It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Alt-Right, Trump and ATS

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Being an advocate of the 2nd Amendment is a "far right belief" now?

Weird how advocating for an individual's rights is a far right belief. I wonder when that happened.

What happened is ATS has been inundated with far left trolls. Just about every thread on the home screen is anti Trump this, alt right that, etc.

Ppl who made ATS what is was aren't posting anymore bc there are other places and sites to do so and those have block, silence and mute features.

Idk why I logged in...Every time I do I am disappointed by the content.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
What is alt right ?

A new political neologism that was created because I guess calling right wingers neo nazis,white supremacists got old.

you forgot deplorables, privileged, fake news, and sexist.

i cant believe the left is still trying their old tactics which have been blowing up in their face. the rage has blinded them.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I can't believe this thread is 19 pages in and yet just the simple term "Alt-Right" and what it is and whether it even exists is still being argued about.

The OP has it correct. As does Zombie. The Alt-Right is in fact an organization of people with a common set of ideas. Although it also includes many various, very loosely or non organized factions and self proclaimed members as well.

I don't understand why so much fuss about who they are or what their common beliefs are or whether they are meant to place a negative perspective of them is being questioned either. I mean they chose the term for themselves and have openly defined what their views are. It's not like the semi-official Alt-Right is in opposition to their own stated platform or beliefs. They are the ones defining themselves that way. Whether or not it's seen as negative is also a subjective question. Saying that they support White Nationalist ideas may in fact seem negative if you personally don't support those ideas. But to someone who does they aren't negative at all. Richard Spencer isn't ashamed of his views on Racial or Cultural Separation. He's more than willing to have an open conversation about why he thinks that is a positive perspective to have.

I think it's those loosely or non organized self proclaimed members who find it offensive when it's mentioned however. Because some of them, while being self appointed members of the movement or at least like the label of Alt-Right, don't all support the White Nationalist ideas themselves but might like the other ideas they have. But since they aren't actually part of the public debate on what the Alt-Right represents they can't change what the official position is. So they keep the label and some of the ideas but get defensive when the other ideas are included. Well, too bad. The fact is you choose the label for yourself so those come with it. If you don't like that then you either need to become the new public voice who defines what the Alt-Right views are or not choose that label for yourself, because that's how it is being defined whether you like it or not.

It's amazing that this has gone 19 pages with so much confusion about what the Alt-Right is or that it even exists. It's all just confusion or denial of something that is pretty clear at this point. At least in the way it does in fact exists. It's both an official organization with membership as well as a sort of open label that one can self identify with if they want in an unofficial way. The two versions can differ in ideology very little or quite a lot depending upon the person. But it obviously does exist and has been defined by the OP in a correct way since all the OP did is copy and paste how the Alt-Right has chosen to define itself publicly. No manipulation needed.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Yes, yes, we know, they're all like that.

Do you, and others, ever get tired of your over the top broad brushing of folks who disagree with you?

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

But seriously, these people are at the extreme of the right, isn't that what alt-right is?

Same as alt-left, they're the one who like to smash up cars and shops in "protest"

edit on 11/2/17 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I tend to believe that the majority of the alt-rightists are also xenophobic against extraterrestrial space aliens --- with their so-called attempts at the demonization of E.T.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86
I tend to believe that the majority of the alt-rightists are also xenophobic against extraterrestrial space aliens --- with their so-called attempts at the demonization of E.T.

Totally... E.T.'s are the demonic fallen angels to them. Their xenophobia knows no bounds.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

Totally... E.T.'s are the demonic fallen angels to them. Their xenophobia knows no bounds.

ETs are part of the same fabric of alt-facts that got us here.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

ETs are part of the same fabric of alt-facts that got us here.

Good point.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilliamtheResolute

a reply to: xuenchen

Uhhh pretty sure the right wants to go back to 50s white America because they can't adapt to a global world of color and mixed cultures.

Pretty sure everyone out there who's breathing has an agenda, a couple of gross generalizations to illustrate:

The Muslims want everyone to be Muslim...or dead. The Globalists want a mixed race slave population and in America conveniently co-opted and funded the BLM movement which wants a race war anyway. White Nationalists want a Christian based values country and will use unchristian methods to achieve their ends while the SJW's want whatever the BLM, Muslim, LBGT and Feminists tell them to want.....so much for pragmatism as a tool to populate a dystopian world.

