It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Alt-Right, Trump and ATS

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: FauxMulder

One of the big core beliefs of the Alt-right is around racial and religious segregation.

The belief being that when a foreign culture enters into the native culture that culture then tries to take over and influence the native culture and that is something that the alt-right want to stamp out. I actually think there is a bit of a nuance here in that its not such much "we are better than you" racism but rather "we dont want your culture mixing with ours, watering it down".

why didnt this come up in the late 1600 to early 1700s... if only the Americans (the original ones) had similar mentality.

but i 'degrass'

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I'm absolutely Alt-Right and no, our platform is not based in any way on racism. We are nationalists and, last I checked, America is an ethnically diverse nation. That fact alone makes these racism claims complete BS. I don't care what you look like, I care about what country you're from, PERIOD.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

originally posted by: neo96
What is alt right ?

A new political neologism that was created because I guess calling right wingers neo nazis,white supremacists got old.

Exactly. Since they couldn't outright call every Trump supporter a white supremacist and nao-Nazi they decided to create a dog-whistle term to associate with Trump. That way they can imply without pointing a hard finger.

Every Trump supporter is not alt right. However, the term was coined by white supremacist Richard Spencer. It was not made up by the left.

I been on this site 6 years.

99% of my time spent in the political forums.

And it wasn't until just recently.

Alt right made it's appearance.

By guess who?

TRUMP CRITICS.

You a right.

It was Hillarys fault, soon as she said that Trump was linked to the alt-right the alt-right went form being just a few keyboard warriors to being a legitimate political ideology. More than that they were able to say "our views aline with that of trump" then you get guys like Steve Bannon who is a strong figure in the alt-right ending up with the ear of the president.

If she had shut her mouth this thread may never have existed.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I don't by the argument that its just we are a nation of immigrants. This is untrue and way too simplistic.

It is.

Some people are immigrants.

Some people are born here.

Some people were here before there ever was a US.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I'm absolutely Alt-Right and no, our platform is not based in any way on racism. We are nationalists and, last I checked, America is an ethnically diverse nation. That fact alone makes these racism claims complete BS. I don't care what you look like, I care about what country you're from, PERIOD.

Same here!

But you and I can see how that has even become a way to call someone a "White Supremacist" This is the nonsense being taught in our colleges!

It's bad to love your country, and this how this globalism has taken root!

Notice how the Left went nuts over Trump on the O'reilly show saying, "We aren't innocent.". I couldn't believe it! A group wanting to destroy this country and pretty much have been against our whole history and when we finally have a President that said we are not a righteous country from some of our actions either they go nuts!
edit on 6-2-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

a reply to: FauxMulder

It is being used and wasn't made up by or put into use by the Hillary camp.

You can tell Richard Spencer that it is simply a 'stupid word used to disparage anyone who who holds right side views'.

I didn't say it was made up by her, I said it was used by them. It was made popular by them.

And I don't give one fux about Richard Spencer. Stop trying to associate him with anyone on the right.

No, it was not made popular by them. A cursory search at the history of the word will show that.

Not associate him with ANYONE on the right? That would be difficult as he is definitely right wing and coined the word alt right.

*everyone*

It was not popular term or used in the mainstream at all until Hillary and camp started using it. That's simple to show. Google it. You can ask just about anyone on the right, I had never even heard of the term until she started using it.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I dont think i called you personally a racist...

Actually to quote one of my other replys

One of the big core beliefs of the Alt-right is around racial and religious segregation.

The belief being that when a foreign culture enters into the native culture that culture then tries to take over and influence the native culture and that is something that the alt-right want to stamp out. I actually think there is a bit of a nuance here in that its not such much "we are better than you" racism but rather "we dont want your culture mixing with ours, watering it down".

Not calling you racist.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

There is no such thing as an alt-right argument, nor is the Trump administration far-right, as is evidenced by his populist views.

With the negative press the so-called Alt-right has been getting, it is no wonder some would use it as a pejorative in order to slander and dismiss the arguments and views of other posters.

