nd a bad name. To bad they didn't get the Darwin award. IDIOTS!

Exactly. Just because something is technically under the letter of the law doesn't mean it is a very wise move to make. I've worked very diligently to teach my kids proper safety standards for handling and use of a firearm and try to impart upon them some of the lessons I learned in the 10th Mtn Div. Morons like this make every one of us who fight to maintain our 2A rights look like we're all in the same boat. Though I will admit that the irony isn't lost on me that many of us in the same boat will often use a similar blanket statement through association regarding all Muslims but that's a little too off topic to entertain right now.

It would be one thing to open carry into a police station, which in itself is stupid. But to do so with your face covered is being purposely confrontational simply for the sake of media attention. Unfortunately it's going to be mostly negative because they come off looking like jackasses.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar
It would be one thing to open carry into a police station, which in itself is stupid. But to do so with your face covered is being purposely confrontational simply for the sake of media attention.

The location considered, the mounted cameras, the masks and the firearms would comprise a reasonable threat in any court of law.

I would have hesitated about zero seconds before opening fire on those two.

Cops are people who are acutely aware of what it means to go home safely at the end of the day. These yahoos apparently didn't read that memo.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Oh absolutely. If my dogs started barking and I saw those fools on my security feed, they probably wouldn't have a chance to ring the doorbell. Their sole intent was to create a confrontation and I question the seriousness of actually wanting to file a complaint over a traffic stop.

They're irresponsible morons. Sooner or later, karma will bite them on the ass. I just hope they don't take things farther the next time. Legal or not, there's a time and place for everything. The police station was neither the time nor the place for this.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join