It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Alt-Right, Trump and ATS

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AttentionGrabber
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

And what are you even whining about, it seems there are enough folks like you here who support your tripe.

I am not whining....

you know that old saying about the pot and the black kettle though right?

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: seeker1963

It's bad to love your country, and this how this globalism has taken root!

I love my country, that is not a bad thing.

I do it however without saying "lets ban Islam" or "shut down all immigration".

I have a ideologically different view so my views on what it means to love my country may be different. The implication of your post is that to welcome globalism is to reject your country. However that is only because of your ideological stance, i have a different ideology that welcomes globalism. Neither is right or wrong just different political view points.

So i am not saying that your views are "bad".

Who is saying Ban Islam? I see some people saying it, but does that mean some of them are white or conservative that everyone else who is white or conservative? Trump didn't say it and if you say he did, how come 87% of Muslims of other countries were still able to enter the US? Have an answer for that one?

Who shut down all Immigration by the way?

This is the nonsense that pisses me off! Distortion of the truth to fit ones political agenda is about as dishonest as one can get!

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Not calling you racist.

There's a nuance within the Alt-Right which I think is lost on most people outside of it in this era of hyperbole and choking on gnats while swallowing camels whole: WE DON'T CARE IF YOU THINK WE ARE RACISTS. There's no power behind that claim anymore because it has been overused to the point of worthlessness. This modern society lost their minds when they started hunting for racism in every statement, action, and policy. It diluted the claim down to the point where the only reasonable response to being accused of racism is a shrug of the shoulders, an audible "meh," and moving on with your business as if the claim meant as much as "nice weather we're having today, ya?"

We have a nation, families, and lifestyles to protect here... all the rest of these happy horsecrap concepts are immaterial in the face of that.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

If you admit that you are a part of the regressive left or CTRL-left, I'll consider taking your label.

Is it any surprise millions of moderate Americans have already used.

CTRL-ALT-DELETE.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The Alt-right is generally not racist. Again, it is pretty difficult to be racist when your entire ethos is America First and America is the world's largest melting pot.

I really appreciate it when people own their views.

You are right when we live in a global society striving for full equality and you say your solgen is "America first" its hard not to sound anything but racist.

Like is said, I do think there is a slight nuance in the race politics of the alt-right when it comes to claims of racism.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

If she wouldn't have said the deplorables comment, and not had fallen into a van because of "pneunomia", yet she hugged a child that same day, she may have won.

The groups would still exist, but this thread would have been a gloat thread if she won.

Or this thread would be about Republican obstruction in Congress.
And we would have Judges overturning Hillary's EO attempts to make illegals citizens.

(post by OtherSideOfTheCoin removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
looks like an exercise in reductionist thinking.

i believe most people are political hybrids and cannot be stereotyped at all and that attempting to do so actually encourages those people to adopt contrarian positions just to throw a wrench in the works.

myself? im pro choice, pro gay rights, pro LIVE AND LET LIVE.....

im also not fond of Islam, im anti open borders, anti globalism, anti EVIL and anti TAKING RIGHTS away from people in any form no matter who its perpetrated by.

I was against Bush Jr, and against Obama......i dont like anyone who wants to tell me how to live or talk.....

i guess i pretty much just want to be free.

but i also realize we cannot have a country without borders and certain basic order which can only be created by a governing body of some sort.

link   

You are right when we live in a global society striving for full equality and you say your solgen is "America first" its hard not to sound anything but racist.

The mistake is yours. American is not a race. Islam is not a race. Immigrant is not a race. If the first thing you think of is a race or color upon hearing those words, then it sounds like you are the racist ones, and we find that you've been projecting the whole time.

link   

The Alt-right is generally not racist. Again, it is pretty difficult to be racist when your entire ethos is America First and America is the world's largest melting pot.

America is not a race. Racist means to believe that one race is superior to another.

I don't understand how saying America first sounds racist?

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

What? Is America one race of people, and the rest of the world are of a different race. No? So what is racist about it?

See, this is what I mean with trying to associate Trump supporters with racism and at the same trying to make nationalism, or at least putting your own nation first, sound like a bad bad thing.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Listen Up!

ALL MEMBERS: If you have not already done so, you need to click on the link below and review the revised rules about the Political Mud Pit forum....especially if you feel an overwhelming urge to insult a fellow ATS Member:

Political Mud Pit Forum Guidelines (Revised 02/02/2017)

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

The mistake is yours. American is not a race. Islam is not a race. Immigrant is not a race. If the first thing you think of is a race or color upon hearing those words, then it sounds like you are the racist ones, and we find that you've been projecting the whole time.

Always amazes me how Americans like to simplify Race to mean simply the colour of ones skin when the rest of the world sees it as so much more its about a sheared culture, history, language, geography and identity if i didnt give you a job because you were American then I would probably be sued for being a raging racist.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

DON'T CARE IF YOU THINK WE ARE RACISTS.

Go a step farther. Embrace the racism. Call yourself a racist. If all trump supporters, say yup "I'm racist" the word loses all power. All that happens is leftist get to rationalize to themselves why they do not need to have rational debate with a "racist" The catch is they were going to rationalize a reason why they do need to be rational with someone on the alt-right already. It really makes no difference.

Thus embracing the term racist is actually advantageous and destroys a rhetorical device.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Always amazes me how Americans like to simplify Race to mean simply the colour of ones skin when the rest of the world sees it as so much more its about a sheared culture, history, language, geography and identity if i didnt give you a job because you were American then I would probably be sued for being a raging racist.

WHAT

rac·ism ˈrāˌsizəm/
prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races. noun: racism "theories of racism"

Are you sure you know what racism is?

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

No the problem is that folks like you try to call everything that is not fluffy, racist.

There is only one definiton of race and it doesn't involve all the things you say it does.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Who shut down all Immigration by the way?

I am going to try this again.

I think my good sir you may have misunderstood my point, I am terribly sorry it may have been how i chose to articulate myself.

In stating that I do not need to call for a ban in Islam or a shut down of immigration to show my love for my country i was not trying to say that anyone has shut down all immigration only that it was the stated ideological goals of the alternative right movement.

This is the nonsense that pisses me off!

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

The racial politics, as you call it, almost certainly have stemmed from the globalists trying desperately to keep their ponzi scheme without borders running in the face of massive resistance. Let's be very honest here, globalism cannot work the way it was implemented and, in all likelihood, is impossible to evenly implement in any of our lifetimes. When we have some countries where clean water, flushing toilets, and 3 square meals a day make the person one of their country's wealthiest individuals and some countries where not being able to afford cable TV, an iPhone, and a dedicated car for each legal driver in the household is considered abject poverty, there's a divide which isn't going to be bridged any time soon. The United States has NOTHING in common with these third world nations. Furthermore, we have immigrants entering the United States with the intent of altering our system to meet their expectations, Sharia law, religious accommodation at jobs which are by nature in objection to those religious underpinnings, and refusal to learn the predominant language of the USA all contribute to the prevailing attitude that the US needs to be a lot more choosey and restrictive on exactly who we let in here.

You're confusing culture clashes with racism.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Great catch. You have actually caught their subconscious in action. When they think of America, they think of white people. And they hate that. They have a disdain for white american culture. I would too if I loved big government. White american culture is small government. They hate that culture of small government.
Notice they always create this picture of gun toting, bearded, overweight, redneck, white people who are for small government.
At the end of the day its about politics not race, they hate their subconscious concept of america.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Do you guys ever tire of buzzwords in place of arguments to silence your opposition? It's a pretty big list of words now that have lost all meaning to anyone but the person using it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join