It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Alt-Right, Trump and ATS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

ATS is also an echo chamber for leftist ideals. Just like the same members that are right wingers show up and high-five each other, the same members that are left-wingers show up and high-five each other. Case in point.

There's just less of you than there are of those on the right.

So let's not act put upon just because you're getting agreed with and starred less than you used to

edit on 6-2-2017 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I love this post and I am going to break down for you why i love it, its full of the usual tripe i find form members who disagree with me.

Just another thread that you're mad at ATS not being a Left Wing echo chamber, and this is another lame attempt to blame the other guys because your bubble keeps getting popped!

If I wanted ATS to be a left wing echo chamber I would be posting on any number of left wing subredits. I dont want you to send me a hundred flags and have page after page of people agreeing with me because that is boring.

I want you to disagree with me, only I would like it done intellectually which so far I have not seen you do. i would rather have 40 pages worth of people disagreeing with me than 40 pages of "Good thread mate".

So you could not be more wrong in your assumption on this.

Why don't you just beg the Owners of ATS to ban everyone who doesn't believe as you do? This is pretty much been your Modus Operandi the past year hasn't it?

Sometimes that is tempting but only to weed out members like yourself who make post like this that contribute nothing to a thread.

What you want, is ATS to censor anyone who doesn't fall into your paradigm of political beliefs. JUST SAY IT!

Nope what i want is to promote debate and discussion by created controversial threads to generate intelligent debate.

Specifically in this thread i want to discuss how ATS has turned into one of the leading forums for the alt-right.

link   
I'm alt-right. Now what?

link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

originally posted by: neo96
What is alt right ?

A new political neologism that was created because I guess calling right wingers neo nazis,white supremacists got old.

Exactly. Since they couldn't outright call every Trump supporter a white supremacist and nao-Nazi they decided to create a dog-whistle term to associate with Trump. That way they can imply without pointing a hard finger.

Every Trump supporter is not alt right. However, the term was coined by white supremacist Richard Spencer. It was not made up by the left.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
alt-right is just a term that the Hillary camp started using to rationalize calling trump supporters deplorable. Notice it isn't even being used anymore?

It seems to me that now it is just a term for anyone on the right that you disagree with. It's a stupid word used to try and disparage anyone who holds right side views. The left uses it to try and take away from the credibility of anyone they don't agree with. That's why you lumped in so many different views all common with people on the right.

99 percent of republican voters are for small government and support the second amendment. So if you want to try and define what alt-right is then leave all the generalities out of it. The left believes in big government and so do communist so are all leftist communist?

Maybe it isn't ATS that has changed so much, just that many members believe Trump was the biggest FU to the NWO.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Not going to be able to respond to all of what you have said however what i will say is that I really enjoyed reading that post and I agree with some of what you have to say.

Thanks for the contribution.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I would say that I am closer to a libertarian or a classical liberal, but labels are hard. I will say this, I like a lot of what Milo and Steve Bannon say. I also dislike some. However, I do not think they are white supremacists, nor do I feel there is any proof of that whatsoever.

I was as well. Then I seen what happened in europe with refugees, welfare, and crime rates.
I also seen PEW research opinions on cultural groups.
I realized that current immigrants will be able to vote in the future, or their kids will. These immigrants love big government according to the research. They will vote to elect people who will use a gun against me to pay for their big government.
It's an act of self preservation for me and the current form of the US government.

The argument is simple, If Japan and US switched populations, would Japan still be Japan? No. We would change Japanese government to fit our culture. Just how the Japanese people would change the US government to fit their culture. We would do this by voting.
All developed countries would have the same laws and governments if our cultures were all the same, there would be a superior government that everyone would agree on.
I have never even seen a lefty attempt to refute this.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Illegal immigrant =//= legal immigrant
edit on 6-2-2017 by DrakeINFERNO because: (no reason given)

A cali senator just admited his illegal imigrant family uses false ss, green cards etc to get by
edit on 6-2-2017 by DrakeINFERNO because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

It is being used and wasn't made up by or put into use by the Hillary camp.

You can tell Richard Spencer that it is simply a 'stupid word used to disparage anyone who who holds right side views'.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Just another thread that you're mad at ATS not being a Left Wing echo chamber, and this is another lame attempt to blame the other guys because your bubble keeps getting popped!

Why don't you just beg the Owners of ATS to ban everyone who doesn't believe as you do? This is pretty much been your Modus Operandi the past year hasn't it?

What you want, is ATS to censor anyone who doesn't fall into your paradigm of political beliefs. JUST SAY IT!

Good God, seek some help.....

You've just proved the OP correct.
At what point did he ask to censor someone? Can you quote the exact sentence?

Why is it so difficult to just address the content of the op without resorting to petty child like behavior?

This is the main issue I have with ATS, not that its become a right wing message board, but the quality of posts have degraded to 4chan levels of worthlessness.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

alt-right is just a term that the Hillary camp started using to rationalize calling trump supporters deplorable. Notice it isn't even being used anymore?