In the heartland those in rural populations and older American voters just want jobs and the peaceful and polite society reminiscent of the 1950's... before the Counter-culture and neo-con wars tore the country apart. Personally, I wish everyone could have grown up in the 1950's middle-class, small town America that I experienced. If you didn't then you have missed one of the best times to live and be an American, you would understand the essence of the America spirit and what we have lost.

Sir, I would like to address your last paragraph here. I believe the right really does not understand the left, I will start with this last paragraph of yours. I find many things "wrong" with this type of thinking - BUT not because I have anything wrong with "this type of lifestyle".

The first thing I see wrong here is this is your "growing up experience". Surely you do realize that you were looking at things through the eyes of a child?

And simple logic dictates that if there is ever expanding population (which the right does want) - by numbers alone this means there will be no more small towns.

And no one cares if YOU want to live that way - the problem I have with this type of thinking - which includes the "cultural" or "lifestyle" angles of "Traditional Family" - you people do want to make everyone live that way. Everyone's going to live in a small town. Mayberry for everyone. But how can that be for an area such as mine - where there are multiple millions of people?

And we (left) don't care what you do. If we don't care about gays we don't care about you. No, the problem we have with this stuff is that YOU are trying to force this all on us. This guy basically SAYS SO right here. As do others.

And you do realize that you can't legislate a "lifestyle", right? There is a cultural war against "people who are different", including those who simply choose to "opt out of" this "traditional lifestyle" - and you people do realize WHY don't you? Because we aren't breeding more consumers. And for those with a racist bent - more white people.

You do understand why all that "traditional family lifestyle" is so promoted, right?

And you do understand who's behind this all, right? Those who stand to gain. Big business. Why do you want to kiss their asses and be their serfs? Especially when it's more rural people (especially in farming) who have been screwed the most?

I think men are blinded by sex. And they get nostalgic over their childhoods and think "if only things could be like they used to be"... I find this general sentiment repeated a lot. And it mostly comes from men. These "MRA" guys are typically "right" as well.

Why don't you step back and think a bit? You were looking at things through the eyes of a child. I saw something, I think it was an interview of the guy who did the movie (book first?) "Fight Club". And it was something along the lines of - "The movies promised us that if we were the good guy we'd get the girl", I'm paraphrasing, something along those lines.
And I've seen similar sentiment repeated elsewhere.

And why this baffles me is - you do realize that movies and TV are fiction? Don't you? And did you think things were just going to magically happen and all would be perfect?

Why do you want this lifestyle, anyway? Doesn't it seem boring to you? And I don't mean like "urban hipster finds the country bumpkins boring" - I mean - with ANY lifestyle - the novelty is going to wear off?

And children do not always see what is going on "behind the scenes", it may not be the rosy picture you remember.
Of course kids like us who come from broken homes did see...

The closest for us would be suburbia. Which does seem to try to mimic a "small town". Or a "family friendly" lifestyle. And these places are pretty boring. THE BIG ISSUE HERE though is - DISCRIMINATION.

And by that - I mean - discrimination against you. One of the biggest things I don't understand about "the right" is - yes some of you people are racist and disavow it all you want, shout long and hard about how YOU aren't like that - but you have to acknowledge that some are and doesn't it ever occur to you that YOU might not be "their kind of people"?

And in the sort of burbs we grew up in - you're a desk jockey (biz person) or GTFO. And even if you could afford it - say you were an auto tech or restaurant owner - the majority of these sheep would give you the stink eye because you're "too weird" or "not exactly like them".

And they don't like hill billies. I hear that even in the burbs of Atlanta and Houston - they don't like hill billies. You kiss the asses of people who can and do discriminate against YOU!!!

And you know the conformity gets narrower and narrower. Because it's a mindset. Pretty soon you're getting the stink eye for not driving the right car. You know it to be true too because of the saying "Keeping up with the Joneses". That exists for a reason. The stink eye gets narrower and narrower and soon it will be cast towards you.

