It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Alt-Right, Trump and ATS

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: tribal

Tell you what.....

I am not going to argue with you about what race is and is not, race is what the laws of the land say it is just like assault, terrorism, theft ect are all defined by the laws of the land.

Now can we draw a line under that because its a really rather tedious to have to go over again and again because some guy wants a few extra stars to his name.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Dude i have already said that I really welcome this, I am happy to be in the minority.

Another tactic of the left. Play the hapless minority victim, even when you're not. Dude, when I look on ATS everyday I see nothing but anti-Trump articles. When I go through the news of the day, it's all ant-Trump. When I get on youtube its all videos about violent left wing protests across the country. Stop pretending your some lone survivor.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Meanwhile, this community that is supposedly so alt right has flagged your thread 44 times in an hour and a half.

Trust me the irony of this is not lost on me.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: solargeddon

The left don't hide their agenda by and large want to make it work for all.

Quick question. If the left is so transparent, why is one of their biggest platforms women and LGBT rights, yet they are silent of the abuses occurred to those groups in some Islamic countries?

If the left wants to make it work for all why do many (not all I am not trying to label everyone on the left) on the left separate us with identity politics?

As seemingly a member on the left, will you criticize things on predominantly left campuses such as curriculums that teach about how white people or men are evil?

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

What irony. Your premise that the "right" rules here on ATS is pure BS, and the support to your own thread proves it is.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Looks like the ctrl-Left is becoming the ctrl-Down.

The arguments always devolve into name calling.

They need to push Ctrl+alt+delete and go to their task manager.
If that doesn't work I suggest they go to their control panel and use system restore. Restore to about 1996.
edit on 6-2-2017 by jellyrev because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

The only people in a bigger mess than the Right just now is the Left.

The hypocrisy is unreal, the left has let the establishment grow, they have turned political correctness into their weapon and the establishment seems to cherry pick what groups it will and will not stick up for.

I think we actually need a alt-left movement.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: AttentionGrabber

What irony. Your premise that the "right" rules here on ATS is pure BS, and the support to your own thread proves it is.

I do not think that flags necessary constitutes support i often flag threads that i might not agree with but that promote good discussion.

Also i was not saying that all of ATS was alt-right nor was i really trying to bash the alt-right rather i was just wanting to have a discussion about how the alt-right is becoming a much bigger part of ATS.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

You need movement allright.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
And one more thing.

When it comes to skin color. That has absolutely nothing to do with race either.

That has to do with the distances from the equator/geographic location, and melanin production.

Those living closer to the EQ will have darker skin.

Those living further away fill have lighter.

AmIright ?

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

edit on 6-2-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Yes, most of ATS is extreme right, or alt right, however you prefer to label them.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Yes, most of ATS is extreme right, or alt right, however you prefer to label them.

I am glad i am not the only one who sees it.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Here is the difficulty I have with your post.

Individuals who make these arguments will refuse to own them? In whose opinion? Yours?

So basically, you are like a former friend of ours who disagreed with our stance on gay marriage and could not understand why we did not just come out and say we hated gays. He couldn't wrap his head around the idea that someone could sincerely disagree on teh gay marriage debate and yet not hate gays.

So here you are deciding that people who seem alt-right you MUST therefore BE alt-right even if they actually aren't, but it doesn't matter because YOU seem to have decided they are.

In other words, it sound like you are indulging in a bit of mind reading from the outset.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I am glad i am not the only one who sees it.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

If that's your idea of keeping good company, then you really are outside the mainstream for even the left of this sight.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Just say "evil devil monsters".

And just for the record, I have seen myself as "alt-right" before I even knew there was a term for it. That's because I'm not religious and I'm not conservative, but do agree with the right more often than the other side. I'm not some hardliner I was a lefty up until a 1.5 decades or so ago. The regressive nature of the left (as they call themselves progressives) over the last couple decades has pushed me away.

edit on 6-2-2017 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That is actually a very good point.

I am not going to deny it, that yes I may be asking people to won a view point they may not actually have.

I think its more through the arguments they have and the views they take, if someone is clearly taking alt-right or far right views yet when someone says far-right they deny it things get a bit wired. If people would own it and just admit to it then things would be easier.

Its like me taking this very leftist view yet refusing to admit i am left wing.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

For a long time now, the traditional parties of the working classes have abandoned them.

In the US, the Democrats care more about global trade deals that make it easier for US companies to source their workers from overseas and they routinely fail to address the issues that these people raise.
They swapped them for middle class and celebrity types who never feel the effects of factory closures, sales tax rises (on fuel etc) and a bunch of other things.
Their special groups now are BAME's and immigrants (Ilegal as well as legal). They turn on anyone who doesn't go out of their way to be pc with an almost fascist violence while shrugging off similar actions against the same class of people.

it is the same in the UK. The labour party was started up by union members to give a voice to the ordinary man and woman in the street. Now it is exactly the same as the Dems. There is a thread by Kester on this very site about how Labour now pays lip service to the working class, union vote while following the exact same policies previous governments have instituted to destroy their influence.

We have a situation where white, working class folks are unwelcome apart from on the day of the vote. The rest of the time they are supposed to sit back, accept the fact that government policy is making them poorer and shut up about it.

The moment they mention wage deflation, housing costs and reduced access to public services as being a (partial) result of the levels of immigration to their country they are rounded on as racists.

NO ONE has this group of people's backs at all. Occasionally some millionaire lefty mouthpiece will offer the platitude that "We know things are tough, but carry on trusting us and it'll get better"...it's just a lie. They don't care. They want the masses to shut up and leave the well to do to enjoy their culture in peace.

Enter the Alt-Right. To begin with, there were bat5h1t Neo Nazi parties that counted their votes in the low hundreds, then a new group, parties like UKIP, NO2EU and others formed around public opposition to further EU encroachment on people's lives. In the UK there was no main stream party that either opposed this or offered the people a vote on such things. UKIP took off and some of the more right wing freaks watched and toned their message down and softly allied themselves with such parties.
It was a similar thing with the Tea Party and suchlike.

We see memes and posts designed to upset and infuriate appear on Reddit and 4chan. How else are these dispossessed people who are truly suffering going to hit back against the powerful, well off middle and upper classes who think they shouldn't have a voice in the direction of their country? The MSM is broadly in line with the political left so they don't care, the right wing tabloids in the UK have a history of extreme anti union rhetoric, so they can't really be turned to either.

People get together and post a meme that is inflammatory and designed to upset people. Then they make a point of laughing at the reaction, poking fun at the triggered, those same people who, up until now, didn't even see these folks. They were an invisible underclass, unheard and unheeded. Well, now they are taking notice aren't they?

None of these folks cares too much about the Nazi thing, because, well, Nazis aren't the ones who put them out of work at the car plant or made them feel like dirt in their own lands so when the Nazis join in, everyone just goes along for the laugh, to experience the pain of those others who have wronged them.

In summary, Alt-right isn't truly about white supremacy, its about becoming a massive pain in the bum of the establishment.

A large number of white people have been marginalised, ignored, insulted and hurt over the last 30 years. Lashing out is the natural consequence of this.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

thats fine, you wanna go with that? cool

Youll love this one!

The United States Census Bureau defines White people as those "having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa."

en.wikipedia.org...

So....as it turns out....according to the "law of the land" even arabs and some from africa are WHITE.

isnt that just special.

beat you at your own game.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baldryck
I'm alt-right. Now what?

From the looks of things the next step would be finding out if you float.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join