The left have crated a massive problem in labelling people ( i am aware of my hypocrisy on this)

The problem this has created is that after years of being called xenophobic, racist, homophobic, sexist and so on it creates a barrier. If i start out by calling you a racist then our conversation is not going to get very far.

The other problem this creates for the left is that any time a label is used fairly (Ie, alt-right) anyone on the right who refuses to own it can simply shout out about how its just another label like calling people racist for being anti-immigration.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

a reply to: SaturnFX

Racists are anti-immigrant.

And anyone that has a problem with ILLEGAL immigrant doesn't make them a 'racist'.

The only thing it makes them is a believer in the rule of LAW.

There IS a difference.

Come to this country the right way.

What this country doesn't need is more people that think they are above such trival things as US LAW.

Yes, thanks for repeating what I said.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

You can tell Richard Spencer that it is simply a 'stupid word used to disparage anyone who who holds right side views'.

I didn't say it was made up by her, I said it was used by them. It was made popular by them.

And I don't give one fux about Richard Spencer. Stop trying to associate him with everyone on the right.
edit on 6-2-2017 by FauxMulder because: Everyone NOT anyone

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

The left have crated a massive problem in labelling people ( i am aware of my hypocrisy on this)

The problem this has created is that after years of being called xenophobic, racist, homophobic, sexist and so on it creates a barrier. If i start out by calling you a racist then our conversation is not going to get very far.

The other problem this creates for the left is that any time a label is used fairly (Ie, alt-right) anyone on the right who refuses to own it can simply shout out about how its just another label like calling people racist for being anti-immigration.

I agree with this. The labels are thrown all day long until they loose their meaning, then a new one is found, and used to death.
edit on 6-2-2017 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Hillary started the hate speech during the Campaign.

The Left took off with it like a rocket.

HILARY ALT RIGHT IN ONE MINUTE

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: reldra

So let's not act put upon just because you're getting agreed with and starred less than you used to

That is a ridiculous assumption. Another example of why this is impossible to even discuss.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

What is alt right ?

A new political neologism that was created because I guess calling right wingers neo nazis,white supremacists got old.

Exactly. Since they couldn't outright call every Trump supporter a white supremacist and nao-Nazi they decided to create a dog-whistle term to associate with Trump. That way they can imply without pointing a hard finger.

Every Trump supporter is not alt right. However, the term was coined by white supremacist Richard Spencer. It was not made up by the left.

I been on this site 6 years.

99% of my time spent in the political forums.

And it wasn't until just recently.

Alt right made it's appearance.

By guess who?

TRUMP CRITICS.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I think she made a massive mistake with that speech as soon as she done it the alt-right went from being a internet fringe to massive mainstream coverage. It gave the alt-right the opportunity to break into the mainstream

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

I didn't say it was made up by her, I said it was used by them. It was made popular by them.

And I don't give one fux about Richard Spencer. Stop trying to associate him with anyone on the right.

No, it was not made popular by them. A cursory search at the history of the word will show that.

Not associate him with ANYONE on the right? That would be difficult as he is definitely right wing and coined the word alt right.
edit on 6-2-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev

originally posted by: Grambler

I would say that I am closer to a libertarian or a classical liberal, but labels are hard. I will say this, I like a lot of what Milo and Steve Bannon say. I also dislike some. However, I do not think they are white supremacists, nor do I feel there is any proof of that whatsoever.

I was as well. Then I seen what happened in europe with refugees, welfare, and crime rates.
I also seen PEW research opinions on cultural groups.
I realized that current immigrants will be able to vote in the future, or their kids will. These immigrants love big government according to the research. They will vote to elect people who will use a gun against me to pay for their big government.
It's an act of self preservation for me and the current form of the US government.

The argument is simple, If Japan and US switched populations, would Japan still be Japan? No. We would change Japanese government to fit our culture. Just how the Japanese people would change the US government to fit their culture. We would do this by voting.
All developed countries would have the same laws and governments if our cultures were all the same, there would be a superior government that everyone would agree on.
I have never even seen a lefty attempt to refute this.

Its a difficult issue. I have seen aall of these youtube videos from Britisih talk shows discussing "What does it mean to be British"

I could say the same about America, what does it mean to be American.

I don't by the argument that its just we are a nation of immigrants. This is untrue and way too simplistic.

I don't care where you are from, what you look like, what your religion is, what your sexuality is; none of that makes you an American to me. To me America is about one thing more than anything else; freedom.

This means personal liberty, personal responsibility, and respecting other peoples personal liberty up to the point where that persons choices hurt another.

Many immigrants have came in, from the Irish to Asians to Islamic immigrants and have embraced these beliefs.

You wanna know an American I look up to? In my town a little rural one in PA, a Islamic man and his family bought the local gas station. They work like 20 hours a day a piece and are the nicest people I have ever met. I don't know nothing about their background, all I know is that they are hard working great people that always put a smile on my face.

But I do understand that we need to be able to control how many and whatbtype of people come in. Sweden is an example of when you bring in too many people from a different culture too fast, the original culture starts to fade away. Now women are told they caan't swim in pools with men, and tons of other insane things.

So there is room to be concerned about our borders, and still love immigrants.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join