It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Alt-Right, Trump and ATS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: FauxMulder

One of the big core beliefs of the Alt-right is around racial and religious segregation.

Don't even need to. Leftist are already starting to resegregate, but its virtuous so its ok.
Blacks demand Dorm Segregation
edit on 6-2-2017 by jellyrev because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Excellent post. But, you saw it coming. People picking apart the tiniest detail. They will not own up to it.

Don't worry i expect it.

I have been around this littler corner of the interwebs for long enough to know how these kind of threads go down.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: FauxMulder

One of the big core beliefs of the Alt-right is around racial and religious segregation.

The belief being that when a foreign culture enters into the native culture that culture then tries to take over and influence the native culture and that is something that the alt-right want to stamp out. I actually think there is a bit of a nuance here in that its not such much "we are better than you" racism but rather "we dont want your culture mixing with ours, watering it down".

It's always funny to me when somebody uses Milo to support their ideas about what the alt-right is and wants, since he's a flaming homosexual that openly admits to loving "men of color."

Not saying that there aren't alt-rightys that are racist. Or anti-Muslim. But don't hold up Milo as your proof about the alt-right and ignore what he openly admits to being lol

+23 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Just another thread that you're mad at ATS not being a Left Wing echo chamber, and this is another lame attempt to blame the other guys because your bubble keeps getting popped!

Why don't you just beg the Owners of ATS to ban everyone who doesn't believe as you do? This is pretty much been your Modus Operandi the past year hasn't it?

What you want, is ATS to censor anyone who doesn't fall into your paradigm of political beliefs. JUST SAY IT!

Good God, seek some help.....

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Excellent post. But, you saw it coming. People picking apart the tiniest detail. They will not own up to it.

Much like people "saw it coming" that disagreeing with the OP is somehow conflated with a refusal to "own up to" being what the OP describes, according to some.

Life must be easy when you have all the nice tidy boxes to put everybody in, rather than attempting to deal with actual points of debate.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Secondly I am making the point that ATS has moved away from being about conspiracy discussion towards being about discussing pro alt-right views. Its turned into the discussion forum for Britbart News.

No the problem is that ATS moved away from its roots and is now mostly about political discussion. I don't really like this either and even wrote a thread about it, but that one was removed because some people don't seem to understand metaphors......

Anyways, the problem that you have is because you feel that the side that you don't agree with is getting the upperhand.

Big difference, but very transparent.
edit on 2/6/2017 by AttentionGrabber because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

What you claim to be "alt-right" is actually the original middle. The left has moved so far left that the middle is just very very far away, giving the illusion the middle is far right.

That being said. You should get away from all these labels, trying to generalize and pigeon hole people into what you think you are against. Look at people as individuals and listen to what they say and look at what they do and you will realize, very few fit neatly into your little categories.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: KEACHI

I wonder if these people consider Japan and its people as super alt-right extremist, who are a danger to the world.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I can't watch videos right now so I am just going off of what you wrote. I don't consider myself alt-right, however, in the way you define it as being conservatives that feel the establishment Republicans ignore them, then I would say that is part of what I am.

I would say that I am closer to a libertarian or a classical liberal, but labels are hard. I will say this, I like a lot of what Milo and Steve Bannon say. I also dislike some. However, I do not think they are white supremacists, nor do I feel there is any proof of that whatsoever.

The problem with the term alt right to me is that is is used to encompassed so many groups. As the Breitbart article that Milo wrote that the left loves to quote shows, there are like six groups that are labled alt right. One of those groups is the Richard Spencer types that seem to be white supremacists.

I think the problem with your argument is that you are basically saying this. "Bannon and a bunch of people on ATS want to secure the border. White supremacists like Richard Spencer want to control the border. Therefore there is a connection between these two groups"

What doesn't make sense to me is that people want to jump all over making connections to white supremacy, yet totally ignore any other type of bigotry. For example, we have politicians, celebrities, people in academia and in fact entire universities, and politicians that preach the evils of whiteness or men, and yet this isn't considered bigotry. Yet someone wanting border controls links them to white supremacy.

So what if we reversed that charge. You are far increased scrutiny of police departments? Well so is black national groups, so therefore there are troubling connections between you and black national groups.

