It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Alt-Right, Trump and ATS

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Really good post thanks for contributing.

I would be agree with you that the alt-right has risen up as a bit of a F-U to the establishment. The establishment has failed to address the concerns of their populations and as such we have seen this rise in surprise results and political action.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: ketsuko

Its like me taking this very leftist view yet refusing to admit i am left wing.

Like many on the left, you project YOUR feelings and YOUR misconceptions on to your political opponents. You just assume that because you're thinking that way (even though you won't admit it), then we MUST be thinking that way too.

a reply to: SprocketUK

Really good post thanks for contributing.

I would be agree with you that the alt-right has risen up as a bit of a F-U to the establishment. The establishment has failed to address the concerns of their populations and as such we have seen this rise in surprise results and political action.

The left in Hollywood, Academia and the media have made anti-white racism mainstream to the point you can find overt hatred anywhere being spun as something other than what it is. I'm not some conspiratorial white supremacist. I'm a guy who was all in on the racial mixing of the human race and equality for all. That is, until I saw that the people preaching were every bit as bad as the people we were supposedly against.

edit on 6-2-2017 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noncents

originally posted by: Baldryck
I'm alt-right. Now what?

From the looks of things the next step would be finding out if you float.

We could see if he weighs the same as a duck?

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Here's the thing though, I have no doubt you may be putting me in that category, but up until this election cycle, I abso-freakinl-lutely no clue what an alt-right was. I knew what a white supremacist was, but I also know unequivacably I am not one of those. Hard to be when you have a mixed marriage and children.

But know I have little doubt you are likely putting me in that category with white supremacists. It's a total bad joke.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: tribal

thats fine, you wanna go with that? cool

Youll love this one!

The United States Census Bureau defines White people as those "having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa."

en.wikipedia.org...

So....as it turns out....according to the "law of the land" even arabs and some from africa are WHITE.

isnt that just special.

beat you at your own game.

Ready for some egg on your face.

Actually that is how the OMB defines the "white race" category.

This is how they define race...

OMB defines the concept of race as outlined for the U.S. Census as not "scientific or anthropological" and takes into account "social and cultural characteristics as well as ancestry

Link

So yeah I dont think you beat me at my own game rather i think you just lost.

If i had a mic i would drop it right now. shame.
edit on 6-2-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
link   
Racial and religious discrimination amd segregation you say?

I think I finally found some of your "alt-right" bogeymen!

link   
a reply to: Grambler

Hey, I never said the left were perfect, they truly aren't.

"White men are evil?"

There was a time when "white man" considered itself superior, the left has been trying to play catch up to dispel this myth from continuing...to have universal recognition of equal standing for all regardless of gender, nationality or social positioning.

I am not aware of 2evil white man lessons", but if they have been going on I would agree that is wrong too.

A lot of the problem stems from the imbalance of power in the past, when those who mean well then attempt to address it, yet end up taking it too far so as to disadvantage the original aggressors, only serves to recreate the imbalance in a new image, such as the kid with the dreads and the issue of appropriation.

Only when we recognise all life is sacred, no matter its appearance, its beliefs and its limitations regardless of ideology only then can we bee seen to move forward as a race.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

That is actually a very good point.

I am not going to deny it, that yes I may be asking people to won a view point they may not actually have.

I think its more through the arguments they have and the views they take, if someone is clearly taking alt-right or far right views yet when someone says far-right they deny it things get a bit wired. If people would own it and just admit to it then things would be easier.

Its like me taking this very leftist view yet refusing to admit i am left wing.

Don't get me wrong, I use polirtical labels all of the time. However, I think what you say here illustrates a point.

We should focus on debating actually ideas rather than the label of the group that may have them.

For example, trumps eo on halting people from the seven countries. Attack the eo, or defend it, thats fair game. But saying that people that support the eo may be alt right, and here are other things the alt right believs is problematic.

The truth is very few people actaully totally line up with any political ideology. So by attacking the label, we actually misrepresent many peoples beliefs. thats why issue focus is important.

Now having said that, it is ok to use a persons beliefs on other issues if you know them.

For example, I recently had a discussion with someone on a thread that claimed that there should be no laws regulating a womans right to abortion whatsoever, even if she wants to have a 9 month abortion, because these laws would be government control over a womans body. This person them later claimed that she feels that the government should have a lottery to decide who is allowed to get pregnant, and if a woman is not picked, she should not be allowed to get pregnant. (I swear this actually happened!)

In this incident, I think it was totally fair of me to point out how these two extreme positions were totally antithetical to each other.

I thinks its fine to say "The alt right believes X, or progressives believe y" and those discussions are inevitable. But we should also understand that very few people fit comfortably into those groups.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

This is how they define race...

OMB defines the concept of race as outlined for the U.S. Census as not "scientific or anthropological" and takes into account "social and cultural characteristics as well as ancestry

Link

So yeah I dont think you beat me at my own game rather i think you just lost.

