It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which Songs Affect You On A Visceral Level?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Yes! LOVE that one. Thanks for adding to the harmony of this thread!

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I like Phil Collins. For some reason listening made me think of this one.

I have opened a second tab and I have been playing the music while I am trying to get some work done. Every once in a while I have to go Whoaaa!!! and run to hit the mute button. I am definitely having fun with this.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

So much to look forward to!

Can't wait to see/participate in some more of your threads (checked in on your funny political thread the other night but was wearied of politics so was only a passive observer).

Just watching this funeral parade from Kurosawa's film Dreams. What a way to go out!

edit on 9-2-2017 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
Every once in a while I have to go Whoaaa!!! and run to hit the mute button. I am definitely having fun with this.

Oops, those might well be from me

I'll put a NSFW label on any that need parental discretion in the future.

I'm having so much fun too! Thanks for that Clapton.. my first slow dance song. Forgot the boy, remember the song, time and place.. lol.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Great song.

Back then the quality of music was a lot different, when artist actually cared about thier craft more than money and fame.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Your Dead poets thread. I'm still shocked you know so much about rap and hip hop lol. I'm a huge hip-hop head and I mostly produce hip-hop/rap

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

It's my first love when it comes to music. My parents introduced me to opera, classic rock (both of which I also love) but rap was the first genre I gravitated towards when I became a bit more independent with my tastes.

Who are some of your faves?

edit on 9-2-2017 by zosimov because: perfectionist, what can I say?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

I still think one of the greatest albums (not just rap) of all time is Marshal Mathers LP from Eminem. He isn't the same as he used to be but he's still in my top 5.

As for my favorites.. it depends. "Favorite" is too vague for me and I would have to break it into categories lol. But for the sake of keeping it simple, currently right now the usual suspects, Drake, j Cole and Kendrick Lamar I like.

How about you?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Lol, you're right, it's hard to answer that question!

When I first heard this on the radio

I was overwhelmed with so many conflicting emotions. I was sad and fascinated all at once and understood that there was a life very different from my suburban one.

I love all the usual suspects and a few that are a bit under the radar- Cormega, Saigon, Max B, Brotha Lynch Hung, to name a few.

Love Outkast, Rakim, Redman, love that gritty Wu sound, I really could go on for some time

You should post one of yours on here

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Not to sound prejudice, and maybe it's my ignorance speaking, but I find it fascinating that a middle aged white woman from the suburbs is so into rap and it makes me happy that rap is being appreciated by all walks of life lol.

I would've never guessed in a million years you would've said those names.. you know your stuff

I can tell you're into real lyricism and that's good because that's the true essence and beauty of rap.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Thank you my friend! As I wrote in the OP (I think I wrote it), music breaks barriers and brings people together like no other.

Yes lyrics are very important to me.. but sometimes I just like the beat.. it varies song to song.. lol.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Yep, music is a universally understood language that touches the soul

What type of beats do you like? Heavy trap 808's? Or more mellow melodic ones?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

tbh, I just have to hear it!

Here's one I'm into right now:

But I am a sucker for the melody!

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

edit on 9-2-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Picturing you bob your head and rapping along to this type of music puts a big smile on my face lol.

I'm still trying to process it

I think you were born in the wrong body

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

lol, I was totally bobbin my head!!!

Some days I feel expansive, as if what is "me" extends beyond this shell, it could fill the whole world! Same for each one of us.

One of those thoughtful moods again.

I'm having fun!

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

That was deep

We are all just metaphysical beings outside this shell connected to one another and the universe.

I am not even sure if that makes any sense but that's my attempt at sounding clever lol
edit on 9-2-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

It worked! (Sounded clever) lol.

But really I do agree with that. Add a thread of God through all of us and you will find one of my core beliefs.

Some days. Others I just feel so crappy and can't get outside the tiny bounds. And funnily enough my day started like the latter and ended like the former. Feeling great now!

I've had a great time talking to you. Better go check on my loved ones though, computer time is up

Have a great night I look forward to more rap and metaphysics with you.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

I think you were born in the wrong body

Music moves the soul. Even those with less than perfect bodies can move to the music. All bodies are the right bodies, I am not so sure about souls sometimes.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I was sent this. I only started it and it is over an hour long. I won't finish it tonight, but what I have heard so far, skipping around, is priceless, if you like the Blues. I think I already threw put my hip. I had to stop or I wouldn't be able to get up in the morning.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join