It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You know its bad when the Left Agrees with Trump in regards to H-1B Visas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Wow, this was shocking to me. The situation is so obvious and Bad for American workers and America that even the Left is agreeing with Trump. Well That is no small feat.

Besides the blatant abuse and lies by Corporate America to get the cheapest possible labor at what ever cost on the Backs of Americans , The h1 visa program will destroy our Nation as world leaders.

I have been in the industry for 20 years and have been nicely compensated for it. However, seeing the trends in my industry and the BS being pushed by Google,MS,IBM,Amazon,etc I would not encourage my son to go into the industry.

As more college students and parents start to see the good high paying jobs in engineering and other science related fields being fiven to foreigners for much lower wages , they will discourage them from going to those fields.

An American worker living in the US planning to retire in the US with a Family in the US has a much higher cost of living and could NEVER compete with his equivalent foreigner colleague who has a much less cost of living.

I'm not against H1 visa and bringing in talented foreigners. However, that is not what the system is being used for. Its being used for the cheapest labor possible by American corporations.

huffingtonpost: Trump Is Right: Silicon Valley Is Using H-1B Visas To Pay Low Wages To Immigrants
www.huffingtonpost.com...

The order aims to overhaul and limit work visas, notably the H-1B visa program. Tech companies rely on these to bring in foreign talent. Their lobbyists claim there is a “talent shortage” among Americans and thus that the industry needs more of such work visas. This is patently false. The truth is that they want an expansion of the H-1B work visa program because they want to hire cheap, immobile labor — i.e., foreign workers.

Good on Huff for putting there hate for trump to the side and seeing this issue for what it really is.

Hopefully this will be the catalysis to bring the far Right and Far left to sanity?

edit on 16228America/ChicagoMon, 06 Feb 2017 13:16:12 -0600000000p2842 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

so the Problem is not immigrants, or Indians [as one other thread is arguing], its not the visas.

if I, as a business owner, find a way to get cheap labor and rake in huge profits and bonuses, why would i say no?
who would say no?
its the government that allowed those loopholes to exist, or no incentives to keep the jobs at home due to corruption and scratch my back and ill scratch yours attitude. big corporations found a way to bypass all of that and now its a little too late.

the ones responsible for this are the ones who made it more profitable and lucrative to look for loopholes and outsource jobs. there are right now, no incentives for keeping the jobs at home, besides some delusional convoluted sense of patriotism... be filthy rich and subsequently my family and their family, or be a patriot and build a plant in middle America where infrastructure and wages and taxes regulation would only allow me to reap marginal profits and eventually be 'bought out' vs getting a guaranteed bonus year after year and growing my business so much so i can buy out smaller businesses...

and Tariffs on imports are not a solution, just a small roadblock for big corps and their lawyers to overcome, aka another notch under their belts as they'll discuss in their country club meetings.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

if I, as a business owner, find a way to get cheap labor and rake in huge profits and bonuses, why would i say no?
who would say no?
its the government that allowed those loopholes to exist, or no incentives to keep the jobs at home due to corruption and scratch my back and ill scratch yours attitude. big corporations found a way to bypass all of that and now its a little too late.

Agreed our gov't sold us out, starting with the Right under Reagon and Bill Clinton on the left.
Ross Perot exposed all this before it started to happen but both the Left and the Right crucified him.

and Tariffs on imports are not a solution, just a small roadblock for big corps and their lawyers to overcome,

The H1 was pitched and sold to the American public as a necessity to hire foreign labor when Domestic labor didn't exist to fill the position. That is the way it should be used.

It is not used like that today its used for cheap labor.

edit on 24228America/ChicagoMon, 06 Feb 2017 12:24:45 -0600000000p2842 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

new topics

join