If i had a mic i would drop it right now. shame.

Can you cite a single example of anti-Christians rhetoric of any kind being labeled "racist"?

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Strong advocates of second Ammendment rights you say?

More "alt right" bogeymen according to your ridiculous definition.

I think some of these dudes also engaged in racial segregation and discrimination.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: solargeddon
a reply to: Grambler

Hey, I never said the left were perfect, they truly aren't.

"White men are evil?"

There was a time when "white man" considered itself superior, the left has been trying to play catch up to dispel this myth from continuing...to have universal recognition of equal standing for all regardless of gender, nationality or social positioning.

I am not aware of 2evil white man lessons", but if they have been going on I would agree that is wrong too.

A lot of the problem stems from the imbalance of power in the past, when those who mean well then attempt to address it, yet end up taking it too far so as to disadvantage the original aggressors, only serves to recreate the imbalance in a new image, such as the kid with the dreads and the issue of appropriation.

Only when we recognise all life is sacred, no matter its appearance, its beliefs and its limitations regardless of ideology only then can we bee seen to move forward as a race.

I could post hundreds of courses about whiteness and its problems, but you can google it if you are interested.

I feel you with the all life is sacred thing, but I believe you are making a mistake believing in general the laeft believs thaat and the right or alt right doesn't.

For example, as Ketsuko was saying, maybe I am against gaay maarriage (I am not by the way). Does that mean I don't think gay lives are just as important as others? Of course not.

The fact that I wan to control our borders does not mean I am do not value the lives of immigrants.

Or perhaps the most common mistake I see like this; just because I don't want far more control over welfare thrown at the inner cities doesn't mean I don't value the lives of the people there.

So I think it is more than just the left not being perfect, I think its more like in general the majority of people on the left or the right value all lives about equally.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Last I checked the alt-right you all are so afraid of is not assaulting any political opposition.
This whole thread is simply damage control to try and redirect peoples focus back to the alt-right rather than the ctrl-left who are rioting and harming people.
Yet we got the OP who isn't even American weighing in on this.
The audacity of these leftist bigoteer's never ceases to amaze me...

I can't wait for this broken ideology to die...

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

do you realize what youre saying? By citing my link you're agreeing with my initial premise that race is a construct not recognized by SCIENCE!

go ahead and keep moving those goalposts though....its certainly entertaining to watch.

lol....

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I know a few of you have noticed, but, by intention, I've changed my posting style on ATS in the past 3 months to counter rabid libtard slop being posted and I'll continue to ramp-up trigger-comments to draw out and expose the tards.

Like others on ATS, you have it 100% ass-about - the 'Alt-right' is a very new movement whose advocates have come together from all walks of life because they share the same values and customs and traditions as what the alt-right espouses. It is NOT a movement that has convinced anyone of anything new and it most certainly has not bought to peoples attention anything new - about anything.

No, the only thing that's new is the rabid hatred expressed by libtards since November the 8th towards all other humans in existence that don't share their pathetic victim-based world view.

1. Alt-right beliefs are NOT American - they're global. The proof being that many countries and governments and peoples share nationalistic traditions and have a 'citizens first' ethos. Also, non-Americans get labelled alt-right by virtue of expressing or having opinions that happen to be shared by the alt-right.

2. Milo and Trump and Bannon and Cernovich and Moylneux and Watson and Jones and others think like me - I have had my beliefs since BEFORE I knew any of them.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
If they are racist they must be "alt-right"!

More racism that somehow slipped passed the twitter "alt-right" racism censors.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I think the OP would be surprised at how many people would be considered "alt-right" if we took a poll of the general population, especially conservatives. Most of them had better things to do than post and whine on the internet.

The OP and the OP's comrades simply never ran into these kind of people. The OP and the OP's comrades were not in the factories, the construction sites, the mechanic shops, the truck stops or the farmlands.

I don't know what the OP is going to do about the Future. Gen-Z is shaping up to be much more conservative than the millenials(I apologize for my generation). Even the children are seeing through the brainwashing these days.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

whats with all the assumptions?

You do not know me personally so please do not make such assumptions.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

sounds like they want white people in sports to not try.

Those tweets read like ethno-nationalism to me.
Before you know they will clamor for black leagues again, like we used to have. I am putting money on it.

Will the OP condemn those tweets?

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

a reply to: jellyrev

whats with all the assumptions?

You do not know me personally so please do not make such assumptions.

youre alt-right, I shouldn't, I knew better as I wrote it. But I wanted to. 
You used a bunch of incorrect exaggerated labels about alt-right, so I thought it was fair game.
I am simply learning your ways.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance
Wow, that's petty retarded.

Maybe they are trans-racial racist white people ?

Of course we all know it's only white folks who can be racist etc, don't we?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join