It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi: No grounds for impeaching Trump

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said Monday that President Trump’s first weeks in office have been deeply troubling, but offer no grounds for impeachment.

The Democratic leader was responding to recent comments from Rep. Maxine Waters, a fellow California Democrat, who said last week that her “greatest desire is to lead [Trump] right into impeachment.”

Pelosi was more cautious, saying the new president has been reckless and incompetent, but hasn’t done anything criminal to merit his removal by Congress.

Pelosi: No grounds for impeaching Trump

When a decision of this significance is being made by someone like Nancy Pelosi, you know there's something seriously wrong. I think most of us can agree that she shouldn't be anywhere near a decision like this.

The first thing that came to my mind when I saw this story is that it could be a trick. The Democrats may be trying to get Trump to relax and make a big mistake.

What does it say about the condition of America when a POTUS is already in this position after about two weeks in office? Does anyone else find that troubling?

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Holy crap! Pelosi was right?! Never thought I'd see the day.

Trump has acted fully in the confines of the law and the limits of the powers of his office. To suggest otherwise isn't a matter of debate, it's just wrong.

Lies from the Media about what he has or has not done, or what he may or may not do, are not grounds for impeachment, no matter how much they'd like it to be.

edit on -060011am2kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Stop it. Schumer is tearing up

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
She's giving him rope... when did people start being so literal and stop reading between the lines.

She has no doubt he'll use any rope given...
edit on 6-2-2017 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Lets just say I don't believe her.

She's lying. She's one of the most hated from the last administration.

Why would anyone Trust Pelosi? They never did before.
edit on 6-2-2017 by LuXTeN because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Then what do they do when trump is gone and pence is president?
if they don`t like pence do they just look for reasons to impeach him too?
do they plan on trying to impeach everyone until someone they like is president?

If this is the only plan they have to regain the white house it`s going to be a long time before they regain it.

instead of fixing their party they waste time and resources hoping that they can find or fake something to impeach every president they don`t like.

edit on 6-2-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

All the Dems have to do is wait. The current administration is a time bomb looking for an opportunity to self destruct.

If Pence is ever president, I guarantee you that's the end of the Republican party as you know it. The sick legislation that guy seeks to enact would cause such an uproar nationwide, that they'd have no choice but to reform their party. Saddam Hussein could win an election against that guy. So we should ALL be hoping that Theocratic nightmare never comes to pass.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus

if they don`t like pence do they just look for reasons to impeach him too?
do they plan on trying to impeach everyone until someone they like is president?

If this is the only plan they have to regain the white house it`s going to be a long time before they regain it.

instead of fixing their party they waste time and resources hoping that they can find or fake something to impeach every president they don`t like.

This is the current problem with the democratic party - they don't realize their party requires fixing (yes the republican party requires the same - but here I am addressing the infallible democrats). They are delusional. Nothing is ever their fault - it's always someone else's fault. They can't blame themselves, so it must be Trump's/republican's fault.

They will continue to utilize circular reasoning and get nowhere. Someone has stolen their football, and they will scream, point fingers, destroy their own communities, lie and deceive until they are satisfied.

Hunker down - it will be a long 4-8 years.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

An excellent analogy Pure Truth.

great Av too!

edit on 6-2-2017 by LuXTeN because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Pelosi lost credibility a long time ago, no even the dissenters, activist and anarchist listen to her either.

If you want to know what is in it, you have to pass it

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: LuXTeN

Lets just say I don't believe her.

She's lying. She's one of the most hated from the last administration.

Why would anyone Trust Pelosi? They never did before.

Confirmation bias.

Pelosi is one of those Nazi libtards.... until she says something positive about Trump.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
And then goes on to call him reckless and incompetent, and insult him in classic liberal style.

Trump in a few days attempted to fulfill many of his campaign promises, may have stumbled a bit here and there. That is admirable in any context.

I didn't like a lot of Obama's agendas, and his vision of the new America he had, along with his desire to fundamentally transform this country, but there were many things he accomplished in his presidency that I also found admirable.

There was many on the right desperately seeking grounds for impeachment as well...

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Same thing they have been doing

LOL.

The histronics don't change only the name.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Waste of time.

First the House must vote to impeach and to go forward in needs a simple majority, something the Dems do not have.

If some how the house does get a simple majority, it goes to the Senate to try the impeachment.

In order to remove the POTUS from office, the Senate must have a 2/3 majority or Super Majority to convict. Something neither the Dems or GOP have right now.

Only two presidents in our history have been Impeached: Andrew Johnson in 1868 and Bill Clinton in 1998. The Senate failed to convict either time, and neither was removed from office.

Right now any impeachment of Trump will be an utter waste of time.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

exactly, they don`t have the votes to impeach and they know it but it hasn`t stopped them from wasting time and resources on this futile effort, when instead they should be fixing their party so that they might have a chance to regain the white house the honest way by winning an election.

They are like the poor man who keeps spending what little money has on lottery tickets in the hopes that one day he might win.

edit on 6-2-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Probably one of the only truths I've ever heard from a liberal,I can't believe how these liberals want communism so bad,they are so ignorant,when confronted with a lie they say "so! Trumps a racist,fools

top topics

join