If you admit that you are a part of the regressive left or CTRL-left, I'll consider taking your label.

link   

You say 'our platform' , as if your not being racist means the alt right generally is not. The roots of the movement or platform do not show that.

link   

You say 'our platform' , as if your not being racist means the alt right generally is not. The roots of the movement or platform do not show that.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I guess alt-right means you care about the constitution... In that case, why the hell isn't everybody "alt-right"

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Not calling you racist.

Guy......your whole OP is a pathetic attempt to associate Trump supporters with racism, right wing extremism and xenophobia, no matter how many contrived disclaimers you come up with.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

It's bad to love your country, and this how this globalism has taken root!

I love my country, that is not a bad thing.

I do it however without saying "lets ban Islam" or "shut down all immigration".

I have a ideologically different view so my views on what it means to love my country may be different. The implication of your post is that to welcome globalism is to reject your country. However that is only because of your ideological stance, i have a different ideology that welcomes globalism. Neither is right or wrong just different political view points.

So i am not saying that your views are "bad".

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: AttentionGrabber

Not calling you racist.

Guy......your whole OP is a pathetic attempt to associate Trump supporters with racism, right wing extremism and xenophobia, no matter how many contrived disclaimers you come up with.

Sorry let me be very clear.

With out specific any member.

Yes i think that several of you are racist and many more of you hold extremely bigoted views against Islam.

However I am in no way saying that i believe that all Trump supporters are racist.

EDIT.

Ohh i meant to say i also happen to think that racist and religiously intolerant views are outdated and only represent ignorance and are a leading cause of problems in modern society.

but if your not a racist or religious bigot then this obviously does not apply to you.

edit on 6-2-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I say it in the same way as you may be inclined to say your platform doesn't include morphing liberal protests into community destroying riots... yet most of those liberal protests end in violence and tomfoolery. No groups are homogenous, Reldra. Every group has its share of counterproductive assholes in it. Are there racists in the Alt-Right? Absolutely there are! Are there racists in BLM? You damn betcha! Are there racists in ANTIFA? By definition, absolutely...

The Alt-right is generally not racist. Again, it is pretty difficult to be racist when your entire ethos is America First and America is the world's largest melting pot.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
I guess alt-right means you care about the constitution... In that case, why the hell isn't everybody "alt-right"

Because there are a whole lot of other ideologies you can align yourself with that care about the constitution yet aren't completely self-entitled faux victims of Big Minority.

link   

And what are you even whining about, it seems there are enough folks like you here who support your tripe.

link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: xuenchen

I think she made a massive mistake with that speech as soon as she done it the alt-right went from being a internet fringe to massive mainstream coverage. It gave the alt-right the opportunity to break into the mainstream

Yup.

The wide are Left Wing MSM emphasized it and tried to smear it.

Big Backfire.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: reldra

So let's not act put upon just because you're getting agreed with and starred less than you used to

That is a ridiculous assumption. Another example of why this is impossible to even discuss.

What's the assumption? Every time somebody posts the ritual "ATS is just a right-wing echo chamber now!" that's exactly what they're doing: acting put upon that they're not the majority voice.

I have very, very little confidence you'd show up in a thread from another lefty and start talking about how you don't want to sound like an echo chamber for that member.

The better example of why this is impossible to discuss is when members post comments like your first one in the thread, which contribute very little other than some back-patting for the OP and some snark for those who disagree with the OP, but make no real substantive contribution.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I say it in the same way as you may be inclined to say your platform doesn't include morphing liberal protests into community destroying riots... yet most of those liberal protests end in violence and tomfoolery. No groups are homogenous, Reldra. Every group has its share of counterproductive assholes in it. Are there racists in the Alt-Right? Absolutely there are! Are there racists in BLM? You damn betcha! Are there racists in ANTIFA? By definition, absolutely...

The Alt-right is generally not racist. Again, it is pretty difficult to be racist when your entire ethos is America First and America is the world's largest melting pot.

No, no, NO. It's totally valid to lump "the other side" all in together while simultaneously refusing to allow your own side to be lumped into one group.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join