Now I am not saying you are doing this, but it seems now that just screaming some vague connection to "white nationalist" is now used to silence debate. For example, look at the videos of the people justifying the riots at Berkely. They had to stop Milo because he is a Nazi. Someone asks what has he done that makes him a Nazi. Well they just KNOW he is a Nazi, and thats good enough.

You talk about the rights conspiracy theories. What about Trump getting peed on is Russia, or the rioters in Berkely being right wing plants by Bannon. Why not mention these left conspiracy theories?

And you claim that pro trump threads are universally praised and anti trump flamed? One of my favorite posters on ATS is theantedilluvian, who makes like 10 anti trump threads a weak. Almost everyone one of them make it on the homepage because they have so many flags. How could this be if ATS is becoming a sort of exclusive Alt right cite like you are claiming? The truth is, both sides have good points, and both sides flame.

I appreciate your thread here because I hope it will spark conversation. However, in seems somewhat poorly timed considering that we are seeing anti trump people rioting like every week. That to me seems more of a pressing issue, but I notice you haven't really been making posts saying how you are worried about this.

edit on 6-2-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

My conclusion is that since the start of the 2016 election cycle up until now ATS has transformed from a site that mostly focused on alternative topics and conspiracies to a site that is mostly now focused on discussion of the alt-right.

I agree with that conclusion.
The election of this President seems to be bringing out the worst in people.

Funny thing is we've been banging on about the NWO for years and now it's here people are supporting it.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

Don't even need to. Leftist are already starting to resegregate, but its virtuous so its ok.

Just a slight point of contention there.

Not starting to.

They. Those LEFTISTS started segregating long ago with the hyphenated Americanisms.

And the rest of their identity politicking.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Much like people "saw it coming" that disagreeing with the OP is somehow conflated with a refusal to "own up to" being what the OP describes, according to some.

Life must be easy when you have all the nice tidy boxes to put everybody in, rather than attempting to deal with actual points of debate.

The actual point was a definition of the alt right and that more and more ATS members espouse these ideals, yet will deny they are alt right, at the very same time.

This has nothing to do with tiny boxes or disagreement. If you aren't alt right, there is no reason to say it. If you have a better definition of alt right, there is no reason to not give it.

It is true that a lot of ATS has become an echo chamber for alt right ideals. It's possible some don't realize that is the political view they project.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
One of the best parts about being a right of center conservative is in not giving a # what liberals and the extreme left think of you, or how they attempt to define you.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I was actually reading some stories today of airlines making women move seats when islamist have a seat next to them because these islamist said they could not sit next to a woman.
Rosa Parks rolling in her grave.

Then I looked outside to see protest about the issue. I seen none.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
One of the best parts about being a right of center conservative is in not giving a # what liberals and the extreme left think of you, or how they attempt to define you.

Taking the time to point out that you don't care sort of defeats your purpose.

link   
Dp
edit on 6-2-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Being an advocate of the 2nd Amendment is a "far right belief" now?

Weird how advocating for an individual's rights is a far right belief. I wonder when that happened.

No, he's saying it's part of a collection. Many liberals (myself included) are not anti-2nd amendment.

Think of ammosexuality as a blended iced mocha. Sounds great and it can be. Now think of say, racism, as diabetes. An iced mocha can be a great fit for most people and people with diabetes can manage their disease with proper care and awareness of what they do in their daily lives.

But if you mix the two, you have something more harmful. That's what OtherSideOfTheCoin is getting at. It wasn't meant to be a jab at gun-fans; it was just one of a collection of traits that make up most Alt-right folk.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I made signs that say "We support Trump, liberals NOT allowed" that I am going to hang on the door of any business that I disapprove of. (and they thought a bad Yelp review was bad!)

Does that make me alt-right?

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Btw, one thing I noticed is that some of the most persistent and vocal 911 official story promoters, and compulsive anti Russians, who were at it for years, are now suddenly some of the more vocal compulsive anti Trumpers, or retired.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
What is alt right ?

A new political neologism that was created because I guess calling right wingers neo nazis,white supremacists got old.

Exactly. Since they couldn't outright call every Trump supporter a white supremacist and nao-Nazi they decided to create a dog-whistle term to associate with Trump. That way they can imply without pointing a hard finger.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join