It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Alt-Right, Trump and ATS

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
on definition of racism...

So this is in response to a few members who have just challenged my way of defining racism.

To be clear the definition in the dictionary will vary from one dictionary to another, it will vary from one person to another because we all have different understanding of what certian things mean, there is always a degree of subjectivity in language.

As such words like "race" or "racism" tend to also have a legal definition found with the laws of the land for this reason so for example in the UK CPS

"A racial group means a group of persons defined by reference to race, colour, nationality (including citizenship) or ethnic or national origins." The definition is wide and victims may come within the definition under more than one of the references. Gypsies and some travellers, refugees or asylum seekers or others from less visible minorities would be included within this definition....

So you see the definition of race is much more complex that your dictionary might have you believe.

I am unsure of how it is defined under federal or state Law in the United States but it may be similar.
edit on 6-2-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-2-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: FauxMulder

One of the big core beliefs of the Alt-right is around racial and religious segregation.

BLM has been calling for racial segregation for years now. The left supports BLM. It's a staple of SJW nonsense.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I'll go with what scientist say "race" is. Not your opinion.

Humans: Race? One. Human Race

Race Is a Social Construct, Scientists Argue

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Looks like the ctrl-Left is becoming the ctrl-Down.

The arguments always devolve into name calling.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Meanwhile, this community that is supposedly so alt right has flagged your thread 44 times in an hour and a half.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

You are right when we live in a global society striving for full equality and you say your solgen is "America first" its hard not to sound anything but racist.

The mistake is yours. American is not a race. Islam is not a race. Immigrant is not a race. If the first thing you think of is a race or color upon hearing those words, then it sounds like you are the racist ones, and we find that you've been projecting the whole time.

Great catch. You have actually caught their subconscious in action. When they think of America, they think of white people. And they hate that. They have a disdain for white american culture. I would too if I loved big government. White american culture is small government. They hate that culture of small government.
Notice they always create this picture of gun toting, bearded, overweight, redneck, white people who are for small government.
At the end of the day its about politics not race, they hate their subconscious concept of america.

This is only a good catch into the workings of my subconscious if you are a mind reader.

As i have stated above the actual real legal definition of race where i am from does actually mean that race is about more than just colour.

I really do actually like all parts of American culture, you guys make amazing movies and some pretty good music. Not a big fan of your art or literature however.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: FauxMulder

It is being used and wasn't made up by or put into use by the Hillary camp.

You can tell Richard Spencer that it is simply a 'stupid word used to disparage anyone who who holds right side views'.

Richard Spencer, stormfront. Both things we would never even know about if it weren't for left wingers constantly talking about them.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerminalVelocity

Which is racist according to left wingers.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

What about what the law has to say race is....?

or are you going to refute that because it does not fit with your ancient world view that race means white, black, brown, yellow and a funny shade of green.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

or are you going to refute that because it does not fit with your ancient world view that race means white, black, brown, yellow and a funny shade of green.

Why do left wingers all seem to think they have an omnipotent power to redefine words they want to use as political weapons? It's like you're trying to mold reality to something other than what it is. You do that by redefining words, faking hate crimes, exaggerating fringe groups and figures with the help of your mass media propaganda machine, Claiming to be for love and peace as you destroy property, fight police and beat people up.

It's downright scary.
edit on 6-2-2017 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: AttentionGrabber

And what are you even whining about, it seems there are enough folks like you here who support your tripe.

I am not whining....

you know that old saying about the pot and the black kettle though right?

I know it and it sure doesn't apply here. Do you see me writing threads whining about how the other side gets more support or about how my side is getting flamed.

No you don't. Conclusion, you are whining, I am not.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Because "racist" that's why.

link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

Why do left wingers all seem to think they have an omnipotent power to redefine words they want to use as political weapons?

Nope i have not tried to redefine anything.....

Anything more constructive you would like to add to proceedings?

link   

Brilliant post OP, though the Milo guy to be fair looks a little lost.

He comes across as left wing (his delivery style) but with a commentary dissimilar to.

To me, he comes across as having mixed up the left and the right...no-one from the left seeks to undermine anybody at its core, merely redress the imbalance over the centuries.

Now he talks as though those who traditionally were given priority as being victims of an injustice, rather than seeing it as it really is....equality.

I can get on board with his sentiments of the nanny state and political correctness, yet he is also fighting against hs own ideology with this for one simple reason.