And you kiss these people's asses - WHY?

Look here - if you think that if everyone just gets married and has 2.5 kids that they name Leave it to Beaver and Beaverette, oh and Aunt Bea too - then everything will be OK again - yes it sure will be for those who are going to make money off of you! This isn't for you - it's for THEM!

Are you BLIND???

And again - I, friend here, and most people we know who are like us too - WE DON'T CARE what you do! But we are concerned as to why YOU care about what we are (or are not) doing.

Decided to address biz and tax ideas in a separate post.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Biz and tax ideas. And where the L and R may differ. Or, I don't know - maybe we are on the same page and should get together.

I want to be clear where I'm coming from. If I did not say - I'm on the w. side of Chicago here. Mid range ($ wise) area. "Hipster" sort of an area. High tax area. Entire area is. The roads are clear, the trains run on time. Education wise I studied engineering in school, work wise that means you're in a business, doing tech work. But of course you see what else does go on. I also did study environmental sci, which the coursework I had would be closer to civil engineering rather than "ecology" or "tree hugging" which would be separate areas of study.

My friend here did study engineering too and also has an MBA. Actual formal biz ed and does work in international trade. This is complex stuff and I'm trying to learn more about it, for investing purposes. I do understand the basic concepts and have read enough books on this, and I have started reading the biz news too.

I really have no words. It's complex stuff. She says she's "fried from work". The point here is though - that this stuff is more complex than people think it is and if anyone starts a trade war up it's going to be a huge mess.

Which will affect YOU. Prices will go up. And there still won't be any jobs because the basic manufacturing jobs aren't coming back. Why would they when they can be done cheaper elsewhere? And this is the doing of big biz which is mostly right or "conservative".

We probably should be working on the "fight for 15" minimum wage. And BIG BIZ should pay more taxes! They scare YOU with the tax boogey man because THEY would be paying - not you.

Because I understand this from environmental angles, and my friend here, who's in commodities (not "agra" though) - but we both get the gist of it all. And that's a point I wanted to make, before I forget - EVERYONE needs to learn the basics of this stuff! It's not that hard and it's scary to me too - from what I didn't know, and I am not stupid and I am an educated person, but they keep you compartmentalized, because they DON'T want you to know! Of their plans. Which are right in front of you anyway, they just want to make $ off of you, DO NOT CARE about anything else. Privatize profits, externalize costs.

So you "Heartland" people - right to the w. of us - I hope you realize that you're running out of water. It's being sold out from under you and only a handful of people profit. This is happening via exported crops. Which are shipped to the four corners of the earth and the water in those plants is then gone.

You won't be getting any of our water (great lakes region) either. That's all locked up. OK my friend here says - "No one (US) should be living west of the 100th meridian". Again - this is a business person, not an "environmental person". But you can bet your ass that THEY are watching it all! I was frankly stunned by how much this business person knew. And keeps up with current events, too. They have to.

And everyone else should learn the basics, too. I think. Current events. Read the biz news, they tell me. Which I have started doing because I'm sick of the wall to wall sensationalism just about everywhere else. This is a good tip that others may want to do too.

Read your local biz news too. You can get ideas on how to create your own work. There ARE tax breaks for small biz too. Why should big biz get it all?

And another thing that baffles me and one reason I got interested in it all and 'fell in with' some biz people too - so many on the right cry for "jobs" - why don't you create your own biz? This is possible, there are tax breaks and everything. And then yet at the same time you rail against big biz, sim to how we (L) do, but then you turn around and vote for those who are all about big biz and not you.

It's truly baffling to me and I think we have to create some entirely new "political parties".
Learn to recognize and steer clear of propaganda also.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: FalseMove

Allow me to summarize: the golden haze of the past is gone. Coal is dead. The small farm is dead. The small town is dead. If you want work, you need to learn a higher order skill and move to a city. I tend to agree. If a society does not move forwards, it dies. Going backwards is decadence; failure and death.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Chadwickus

Yes, yes, we know, they're all like that.

Do you, and others, ever get tired of your over the top broad brushing of folks who disagree with you?

