It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which Songs Affect You On A Visceral Level?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I am pretty much known as a stoic individual...I tear up to these two songs everytime I hear them...

edit on 20-4-2017 by Lab4Us because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Really great music, everyone.
Alt-J was incredible Olaru.
Roxoxane, I always like your choices. Thank you for sharing so many!
Listening right now to Ian Moore and it is wonderful.
I love this thread!

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Thanks so much,really appreciated

Have you heard an angel sing?

From my country,to you.

www.music.org.za...

edit on 21-4-2017 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-4-2017 by Raxoxane because: added

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Been awhile, friends!

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 05:40 AM
link   
MANY great songs listed so far. A few I'd never heard before; thank you!

Two that come to mind for me are

Sonny, by Rubberbandits

and

Hell Broke Luce, by Tom Waits

edit on 19-1-2018 by TheTruthRocks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TheTruthRocks

Rubberbandits are new to me, thank you for posting that song- very intense and I don't think I've heard anything like it.
And a great one from Waits.

This one hits a different note... but just so lovely

edit on 19-1-2018 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
"Sway" by Phaser. I was shopping for some clothes for Spring Break back in 2003 and they had some AE promo album with different artists and this song was on it... Only place I've ever been able to find it is on Youtube. My girl had cheated on me earlier that year so this always kept me in a better mood, but now I just like the song and those days aren't even a memory.

And this song is just a deep song... I was going to put "Madame George" by Van Morrison but someone with great taste already posted it.

"In the Year 2525" by Zager and Evans

And the last song is "Nights in White Satin" by The Moody Blues. I do believe I was born in the wrong generation.

These are songs, along with Madame George, that I could listen to over and over...

Edited to fix broken links -
edit on 29-1-2018 by LSU0408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Absolutely agree that Madame George is one of the greatest songs ever recorded. Have you read Lester Bangs review of the album? It is the best music review I've ever read, in fact does that great album justice (which says a lot, you must know lol)
Here's a link:
personal.cis.strath.ac.uk...

Thanks for posting!!

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Nice! I read to the first break and will continue later this afternoon. But when I got to this part, I couldn't help but sing it in my head the way Van sang it... "and then this occurs: "And the love that loves the love that loves the love that loves the love that loves to love the love that loves to love the love that loves."

He did an interview with the Rolling Stone and was asked if Madame George was a cross dresser/drag queen and he said he didn't know what Madame George was besides a part of his song. Obviously because of this part:

Sitting on a sofa playing games of chance
With your folded arms and history books
You glance into the eyes of Madame George
And you think you found the bag
You're getting weaker and your knees begin to sag
In a corner playing dominoes in drag
The one and only Madame George

But after some research, there is a Madame George Lounge so I'm curious if he was referring to that which would make sense. The only thing I can't figure out is whether or not there was one in Dublin that he sung about. The one I found is in Barcelona but this also isn't 1968 and there could have been one back then.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

But after some research, there is a Madame George Lounge so I'm curious if he was referring to that which would make sense. The only thing I can't figure out is whether or not there was one in Dublin that he sung about. The one I found is in Barcelona but this also isn't 1968 and there could have been one back then.

Cool find!!! Also I'm very glad you are enjoying the review so far. (And that repeating refrain about love is my favorite part in the song)

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov

originally posted by: LSU0408

Cool find!!! Also I'm very glad you are enjoying the review so far. (And that repeating refrain about love is my favorite part in the song)

Hey mine too! That and this part, he sings it in a different tune:

"And as you leave, the room is filled with music
Laughing, music, dancing, music all around the room
And all the little boys come around, walking away from it all"

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
For the Viking Battle March kind of days

(strength, destination, and purpose)

Thanks for the songs olaru!

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

The Dirty Three have been hitting my nerves in the 'sweet spot' for a few months. I stumbled onto them through Nick Cave, who might be one of the best live performers on the planet right now. All instrumentals and their best tunes are how I imagine a soul would sound when its communicating the human condition to another soul.

You won't like it at all unless you're in the right mood so be warned!

This is the Nick Cave one that struck the original chord. Reminds me of Floyd's 'Echoes.' So soulful...and yearning and mournful, but beautiful too. I'll stop writing right now lol.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I finally had a chance to sit down and check these out. I really loved both. They both just strike that special ethereal chord.

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join