The left don't hide their agenda by and large want to make it work for all.

The right wish to control and do so largely by stealth, attempting to take away choice, by making alternate viewpoints seem "dirty" pro life and welfare to name but a few, their main interests are routed in selfishness, with a myopic outlook. The "don't have kids if you can't afford them, fck your bleeding heart, its not my fault its yours" mentality, when in retrospect they are the very people who have taken a position in society that has left them squeezed out.

There is not enough room for everybody to be who they want to be, to say otherwise is disingenuous.

Or a the right truly this blind?

The Alt-right talk about the establishment, which is ironic, as traditionally the right are very much a part of the establishment, the authoritarian establishment, the them and us establishment.

The Alt-right are lost souls, divided and unconnected from society with an incoherent voice, it is a form of extremism not unlike that of religious extremism...this hell bent notion that they are right, anything opposing is wrong, or alt- fact, or fake.

I can't say I entirely blame them, the Democrats are just as lost, they are unrecognisable to the leftist movement here in the UK, but they will find their way again, they always do....as they are far more open-minded and respect differing perspectives more readily.

In some ways the Alt-right is to be respected, they have partially broken the shackles of their own narrow-mindedness, to form a movement, a revolution, its just a shame this revolution is not universally more beneficial.
edit on 152017MondaypmMon, 06 Feb 2017 13:13:15 -06001America/Chicago62017 by solargeddon because: (no reason given)

edit on 142017MondaypmMon, 06 Feb 2017 13:15:14 -06001America/Chicago62017 by solargeddon because: (no reason given)

link   

on definition of racism...

So this is in response to a few members who have just challenged my way of defining racism.

To be clear the definition in the dictionary will vary from one dictionary to another, it will vary from one person to another because we all have different understanding of what certian things mean, there is always a degree of subjectivity in language.

As such words like "race" or "racism" tend to also have a legal definition found with the laws of the land for this reason so for example in the UK CPS

"A racial group means a group of persons defined by reference to race, colour, nationality (including citizenship) or ethnic or national origins." The definition is wide and victims may come within the definition under more than one of the references. Gypsies and some travellers, refugees or asylum seekers or others from less visible minorities would be included within this definition....

So you see the definition of race is much more complex that your dictionary might have you believe.

I am unsure of how it is defined under federal or state Law in the United States but it may be similar.

But the reality is there is ONLY one race on this place.

Human.

From medicine to reproduction. ALL the same.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

uh yeah....uh no.....

i choose to go with the SCIENTIFIC definition of race.....you know...science? that thing that righties are always getting called antiscience about?

yeah, looks like you might be on the losing end of this one.....i mean....if you believe in SCIENCE.....

there is only one race....the human race.....and i will not be suckered into the make believe fairy tale world of liberals who need to create nonsense groups of people so they can play them off against each other.

notice how as soon as someone challenges your definition game you resort to appealing to uncertainty, a logical fallacy. Words have definite meanings, or else the use of language is pointless and we might as well go back to biting and eating each other like the rest of the dumb animals.

language and words have specific meanings, and if you want to live in lala land making things up as you go no one with half a brain will talk to you.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

And what are you even whining about, it seems there are enough folks like you here who support your tripe.

I am not whining....

you know that old saying about the pot and the black kettle though right?

I know it and it sure doesn't apply here. Do you see me writing threads whining about how the other side gets more support or about how my side is getting flamed.

No you don't. Conclusion, you are whining, I am not.

Dude i have already said that I really welcome this, I am happy to be in the minority.

I might disagree with the alt-right and hate Trump but i am not winning about anything.

but yes please if you are unable to actually articulate your own views on this just continue to put words in my mouth.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

What about what the law has to say race is....?

See? Typical. Can't refute what someone puts out? Then twist their words or try to make it look like they said something they didn't.

Where in my post did I say race is broken up by skin color? No where.

I believe in the Human Race. Period.

You, on the other hand, seem to really, really, REALLY want to divide people up. Pigeon hole them with labels.

You want to not only divide them up by colors (something I NEVER said), but by their nationality, their culture, their very background.

What's wrong in thinking that everyone is simply human? And that their skin color and place of origin shouldn't really matter?

Got anymore words you'd like to try and make it look like I said, when I didn't? Hmmmm?

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

That source doesn't even give a definition of the word "race", if you want to hump ants.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join