And no one does the same over the top broad brushing of the left?!?!?. Are you that naïve? But here is the kicker. Why didn't Trump denounce such people? In fact he seemed to condone these acts.
edit on 25-2-2017 by Tiger5 because: Add in more text

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: FalseMove

Great post! I would like to find out bout the water situation in the Heartland. Do you have any links. We do need a whole different political framework that is socially just and works for the left behind. Protectionism lead to Trade wars which in terms lead to world wars...

The other side of the equation is that we have been overproducing graduates for decades... But yet our education is in decline against the global education ratings. We need more numerate degrees.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Tiger5

Where in that statement did I say they didn't? Go ahead, I'll wait while you look. 'fraid you'll be looking for a while...'cause it ain't there.

Of course, the left is broadbrushed, and it's just as stupid as broad brushing the right. Feel better now??

This is why we can't have nice things. Immediate jumping to conclusions without actually looking first.

I'm of the firm opinion that many on both extremes need to grow up, and realize that living in the middle is much more comfortable. But, this is an impossible dream, because all too many of you have far too much emotional investment in being right to do so.

So, did you find it??? Didn't think so. Naive...

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

OK we have established both sides broad brush. Fine. However you seem to be answering a post that was not directed at you. Fine oh moderator. Has Trump supported violence against those who disagree with him? When violence has occurred amongst his Alt Right following (a group whom he holds considerable influence over) why hasn't he denounced it.

IMO power and influence should also carry a moral responsibility. You are free to disagree with me.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

Ahh the good old days when they could attack Obama's birth , his mother and his father! Ahh the good old days when the Te party clowns cheered at the YouTube clip of a move attacking a black man.

Ahh the days of defending anti-Semitic behaviour.

The days when the Orange ape was a democrat and friends with Hillary.

Ahh the days when we would roast the Bush Clan (Commie scum)

Yes those were the good old days.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   

You do insist upon looking at only one side, don't you?

For some odd reason, you've singled out the "right" as the bad guy. I'm saying you're not wrong, exactly, you're just not seeing the entirety of the picture. Right wing morons advocate violence...they're wrong, according to you. Sweet! We're in agreement. Left wing morons doing the exact same thing...they're only doing it in response to the right, or specifically Donald Trump--not sure whether or not you've said that yourself--and they get a pass for some odd reason from those on your side of the issues...

That's on you. Trump is far from my fave person on Earth. I have little use for him in point of fact. Didn't vote for him, and don't anticipate doing so in four years or so...

I have no dog in this stupidity that so many of you are involved in, other than it is getting slightly tiresome.

It's boiled down to a lot of you saying, in essence, "I know you are, but what am I?". Are we really at the point that the discourse has devolved into 4th grade playground banter??

But, hey, if that's what floats your boat, have at it.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

You do insist upon looking at only one side, don't you?

For some odd reason, you've singled out the "right" as the bad guy. I'm saying you're not wrong, exactly, you're just not seeing the entirety of the picture. Right wing morons advocate violence...they're wrong, according to you. Sweet! We're in agreement. Left wing morons doing the exact same thing...they're only doing it in response to the right, or specifically Donald Trump--not sure whether or not you've said that yourself--and they get a pass for some odd reason from those on your side of the issues...

That's on you. Trump is far from my fave person on Earth. I have little use for him in point of fact. Didn't vote for him, and don't anticipate doing so in four years or so...

I have no dog in this stupidity that so many of you are involved in, other than it is getting slightly tiresome.

It's boiled down to a lot of you saying, in essence, "I know you are, but what am I?". Are we really at the point that the discourse has devolved into 4th grade playground banter??

But, hey, if that's what floats your boat, have at it.

I am glad that we agree over some things. I do not condone the violence. I have demonstrated but I have not fired bombed or kicked in any shop windows. However the topic is Trump and ALt Right I think that I should try to stay on topic and try to counter the foolish deflections that I have read in these pages.

Something needs to give for sensible discussion but this is out of my power.

You could start a thread and limit any idiocy from reaching it but I cannot.

edit on 25-2-2017 by Tiger5 because: Add in more text

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join